Dwarven City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what did YOU do today?

+14
31trainman
Brendanan
Lorpius Prime
SDIAN(SD1AN)
jeffewing997
Mimodo
Splated
Dr. Steel
sret
requiemmc
Blackwind
Arrowave
3rdi
spectrumwars
18 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

So what did YOU do today? - Page 29 Empty Re: So what did YOU do today?

Post  Brendanan Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:59 am

Ok, internet decided to cooperate again, so the entire day's achievements...

I put about maybe another 5-10 stacks of sand into the desert fixing up all those holes... It's looking a little better now, but could still do with some work.

Some tweaks to the unwelcome mat. The safety button doesn't seem to work too well as of right now, but I can't be bothered breaking through all the walls to figure it all out as of now. Once 1.3 is released we'll change it to a tripwire, and remove those ugly pressure plates from outside...

I dug a ton more out of our farm cave quarry... Since the beginning of that pit, I've dug out 100 stacks worth of stone (about 6500, in stone alone)

I did a couple of additions to the stronghold... Cleaned up a bit, and added a couple of prison cells, whilst also removing some of those dodgy dead ends... Unfortunately our white guy warden seems to have disappeared D:

I didn't get a chance to harvest the reed farms unfortunately Sad

As a side note, try and breed up as many cows as we can, so we can get a good supply of leather in. This will be a good buffer in case we want even more books (unfortunately there won't be bookcases for written books Sad )
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:09 pm

So yesterday I finally got on for the first time since the dragon fight. In that time I finally spent the sixty levels from the dragon on a diamond pick (got silk touch) and I dug a little bit of the Farm Cave quarry. Not really a super productive session, but I'm slowly getting back into things.

In the future I was going to do some work in the End and hopefully get us a decent supplies of enderpearls, which will be useful and fun to have around, as long as your careful. I would avoid using them in places like the Atrium, especially if your prone to lava accidents.

I was also thinking that in the near future with 1.3, getting high level enchantments will become something much easier to do. Because of this, we could start using our stores of iron and possibly diamonds to quicken our digging and possibly protect ourselves better. Enchanted iron picks could save loads of digging time. Also, since I have been carrying around a fire aspect and sharpness iron sword I have been able to avoid death much easier.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:06 am

Well we have diamond picks for the mines (when was the last time we used them!?). I'm still refusing to allow diamond armour. If yo want to enchant iron armour, that's cool though.

I'm pretty sure stone picks enchanted are still pretty damn awesome for quarry digging aren't they? Because we won't need iron for much really

You know what I'm like... must. Hoarde. Everything!!!!!
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:50 am

Thing is, it would be a waste of time to get high enchantments on a stone pick for how fast they run out. Iron is really kind of a sweet spot for that stuff.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:19 am

Why use high level? Low level, get unbreaking I and efficiency I and you essentially have an iron pick for the price of a stone one... By the time that pick runs out, you got enough levels for another
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:50 am

Low level iron would work better. Lasts longer than stone, almost as fast as diamond when cutting through plain stone. Costs less levels, too, since iron gets a bigger boost than stone does.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

http://capiteterram.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:57 am

True enough, but levels are going to be very easy to come by in 1.3 so I figured some highish level enchants could come about without much work.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:14 am

Well, it's now the 2nd, but 1.3 is out :p

First things first, I'm making a tripwire for the unwelcome mat, and removing the ugly pressure plates Very Happy
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:25 am

The server updated?
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:35 am

Not sure honestly... I haven't had a chance to be on, and personally I haven't updated the sever before, so it's up to sret
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:58 am

Ok, so I showed a new player around the city, Supacreator. He's posted on the forums before, and hopefully he'll turn out to be a bit different from 90% of the new players, and actually stick around :p

After I gave him a quick tour and explanation, we did a little digging in the farm cave quarry, before I had to leave for 10 mins.

Whilst supacreator did soem exploring around the city, I upgraded the unwelcome mat to include tripwires instead of the ugly pressure plates. It's easier to avoid, but hopefully it's still enough to stay safe from mobs.

We then decided to finish off the tunnel to the atrium together, completing the pattern on the roof. All looking good so far Smile
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Supacreator Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:36 pm

Brendanan wrote:Ok, so I showed a new player around the city, Supacreator. He's posted on the forums before, and hopefully he'll turn out to be a bit different from 90% of the new players, and actually stick around :p

After I gave him a quick tour and explanation, we did a little digging in the farm cave quarry, before I had to leave for 10 mins.

Whilst supacreator did soem exploring around the city, I upgraded the unwelcome mat to include tripwires instead of the ugly pressure plates. It's easier to avoid, but hopefully it's still enough to stay safe from mobs.

We then decided to finish off the tunnel to the atrium together, completing the pattern on the roof. All looking good so far Smile

well that is the idea Smile Staying on is going to be a sure thing Cool I haven't even manage to fully decorate my appartment yet Wink
Supacreator
Supacreator

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:40 am

I think Arrowave is the only one who's managed to complete an apartment :p
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Supacreator Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:27 am

Brendanan wrote:I think Arrowave is the only one who's managed to complete an apartment :p

I'm almost done with mine Smile
Supacreator
Supacreator

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:43 am

Good. Very Happy For some reason I really want to see what each person does with their houses when they are designing it alone. When you work together on something like this, you don't really get to see peoples building styles.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:56 am

Yeah... Working together we've kinda developed our own building style Very Happy
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Supacreator Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:04 am

I just finished my apartment and it is awesome. Also I restocked the pickaxes in storage and harvested the farms, including breeding the animals. It was a fairly productive day for me! Laughing
Supacreator
Supacreator

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:27 am

Nice work Smile Better check out this apartment Wink
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:02 am

I wanted to check out the apartments too. This is what I ended up doing Sad :

*Jumped into a dodgy portal in the nether which teleported me into a wall where I suffocated to death
*Ran all the way to the storage just to starve to death right after sleeping in the bed (well hey, it's not like I have any items anyway!)
*Ran over to the atrium just to die in lava because the whole place was swallowed by nothingness so I had no idea where I was walking
*Watched the game crash in front of my eyes before I had the chance to respawn

...I'll have a look at the apartments some other time. That was some great 10 minutes though.

sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:37 am

Sounds like an enjoyable time :p

My day:
Sort stuff into chests
Fill up a couple of lava buckets
Go to put the last little bit of lava in the unwelcome mat
Internet dies
Re-log to find that sret has left (presumably rage-quit at his day), and the "you have died" message
Find out from arrow that I drowned, so my internet must have cut out during the swim up through the shortcut
Finally get the lava in place after ages of shitty internet connection
Lunch, so I log off
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Supacreator Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:59 am

My day was sketchy too! I had finished putting leftover supplies into the storage room and then went to go back to my new apartment through the hub when the button to change locations wasn't working. I knew it was lag and disconnected then reconnected and... was INSIDE of a piston that worked the storage door. I had to dig my way out and then fix damage to the door and nearby rooms and overall It was a big mess. Razz It's all fixed now but it was crazy annoying.
Supacreator
Supacreator

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:04 am

Supacreator wrote:My day was sketchy too! I had finished putting leftover supplies into the storage room and then went to go back to my new apartment through the hub when the button to change locations wasn't working. I knew it was lag and disconnected then reconnected and... was INSIDE of a piston that worked the storage door. I had to dig my way out and then fix damage to the door and nearby rooms and overall It was a big mess. Razz It's all fixed now but it was crazy annoying.

Oh how I love having to fix mistakes like that... I know both the welcome mat and the redstone to the store door inside out and back to front the number of times I've fixed them
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Supacreator Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:10 am

Lag is kinda sucky is it not?
Supacreator
Supacreator

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:01 am

Not as bad as an Internet connection that drops out without warning
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:36 am

Another day about to start... let's see what I get done Wink
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum