Dwarven City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what did YOU do today?

+14
31trainman
Brendanan
Lorpius Prime
SDIAN(SD1AN)
jeffewing997
Mimodo
Splated
Dr. Steel
sret
requiemmc
Blackwind
Arrowave
3rdi
spectrumwars
18 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

So what did YOU do today? - Page 7 Empty Re: So what did YOU do today?

Post  Arrowave Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:49 am

Oh, so you mean to follow that general theme?
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimodo Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:58 am

Yeah... Not the ones in the rest of the tunnel. Just the single pillar built at the entrance to the dome

Mimodo
Admin

https://mcdwarves.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:19 pm

Bren and I installed a new tile pattern in the throne room, then worked a bit on the lower half of the entrance tunnel. We came up with a very simple pillar pattern that will do well enough for now. Bren went back for supplies and got gacked three times by Endermen. I slaughtered four of them, one right after another, to avenge him.

We later showed a new guy around the city. A lone Enderman showed up, and I engaged him....and was slaughtered right in front of the new guy. How embarrassing.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

http://capiteterram.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimodo Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:47 pm

helped new guy round the city.

Designed a new floor with SW.

Designed pillars for lower entrance tunnel.

Removed huge shroom room

Removed chicken egg farm

created a good place for the minecart station... Sorry splated, it means more moving of tracks...

designed pillars for the throne room back wall, showcasing rare stuff (currently we have the corners with sandstone and bricks) sohuld add at least a diamond and gold one... not sure what else

Mimodo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:32 pm

I finished out the pillars up until the lava fountain in the entrance tunnel. After I finished, I added a little something to about half of the pillars.
So what did YOU do today? - Page 7 HVySZ
What do you think?
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:00 pm

I like it! Now we need to figure out something cool to stick in a "secret" room accessed via hidden piston door opened by pushing one of those buttons!
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:50 pm

Maybe the entire hallway could be part of a massive combination lock that opens a door to a vault. The vault could have tons of valuables inside. That could end up being very interesting.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimodo Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:36 pm

Interesting concept certainly. The buttons look cool tho

Mimodo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:54 am

Harvested the farms, did a little branch mining (not particularly productive session, sadly), sheared some sheep. Took the less-cool fortune pick outside to gather some coal I'd seen earlier, found Bren had apparently beaten me to it. Went searching for surface caves to cave-crawl, found a nice potential backup site for the Great Atrium. Came back, settled in for a XP grinding session and saw that new guy Trainman was on. Took him to the Abandoned Mineshaft under the dome, explored and mined that for a while. We got separated, I ended up in the caves around the Nether Portal Room, found they connect to the surface. Made it back inside via the main entrance, linked back up with Trainman. Took him to the skeleton XP grinder, lit it up and showed him how it works from the inside. Installed a maintenance hatch to the main spawner chamber to make it easier to do that in the future. Sent Trainman to shear more sheep, settled back into the skeleton grinder, got booted by a server reset and haven't been able to get back in since.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:34 pm

Perhaps it's time to add that a couple of days ago me and Bren worked on the entrance and made a guard room. Feel free to check it out if you haven't already.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:10 am

Finally finished the level-grinding session which had been interrupted by the server outage. Got up to level 51, headed to storage. Made a diamond pick, went into the enchanting library room. Went through the ritual of putting the pick down on the table, looking at the offered enchantments, picking it back up again. I was looking for 48 or above. FINALLY, finally got a level 50 enchantment offered...and absent-mindedly skipped right past it. Aaargh. A few tries later, got a level 49 enchantment, chose that one. Efficiency IV and nothing else. Double Aaaargh. Waste of time. Next try, I am going to take the Efficiency III pick that is a result of a previous failed enchanting attempt, put it in a storage minecart, break the cart to delete the enchantment, and have a go at re-enchanting that one rather than make a new pick. We don't need half a dozen mid-level Efficiency-boosted diamond picks. We do, on the other hand, desperately need whoever borrowed the Silk Touch pick to put it back! When I'm the only one on the server, I don't want our one and only silk touch pick to be languishing in the personal inventory of whoever borrowed it last! Put it back with the other enchanted diamond picks in the top chest of the "picks" column in the Hall of Crafts in the central storage room.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimodo Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:12 am

I hope I'm not responsible for that... I don't think I am... But yeah, put it back!

Mimodo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:58 am

Brendanan wrote:I hope I'm not responsible for that... I don't think I am... But yeah, put it back!

You were. Twisted Evil

I went bedrock mining. Good news: Found three separate veins of diamond. Bad news: All of them were partially generated inside other rock formations, whether bedrock or gravel, so they didn't get many ore blocks formed. Two veins had 4 blocks each, one had only 3. Good news: I was able to fortune-pick a total of 27 diamonds from those 11 ore blocks. I also found a couple dozen iron, two stacks of coal, and some redstone. After that, I did a quick shearing of some sheep.

Currently, I'm down in the abandoned mineshaft under the dome, monkeying around trying to turn a giant spider spawner into an XP Grinder and spider-eye/string factory. Not easy, since it's at level 6, only two above bedrock, so I don't have room for my usual trench-canal design. Plus making allowances for spiders' ability to climb walls is tough.

EDIT: I've given up on that particular spawner. Too inconveniently located, and upon further reflection, not certain I can solve the other difficulties inherent in involving spiders in the design, either.

Instead, I joined Brendanan in trying to redecorate the throne room a bit. Played around with various alternatives to the precious-blocks pillars behind the throne. Never came up with anything we both liked.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:06 pm

Sorry for the double post, but it's been a while, and I didn't want these pics to go un-noticed.

Other than some routine harvesting work in the farms, I've been alternatively sitting in the grinder for two nights and a day at a stretch, and spending every other daylight cycle up on top of the mountain, outlining the top aperture for the Great Atrium. I've got the circle marked off, as you can see here.

So what did YOU do today? - Page 7 20120221061333
So what did YOU do today? - Page 7 20120221061344

Since taking those screenshots, I've lowered the floor a bit, and dug a tunnel from the top of the anti-glitch ladder coming up from the grinder far below. I'll be offline for several hours due to an errand and the need for sleep, but hopefully we can start digging the floor even lower and maybe sealing off the top with a permanent glass skylight or a temporary dirt roof to keep the rain and mobs out.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimodo Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:08 pm

My day... Hope I don't forget anything...

I got on after spending a lot of time with the forums, and, over the period of the day, eventually got an outline for people to dig in. Under the dome is now a cobble ring, which is to be the edge (at this current time, it will most likely be extended). Dig up as far as you can. That'll give those digging addicted something to do for a bit. 

I briefly explored a small cave, gathering 51 iron, one gold, and 28 diamonds, along with 3 stacks of coal. 

I also had a mishap that I thought would almost be on the scale of sret... Lava fell onto the minecart tracks below the dome... Downhill!!! Fortunately there wasn't actually too much lost... I haven't managed to replace the tracks yet, but the lava has been stopped. 

I also spent time afk in the skeleton grinder, to give dwarf fortress a shot... 0-26 from about 250 skeletons. 

Made half of the throne room floor the furnace/iron design, with a slight modification. I threw a gold block in the centre of each square. I like the look, but I need others to say what they think... Either way, we are halfway though Wink

Just before I left I removed a large quantity of unneeded scaffolding in the throne room, from the lowest layer. 

Mimodo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimodo Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:10 pm

Ugh... Too tired... I'll comment on your thing later...

Mimodo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  3rdi Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:01 am

I've nearly finished the tunnel to the mine! Yay! All I need now is a lot of coal ore, so if you guys could leave some coal veins untapped until I can get around with a silk touch pick that would be brilliant, it's going to take several stacks, so it will probably be something to be done in bits, but still. Also, I mined away most of the eating hall, but there's now a very deep hole in it, I just left that alone, I also got blown up by a creeper underneath the new diamond arch, is there somewhere new that isn't lit up??

3rdi

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimodo Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:19 am

There shouldn't be...

Oh shit, it might be that ravine across from the zombie grinder! But SW threw a ton of torches in there

Mimodo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Splated Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:33 am

I moved the dome station to its new spot.

Wile moving the track I bumped into a 2 dungeons
They are right next to each other and will make a perfect exp grinder. I started building a mob drop but the top of it breaks into the dining room.

If no one objects we can watch mobs die as we dine.
Splated
Splated

Back to top Go down

Post  3rdi Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:38 am

I like the sound of that, but might be tricky to implement aesthetically

3rdi

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimodo Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:14 am

Yeah, it might... Splayed can build his design )without screwing with the eating area) then I can move it to make it look better Smile

Mimodo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Splated Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:59 am

I'll try to find a deeper spot to make the drop and shorten the climb
Splated
Splated

Back to top Go down

Post  requiemmc Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:09 am

after a brief stint mining I went back to the blaze farm to make a few improvements.

The levers have been replaced by buttons as per the ethos blaze farm (the whole think is a copy from the tute)

The final automation step is the adding lava to turn off the spawner I will probably add that tonight.)

requiemmc

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:32 am

I did a little more stripping of resources from the abandoned mineshaft, but mostly I worked on the atrium build site. I ringed the top of the crater with fences to keep mobs from falling in as a temporary stopgap while the excavation is still shallow enough they don't all die on impact. I replaced the steps down from the crafting area with a ladder, as the site was getting too deep for stairs. More ladders are in the working chest in the crafting area, along with food and other supplies. The dig is getting rather close to the top of the water ladder for the skeleton grinder, so I lit up the spawning room and deactivated the grinder for the time being. It remains to be seen just how far it extends into the dig site.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimodo Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:09 am

Splated, you can Lower the roof of the spawning room for the spiders can't you???

Mimodo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum