Dwarven City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what did YOU do today?

+14
31trainman
Brendanan
Lorpius Prime
SDIAN(SD1AN)
jeffewing997
Mimodo
Splated
Dr. Steel
sret
requiemmc
Blackwind
Arrowave
3rdi
spectrumwars
18 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

So what did YOU do today? - Page 19 Empty Re: So what did YOU do today?

Post  Arrowave Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:01 pm

I'm sure that as long as you return it and keep up with it, nobody will mind. Fortune picks are kinda only useful in the mines anyways.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:12 am

Only problem with the arch into the throne room is it needs more light on it.

And yes, we've got several fortune picks again, so you can bring one to the mines. Just be careful around Lava with it, and don't log out for extended periods with it still in your inventory!
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

http://capiteterram.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:08 am

Ok, so what I did was:

Make the minecart hub tracks look less like some crap thrown into a cavern... It's a little more pleasing to the eye... (btw, I just realised it's the exact same station design I managed to figure out myself for a 3 way minecart station just after powered rails were added, just extended... AND a shit load more compact)

threw a thousand or so gravel into the lake

Helped SW dig out some more of the item grinders

Went enderman hunting
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:34 am

The third chamber of the darkroom item grinder is active and fully operational. Thanks a lot to Jeff and Mimodo for their help with the final digging, and for going into the nether for more glowstone. Speaking of which, mimodo came on for a few minutes shortly before I left, and went glowstone hunting as well. He ended up annoying the Pigmen and getting repeatedly killed, and then had to log off with his stuff still scattered somewhere in the nether. It's apparently not too far from the portal room, but I don't know in which direction. No one go into the Nether until he gets a chance to come back and make another try at retrieving the couple stacks of glowstone he left lying on the ground.

I also harvested the farms twice today, after noticing that we were running low on bread, my foodstuff of choice. I also put more cooked chicken and steak into the food chest.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:24 pm

I tried to do more work on the tunnel to the throne room... I copied the cage for an iron golem... and of course, it intersected with the bed area...

So i removed the fishing hole and made a new bedroom, and accidentally destroyed the old bed (which I was planning on keeping till everyone could re-sleep... Really sorry for screwing around with the beds so much.

The old loot drop is still there, but if we want to, I can move it so that it drops in the bedroom again. Your choice.

Died many times trying to retrieve items, and lost em all D:

overall, not too much production
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackwind Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:01 am

Well me and mimodo both lost our stuff in the nether. I did a couple of lines of mining and die repeatedly.
Note to self: DON'T DIE
Blackwind
Blackwind

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:15 am

If only it were that easy -.-
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackwind Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:37 am

Well it's not.
Blackwind
Blackwind

Back to top Go down

Post  requiemmc Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:17 am

Along with the usual mining I've been doing,

I've been struggling to replace my trusty enchanted Unbreaking + efficiency diamond pick

I keep making fortune picks instead.

I have also been working on adding an on/off switch to the blaze spawner. running around the nether looking for glowstone with only some cobble a workbench and some wood.

I will probably end up going for out for more later tonight im not sure i have enough lamps to stop spawning of the blazes yet.

requiemmc

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:00 pm

Did a little digging and a lot of gravel-spamming and got enough of the lake filled in to dig out the first half of the final chamber of the item grinder. Which is producing so many items already at 75% capacity that I have crafted two stacks worth of TNT just to make room in the gunpowder and sand chests. I also cleared out most of a chest of unenchanted bows by using them to make Dispensers. Not that we need dispensers in huge quantities, but at least they stack to 64.

While working on the lake, I finally decided to investigate the mob sounds I'd been hearing from one bit of the hills next to the lake. Didn't find a dungeon like I was hoping, but found a shortcut to an unexplored section of a partially-explored cave. Got a couple stacks of coal and some iron out of it, but it's still got a lot of dark side passages left. I was lagging too much for really safe exploration of a major cave system, so I left it for later.

I also did a session of XP grinding. Down there there is so many bones, arrows, and bows in chests from skeleton grinding that I've installed a lava incinerator for excess, since we've already got insane amounts of all of them up in the warehouse. Spider drops are less of a problem; eyes drop fairly rarely, and string can be crafted into wool for more compact storage. After reaching level 52, I spent 49 of those levels on a new diamond sword for myself. Got Sharpness IV and Fire Aspect II, not a bad sword. Should be a one-hit kill on most mobs, finishing off nearly all the survivors with fire. Maybe a 2-hit kill on Endermen, who have double hit points.

EDIT TO ADD: Yeah, remember how I said I was disappointed that I didn't find a dungeon in that cave? Make that two zombie dungeons and a spider dungeon. Not quite close enough together to be worth making a triple grinder, but oh well.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Steel Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:21 pm

Made a tiny proof-of-concept obsidian maker near the Golden Gate (Go through it then left, just before the minecart station).

Instructions: (Be wary, it contains BURNING HOT MAGMA and menacing moving parts!)

1. Put some redstone dust on the obsidian floor.
2. Pull the lever on the right DOWN. This brings part of the floor up so the lava can't flow everywhere.
3. Pull the lever on the left. This opens the lava floodgate. Open it until a lava blob starts to fall down.

4. Wait until the lava level is at the same level as the raised floor and push the button on the right. This cuts off any excess lava.
5. Finally, pull up the lever on the right again to lower the floor and mine your obsidian!

Note: This consumes the redstone dust.

Dr. Steel

Back to top Go down

Post  requiemmc Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:18 am

finished upgrading the blaze spawner there is now enough lamps to stop spawning blazes the switch is at the entrance to the blaze spawner.

I've added more soul sand beds for grown nether wart while grinding blazes as well.

I also added a stack of glowstone plus half a stack of dust to storage and fixed the card tracks to the mines

so its back to the mines again anyone have a idea how long we want a trunk to be before we want to start a new one?

200 blocks long 300 500?

requiemmc

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:06 am

however long suits you really... 500 blocks is a long way, but if you think it's worth the distance, why not?
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:38 am

Collected more glowstone

wasted a heap on some new chandelier designs (not much really, but still maybe 5-10 blocks wasted). Have a look at em, put some variation in if you think it's needed. I think it looks more chandelier like than the other designs, and this is the first shot i've taken with designing them.

I think we really need to get the throne room finished. Just find something to decorate the walls with, finish these chandeliers, and get the roof lit better
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:45 am

Brendanan wrote:I think we really need to get the throne room finished. Just find something to decorate the walls with, finish these chandeliers, and get the roof lit better

The roof IS lit, it just looks dark from the floor due to the void fog. Unavoidable when we dug it this deep. We could use some more lighting on the 45-degree-angle sloped part of the walls/roof, and the walls themselves.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:29 pm

That's what I meant... Not the roof itself, but the randomly placed walls on the slope... Basically anything above the walls. And we still need to decorate the walls...
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:52 am

I haven't had much free time lately and in a few days I'm going on vacation. I'll try to get on soon and work on the Throne Room though.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:19 am

Took Blackwolf on a tour of the item grinder. Got shot by a skeleton and fell into the canal while inspecting the lit-up interior of the first completed chamber, had to pillar my way out as we don't have an emergency escape hatch at canal level in any of the chambers yet. Trying to remove my dirt pillar afterwards, I lagged and fell in again. How embarrassing. But at least I didn't actually die either time. Almost died again later while fighting slimes in the throne room, also due to lag issues.

Afterwards, we got a good start on digging out the final chamber of the item grinder. The rear two platforms and canals on one side are done, the other side canals mostly outlined. Thanks to Blackwolf and Mimodo for their help.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:23 am

Who's Blackwolf?
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:44 am

sret wrote:Who's Blackwolf?

A typo due to tiredness. BlackWIND is the player here, BlackWOLF is a guy I knew on another forum a few years ago. Sorry about that.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:51 am

Ah, the whole tour thing made it sound even more like a new member.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:41 pm

Very productive day today! Bren, Req and I put a lot of work into getting the throne room finished. First off me and Bren worked together on the chandeliers until we found a design that we both like and which Req also approved of. I posted a picture of it in the picture section for you guys to share your thoughts.

We then decorated the wall with a bunch of hanging banners, which we were also really pleased with. Hope you guys will like them, they finally made use of a ton of wool. The jack o lanterns in the floor were replaced with glowstone and the slab-top thingies (sorry, I'm tired) lining the red carpet were removed. I think that about covers it and if we settle for these chandeliers we just need to get rest of them up and fix the torches on the walls and ceiling and the throne room is basically done! Very Happy
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackwind Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:21 am

Well, I've been doing the grinder, 2 side arms done with just the ceiling needing to be patched over and I'm on my third.
Blackwind
Blackwind

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:58 am

Did an XP grinding session. Ended up blowing 48 XP levels on Efficiency III and nothing else on a diamond pick. Bummer.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:40 pm

Did you see the throne room?
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum