Dwarven City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what did YOU do today?

+8
KaTiON
Supacreator
spectrumwars
Arrowave
sret
Brendanan
donnyh13
31trainman
12 posters

Page 33 of 42 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 37 ... 42  Next

Go down

So what did YOU do today? - Page 33 Empty Re: So what did YOU do today?

Post  spectrumwars Fri May 17, 2013 6:43 am

I got a start on outlining the next layer of stone to be dug in the farm caves.

EDIT TO ADD:

Check that. Done outlining the next layer, thanks to Supa apparently taking care of one whole side of the left half of the cube. Thanks, man, that really helped. I also took another big load of cobble back to worksite storage.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

http://capiteterram.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Fri May 17, 2013 9:27 am

Brendanan wrote:

I'm pulling my weight elsewhere :p

I know, I was just stating a fact =)

Brendanan wrote:

Righto, well, we'll see how he goes... He did say the word hipster, so I thin we ditch him :p

Oh, that's never a good thing Smile

spectrumwars wrote:I got a start on outlining the next layer of stone to be dug in the farm caves.

EDIT TO ADD:

Check that. Done outlining the next layer, thanks to Supa apparently taking care of one whole side of the left half of the cube. Thanks, man, that really helped. I also took another big load of cobble back to worksite storage.

What's the status on the cobble storage? Is an extension of the cobble hall in the main storage in our imminent future?
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Fri May 17, 2013 11:30 am

sret wrote:
spectrumwars wrote:I got a start on outlining the next layer of stone to be dug in the farm caves.

EDIT TO ADD:

What's the status on the cobble storage? Is an extension of the cobble hall in the main storage in our imminent future?

Nope Very Happy We shall soon have another billion chests in the forge to place cobble, as well as a billion furnaces to smelt the cobble. We're actually running low on stone, and stone bricks, and can probably fill up another couple of chests of each by now.
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Fri May 17, 2013 2:19 pm

Ok, so we can fit another chest of each stone and stone brick

I'll be online shortly, just gotta feed the dog, and then get optifine to make the game playable
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Fri May 17, 2013 2:35 pm

who loves doubling their FPS? That's right, ME!!! Very Happy it's now almost playable
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Fri May 17, 2013 3:32 pm

Alright, I'm out for the night. Decent quantity done on the storage, I'd appreciate feedback before I do any more on it though
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Fri May 17, 2013 10:32 pm

Forge looks awesome.

After checking out the forge I decided to make up for lack of productivity on my behalf lately by going to the right side of the farm caves and digging out a modest 100 columns from the very top down to the floor Very Happy I then finished up by taking all the freshly dug cobble back to the on-site storage. I didn't count it but it was at least 4/5 of a doublechest. Also mined about 5+ stacks of coal.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bran2939 Fri May 17, 2013 10:32 pm

No, he is just a random guy who was messaging me and sret :l IF anything you should ban and block him, he is a major troll

Just joking, he is a trusty guy, I don't really know his minecraftyness much but he is still a nice character and if anything he offered to help. Smile

Bran2939

Back to top Go down

Post  Supacreator Sat May 18, 2013 3:17 am

Today I created what i would call a "Legendary Dwarven Item" it is in honor of spectrumwars and his insane amount of work he has recently done in the Farm caves. I left it in the bottom of the big chamber in it's own chest.
Supacreator
Supacreator

Back to top Go down

Post  Bran2939 Sat May 18, 2013 2:38 pm

Legendary Dwarven Item eh...? I MUST INVESTIGATE.

Bran2939

Back to top Go down

Post  Bran2939 Sat May 18, 2013 2:46 pm

Ooooh..
Speaking of legendary items, how about a hall of legends XD We could make it grand, a scale alike to the throne room, hell we could even impliment it into the throne room, and it would be a set of armour/weapons/items in item frames and there would be a chest with "tomes" on the legend.

Bran2939

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Sat May 18, 2013 3:41 pm

I did some more digging in the farm caves, some of it even with the "Spectrum Pick", thanks again, Supa! That reminded me that it's been ages since I used the XP grinder. So I returned again to the city, withdrew a dozen diamonds from the warehouse, and headed for the grinder. I made a crapload of potions and four diamond picks, and got to grinding while I derped around on the internet for a bit. A couple of hours later, and I had made the following picks:

Unbreaking III/Efficiency IV
Efficiency IV
Unbreaking III/Fortune II/Efficiency IV
Silk Touch I

I'd also obtained a bunch of armor from dead skeletons, including a complete set of leather armor that in turn included a Projectile Protection IV/Aqua Affinity I cap and a pair of Projectile Protection III/Feather Falling III boots. There was also some gold and chain gear, including a pair of gold Protection II boots. Having a mostly-new set of iron armor on already, I stuck all the armor in the main warehouse (Bran took some of it, I think) as well as a couple of nice Power III/Punch II bows. The two picks with Unbreaking on them also went into the main warehouse chests for use in the mines, while the others came to the farm caves. I intend to wear down the Spectrum Pick and the Eff4 pick down to about halfway and then combine them with the anvil, to produce a new and improved Eff5/Unbr3 Spectrum Pick. Before retuning to the farm caves, I made 36 power rails at the main warehouse and brought them back with me.

I also dug a test bore for a slight change to the routing of the rail line from the city to the farm caves. Where the line splits to send city-bound trains down to fall onto pre-existing tracks headed for the hub, there is at present a rather unneccesarily complex intersection. By moving the farm-cave-bound track ramp over a few blocks, we can make it a far simpler intersection. I would have completed the change but I had no iron rails or redstone torches on me, nor a fortune pick to deal with the coal vein that turned out to be in the way of the new ramp path. After dropping off the goodies in the worksite storage or cave-floor crafting/storage area, I logged off to try and get some sleep.

spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Bran2939 Sat May 18, 2013 6:16 pm

Suspicious tnt-looking chunks missing from the chunk in farm caves. Doesn't look messy though.

Bran2939

Back to top Go down

Post  Supacreator Sat May 18, 2013 7:34 pm

Glad you liked it spectrumwars, I could have improved the item before putting it out for use but i didn't want to use all of our enchanted books. besides that would increase the cost to repair it and really hurt its lifespan so this way it is much more long lasting and upgrade-able Smile
Supacreator
Supacreator

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Sat May 18, 2013 8:25 pm

I returned to the farm caves to add to the 100 columns I removed yesterday, only for my computer to start getting terrible freezes. Before I got to work I decided to remove some coal from the ceiling and while doing so I suddenly got knocked down all the way into a deep pit. I was shortly followed by a skeleton in full gold armor and with one heart and freezes I quickly found myself back at the nearest bed. Upon returning I had a look around and couldn't find anywhere he could've appeared from, but once again I was knocked down into the same pit by a another skeleton. It really beats me how they found their way in there, there's torches everywhere.

The freezes eventually stopped and I ended up removing another 70 columns. There was also this lowered chunk on the right side with some peculiar formations and flying blocks that somebody left (not to mention insufficient lighting) so I finished up by eliminating the rest of the entire chunk (it had also been dug out from below). I dug 2446 stone in the entire session. I'm burning through so many stone picks Smile

You can kind of start to see the right side slowly diminish and I hope to keep it up. I'm at 82k stone dug at the moment and I want to reach 100k Very Happy
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bran2939 Sat May 18, 2013 11:39 pm

Oh shit, I may have used tnt and not lit up the bits I did. I clean them up now

Bran2939

Back to top Go down

Post  Supacreator Sun May 19, 2013 1:25 am

Bran and I destroyed almost an entire layer of the farm caves. The diamond picks took quite a beating though. However i am currently exp grinding to get them combined and repaired so fear not!

Edit: Picks have been combine. the Spectrum Pick is now at full durability and Efficiency V. Happy digging
Supacreator
Supacreator

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Sun May 19, 2013 9:06 am

Did a few more digging trips on top of the farm caves, still experimenting with using iron picks rather than stone or diamond for the most part. I also took another load of cobble to the worksite storage, the right half of the cobble storage annex there is approaching half full already. The height difference between the left and right side of the cube is getting to be somewhat problematic, we may want to start shaving the top off that side as well.

EDIT TO ADD: Nearly done with that layer now. Just a handful left of those curious 1-wide east-west ridges left by someone else's idiosyncratic digging pattern.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Bran2939 Sun May 19, 2013 1:21 pm

Just gonna afk at the grinder. Just wondering, if we get a bunch of stone pics with good enchantments, can they possibly rival iron pics? If so I think it's something worth investing in, maybe if people have been doing something for ages they can afk and get a bunch of awesome pics, or go out hunting and stuff. I used to love hunting mobs pirat But then I took an arrow to the knee

Bran2939

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Sun May 19, 2013 3:26 pm

Interesting random fact, do you know what it means to "take an arrow to the knee"?

Anyway, I think it's probably best we leave TNT out of it for now, to prevent mishaps like what SW experienced.

Picks wise, I personally only ever use stone picks, unenchanted. Stone is completely renewable, and it allows us to save iron for more important things... Like jamming into blocks and decorating the city. Stone picks with low level enchantments (efficiency I, unbreaking I) are enough to rival iron picks, whilst also being extremely cheap, and you don't have to save up exp levels. You go through them pretty quick still, but you can make multiple at once.
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Bran2939 Sun May 19, 2013 3:32 pm

Brendanan wrote:Interesting random fact, do you know what it means to "take an arrow to the knee"?

Enlighten me.

Also, I agree.

Bran2939

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Sun May 19, 2013 3:34 pm

It refers to getting married. So, in Skyrim, the guard who took "an arrow to the knee", stopped adventuring because he found a wife and settled down, instead using his combat skills as city guard

On the topic of picks, I'm even too lazy to enchant them, so I just hack away with my stone pickaxes
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Bran2939 Sun May 19, 2013 3:45 pm

Brendanan wrote:It refers to getting married. So, in Skyrim, the guard who took "an arrow to the knee", stopped adventuring because he found a wife and settled down, instead using his combat skills as city guard
Ooooh, where did you find this?

Bran2939

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Sun May 19, 2013 3:48 pm

I can't even remember :p
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Bran2939 Sun May 19, 2013 3:51 pm

Brendanan wrote:I can't even remember :p
All those times I teased that guard..

Bran2939

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 42 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 37 ... 42  Next