Dwarven City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what did YOU do today?

+14
31trainman
Brendanan
Lorpius Prime
SDIAN(SD1AN)
jeffewing997
Mimodo
Splated
Dr. Steel
sret
requiemmc
Blackwind
Arrowave
3rdi
spectrumwars
18 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

So what did YOU do today? - Page 11 Empty Re: So what did YOU do today?

Post  Brendanan Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:13 pm

Well, my laptop charger fried, and the new one is either tomorrow, or Monday... And I've got 7% battery to last me that time. So no mc for a while. I'm not sure what happens with server updates
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:00 am

I finally got on for about an hour after a couple days of inactivity. Most of the time was spent helping with the new features of the portal room tunnel.

Around that area I noticed a significant amount of skeletons. Hopefully whatever is spawning them can be shut down.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:57 am

That was y next goal :p can you get pics of that plz? Also need to fix that lava river :p
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  jeffewing997 Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:12 am

Brendanan wrote:That was y next goal :p can you get pics of that plz? Also need to fix that lava river :p
hehe about that... I was exploring a cave system that led into that part and I saw the lake so I kind of poured water on it... I'll fix it. The server is down I think though

jeffewing997

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:59 am

Just noticed the server... And Did you seriously just do the exact same thing to that river sret did!?
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  jeffewing997 Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:00 am

Brendanan wrote:Just noticed the server... And Did you seriously just do the exact same thing to that river sret did!?
I did it to the lake, about 20 blocks. Not the whole river

jeffewing997

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:55 am

I dug a couple layers of the Atrium today. Afterwards I went to see what was going on in the village.
When I arrived, I was greeted by an entire army of villagers.
So what did YOU do today? - Page 11 XGLlH
Villager rave party.
So what did YOU do today? - Page 11 8Wlwh
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:09 am

Holy shit! How many houses are there!?!?!? That is ridiculous! They need to be culled (by zombies)
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:36 am

I couldn't play much the last couple of days. Spent all day yesterday out of town for a relative's funeral. Woke up this morning to find that the power was going on and off frequently due to a storm. Played MC on single-player and laptop battery power a lot.

Finally got back online and finished the XP grinding session I had begun two days ago. Success! We finally have another Silk Touch I pick! Well, that's the ONLY enchantment on it, so it won't last forever, but we've got one!

DO.

NOT.

LOSE.

THIS.

ONE.

EDIT:

I've also done some more work on the Atrium. Had to remove the temporary entrance to the ravine and abandoned mineshaft, the walkway just got too much deeper. Ah well, we'll rediscover it when we start digging out the apartments. Anyways, I've dug a sample slice 4 blocks wide of what the wall profile will look like from this point down. If you can look at the setbacks above to see the pattern of how to go one block in or out, and how to place the torches, you should be able to follow this pattern and dig out the rest. Problem: the work area at the end of the tunnel in from the dome is in a section slated to be dug out. Ooops, it wasn't put far enough back inside the walls. Ah well. Perhaps we can move it back closer to the tree farm?

spectrumwars
spectrumwars

http://capiteterram.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:08 pm

Brendanan wrote:Holy shit! How many houses are there!?!?!? That is ridiculous! They need to be culled (by zombies)
The village seems reasonably sized. The house they are crowding around has six doors, but I'm not sure if that affects spawns. I don't know enough about village mechanics.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:42 pm

I've got a thread on the minecraft forums for the village mechanics right now Smile just trying to one up with the conditions upon which they will occupy a house
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:57 am

I did some more work on the bay-filling project. It felt like a lot at the time, doesn't look like much afterwards though. I wanted to start digging the dark room, but the easiest direction to dig it should be south towards the mines...but A) the ladder is in the way, and B) so is a large cave system. I guess it's back to the original plan of building it east towards the farms and the entrance. I also did a session of level-grinding, but when I was done, I forgot what I had been planning to enchant with these particular 50 levels. I decided on the spur of the moment to make myself a new diamond sword and enchant it. Got Sharpness IV, actually a fairly useful enchant. Would have liked to get fire aspect, but oh well. Only afterwards did I remember that there's a failed enchanted pick that I had been originally meaning to enchant. Ah well, next time. Finally, I went to dig the atrium setbacks a bit lower once more.

spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Steel Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:01 pm

Made a shitload of stone picks :Y

Dr. Steel

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:53 pm

Lol ^ did we use em all up?? :p how's the stone supply I smelted going?
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:49 am

Brendanan wrote:Lol ^ did we use em all up?? :p how's the stone supply I smelted going?

Excellent, since the only place we're using smoothstone at the moment is in the Atrium...where we've been smelting our own local supply from the cobble and coal mined out there, rather than carrying more stuff in from the warehouse. I don't think the stuff you smelted in the warehouse has been touched.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:42 am

Today I started to experiment with the floor of the dome so we can check that off the list. I'm not entirely satisfied with my first attempt, but it gets the point across. The actual level of the floor is what I'm concerned about, the pattern and the banister could be much better.
So what did YOU do today? - Page 11 7mFND
So what did YOU do today? - Page 11 FNljX
I tried to keep the test area as small as possible in case we want to change/destroy it later. I guess the first thing to decide would be half floors or full floors. What do you guys think?

Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:15 am

I don't think we should use tiles... That is in the throne room, and we don't want too much repetitiveness. I like the banister Idea
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:39 am

Brendanan wrote:I don't think we should use tiles... That is in the throne room, and we don't want too much repetitiveness. I like the banister Idea
Good point. What do you think about the level of the floor? (Half Slabs or Full)
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:08 am

Full gives us much more choice in patterns and materials. If it wasn't for the lava fountains, I'd suggest it might be a good place to do a wool carpet.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:58 am

I actually think making everything past the gold blocks as a half slab lower...
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  requiemmc Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:37 am

Brendanan wrote:I actually think making everything past the gold blocks as a half slab lower...

it looks good that little half block step down then the tiled area.

I don't see why we cannot use tiles for the entrance hall as well as the throne room.

But maybe use stone brick half slabs instead of the Smooth stone slabs if you want a look different to the throne room.

did we want to replace the torches with the new lantern blocks

So what did YOU do today? - Page 11 2012-012

I know the above is glow stone but i cannot be bothered changing my mock up dome to replace the lanterns.

we could even wire up a light switch to turn them on and off which would be kinda neat.

requiemmc

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:31 am

Light switch would be awesome Smile maybe make it so they come on in rows, like a second apart... Like turning on the lights in a warehouse on the movies...
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:29 pm

Today I finished the Set-BACKS of the Atrium, and got started on the Set-FORWARDS at the bottom. I also finished moving the crafting/smelting/storage area for the Atrium Project down to the south side of the atrium pit, at the same level as the pit bottom. Even moved over the contents of all the chests.

I also did a little work on the bay-filling project for the item grinder, but not a whole lot. Harvested the wheat farms, fed the cows and chickens, and chopped a stack of pine logs in the tree farm. I even did some shaft-stripping in the abandoned mineshaft off the Atrium dig. Got killed once in a particularly stupid way. I heard a zombie growling, looked around, couldn't find him. Assumed he was on a different level. Spotted some iron ore in the tunnel floor. Dug down, had to jump into the hole to pick it up and dig out some more down there. Zombie dropped INTO the hole with me. I swung my sword...and it broke at once. I had replaced my nice spiffy Sharpness IV diamond sword (which would have killed the zombie in two strokes) in my hotbar with a stone sword, so as to not waste the enchanted sword's durability while chopping through a bunch of cobwebs around a lit-up cave-spider spawner. I hadn't switched it back, and now the stone sword ran out of durabilty at the worst possible time. I whacked the zombie a couple of times with my fists in a blind panic, and while I was trying to switch back to my enchanted bow for a desperation point-blank arrow to his face, he killed me. Luckily the hole I was in kept all my dropped stuff nice and neat for me to come back and pick up a few minutes later with my next incarnation. Still lost 14 XP levels.

And that's one reason I prefer to light first, mine second.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:43 pm

Lol... Cause you die easy? :p it sucks when even that one zombie kills you
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:47 pm

Brendanan wrote:Lol... Cause you die easy? :p it sucks when even that one zombie kills you

One zombie is deadly when you are not wearing armor (due to the iron shortage), are trapped in a 3-deep hole and can't run or dodge or anything, and stupidly don't have your best melee weapon in your hotbar. The zombie is doing 6 times as much damage to me with each shot than I'm doing to him with my empty hand, and has two points more armor than I do. Kinda hard to NOT die in those specific circumstances.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum