Dwarven City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what did YOU do today?

+8
KaTiON
Supacreator
spectrumwars
Arrowave
sret
Brendanan
donnyh13
31trainman
12 posters

Page 32 of 42 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37 ... 42  Next

Go down

So what did YOU do today? - Page 32 Empty Re: So what did YOU do today?

Post  spectrumwars Mon May 13, 2013 12:10 pm

Came on for a bit more, saw Bren briefly but had to go help mom back into bed and he was gone when I got back. I finished up another digging run atop the farm cave cube and took a break from such digging to explore a bit of abandoned mineshaft extending off the floor level where I'd seen some slimes coming out of earlier. I ripped out a few more planks and fences, and found an unmined deposit of coal. But mostly I came across a spot where someone else had blocked off a hallway with a cave spider spawner but left the spawner, the cobwebs around it, and the nearby fenceposts intact and in the dark. I returned to the far edge of the farm cave to let the cave spiders in there despawn, then came back and lit the tunnel up well. I left as many cobwebs in place as I could, for later harvesting with a silk touch shears. The spawner is still in place but well enough lit to not spawn anything.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

http://capiteterram.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Mon May 13, 2013 4:57 pm

You can enchant shears now? Shocked
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Mon May 13, 2013 9:22 pm

sret wrote:You can enchant shears now? Shocked

Yes, you can combine them with some types of enchanted books using an anvil, but you can't put them directly on an enchanting table. Shears enchanted with Silk Touch can collect cobwebs as placeable cobwebs rather than as string. You can also use an anvil to combine enchanted books like Unbreaking III with swords and shears and armor, things that couldn't previously get the Unbreaking enchantment. It's almost enough to make diamond armor worth the investment, but not quite.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Tue May 14, 2013 1:19 am

I really should've read through the updates better. How do you get enchanted books? Do you just enchant a book instead of a tool etc and then use it on whatever you wish? I also recall you having to use even more levels when combining the books with items, tell me if I'm wrong.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Tue May 14, 2013 1:40 am

Brendanan wrote: snip

So if people could take a look and give me opinions that would be much appreciated Smile Thanks Very Happy

The forge looks awesome, for some reason it kind of feels like the most homey place in the city.

I think I prefer the stair without the lava, it looks a bit odd and the glass seems out of place. Still, something to make it less bland would indeed be nice.

As for the platforms I feel like I'm leaning towards only having them over the furnace sides. I feel like the side over the mine entrance could be used for ornaments and stuff. I'm undecided on the storage side. What part of the city is off in that direction? Perhaps there could be a path that leads somewhere in that direction. If not, I'm not sure I'd like a platform there, but it depends how the storage turns out.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Tue May 14, 2013 1:44 am

sret wrote:I really should've read through the updates better. How do you get enchanted books? Do you just enchant a book instead of a tool etc and then use it on whatever you wish? I also recall you having to use even more levels when combining the books with items, tell me if I'm wrong.

Yes, you just put a book on the enchanting table. You can put up to 30 levels into a book, but it only gets one power, a single random power from a random tool/weapon/armor of a random material. Books can be combined with each other to get higher levels of an enchantment, or applied to an already-enchanted item to enhance it further. You can't overwrite incompatible powers (so no changing smite swords to sharpness swords, or blast protection to fire protection armor, etc) this way, or boost an enchantment above the highest level enchantment available naturally (so no Fortune V). But you can apply some echantments to non-standard gear, including hoes and shears.

Adding a book to an item is, in my experience, generally cheaper in terms of XP than combining two enchanted items. Combining two books is generally far cheaper than combining two items.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Tue May 14, 2013 2:45 am

Diamond armour might almost be worth it if we didn't have so much bloody lava :p

In regards to the forge, perhaps the mine side could have an enlarged version of the city symbol (still need one in the forge)
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Bran2939 Tue May 14, 2013 6:39 pm

You can combine books? I haven't played mc for ages so I don't know. Minecraft has just gotten a bit boring recently as, I say with a mixture of guilt and honesty, I'm tempted to get feed the beast or something, then switch between the jars as I play on this server and others.
Then again I think this crazy talk is just coming from the fact I have been obsessed with another game recently. pale

Bran2939

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Tue May 14, 2013 7:00 pm

Bran2939 wrote:You can combine books? I haven't played mc for ages so I don't know. Minecraft has just gotten a bit boring recently as, I say with a mixture of guilt and honesty, I'm tempted to get feed the beast or something, then switch between the jars as I play on this server and others.
Then again I think this crazy talk is just coming from the fact I have been obsessed with another game recently. pale

Combining books is new, from the last update, so I'm not surprised you haven't done it yet.

Came on a bit this morning, did some more digging and brought a load of cobble to the farm cave worksite storage.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Wed May 15, 2013 8:13 am

Did enough more digging this evening to necessitate another trip carrying cobble to the worksite storage. Getting close to done with this layer. May have to make a trip back to the city to get a silk touch pick to reposition some glass blocks.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Bran2939 Wed May 15, 2013 6:43 pm

I saw some upcoming updates the other night. One thing in particular caught my eye... HORSES AND HORSE ARMOUR o.O

Bran2939

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Wed May 15, 2013 10:36 pm

Bran2939 wrote:I saw some upcoming updates the other night. One thing in particular caught my eye... HORSES AND HORSE ARMOUR o.O

Horse armor is apparently gonna be only found in dungeons and other chests in newly generated chunks, so will probably be very rare on our map. Horses themselves will be interesting and useful, and will likely necessitate a facility be built for them somewhere in the city. Perhaps we can repurpose some of the old farm-tunnel sheep pens as horse pens once that is converted into army barracks. Donkeys and mules will be able to carry chests and may be useful on mining/spelunking trips.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Supacreator Thu May 16, 2013 12:00 am

Both horses and especially donkeys are extremely excessively rare. it will take a while be for we can find any but we just need to get 2 home and we will be able to breed them from there.
Supacreator
Supacreator

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Thu May 16, 2013 4:01 am

I think they'd make a great addition to the military barracks! I can just picture mounted dwarves riding something three times the size of them from the depths of the earth, swinging huge battleaxes just so they can reach the ground
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Thu May 16, 2013 4:02 am

And since I can hardly play again due to fucking stupid internet and a slow laptop, hows things going server side?
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Thu May 16, 2013 9:31 am

Am I the only one to notice the huge swell of new members registered on the forum? Yet we never see any new people around o.o
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Thu May 16, 2013 9:39 am

Brendanan wrote:And since I can hardly play again due to fucking stupid internet and a slow laptop, hows things going server side?

I continue my work in excavating the left side of the main farm cave. The worksite storage room's cobble capacity is now over half filled. We need more power rails on the rail line out to the farm cave. Progress continues.

sret wrote:Am I the only one to notice the huge swell of new members registered on the forum? Yet we never see any new people around o.o

They're all spambots. Or at least mostly. At least they haven't started posting yet, I think.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Thu May 16, 2013 10:33 am

spectrumwars wrote:

They're all spambots. Or at least mostly. At least they haven't started posting yet, I think.

Maybe I'm a spambot Wink

Anyway, I did manage to play a little bit... smooth lighting off, tiny render distance, clouds off, particles minimal, graphics fast, performance max FPS (basically the lowest video settings possible), and I get 27FPS

Got a bit of the storage dug out, and it's getting a bit of the shape I pictured. These corner stairs are actually pretty cool Smile There's a tunnel dug off to the side (just one wide for now, will be 5 wide), which is for a whole shit load of chests. It doesn't have to be as long as I've dug it, that's just the maximum length that we can have it. There's still a lot more to be dug out though, so I'm taking all criticisms and better ideas, and help actually getting it done Wink
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Thu May 16, 2013 7:26 pm

Brendanan wrote:

Anyway, I did manage to play a little bit... smooth lighting off, tiny render distance, clouds off, particles minimal, graphics fast, performance max FPS (basically the lowest video settings possible), and I get 27FPS

That's still more than I get with normal settings Very Happy

Oh and I totally forgot there are corner stairs, I'm gonna have to check it out
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Thu May 16, 2013 10:12 pm

Finished another layer of the left half of the farm cave.

So what did YOU do today? - Page 32 20130516140836

When the next layer hits that glassed-over bottomless pit, gonna need a silk touch pick to remove the glass (and a few bits elsewhere).
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Bran2939 Thu May 16, 2013 10:24 pm

Nice, anyone got any estimates on how long it's gonna take to excavate the rest? Also, after that we still have to make it look like a real cave, flood it, and add the farms right? Can we has floating islands? Vis floating waterfalls? Maybe that's too far..

Anyway, Bren, have you spoken to Researcher_? (aka Dilophisaurus)

Bran2939

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Fri May 17, 2013 1:48 am

Estimated time: somewhere between now and eternity :p it's gonna take a while.

Floating islands, probably not... It's not THAT big of a cave :p it's currently only 2/3 of the original intended size too :p but I say we keep it as it is size wise

I have gotten a message from researcher, yes... Did you recommend him for the project?
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Fri May 17, 2013 2:19 am

Brendanan wrote:Estimated time: somewhere between now and eternity :p it's gonna take a while.

If we all pulled our weight we'd get through it way faster than you think.

Brendanan wrote:
I have gotten a message from researcher, yes... Did you recommend him for the project?

He sent him to me and I forwarded him to you.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Fri May 17, 2013 3:17 am

sret wrote:
Brendanan wrote:Estimated time: somewhere between now and eternity :p it's gonna take a while.

If we all pulled our weight we'd get through it way faster than you think.
I'm pulling my weight elsewhere :p
sret wrote:
Brendanan wrote:

He sent him to me and I forwarded him to you.

Righto, well, we'll see how he goes... He did say the word hipster, so I thin we ditch him :p
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Supacreator Fri May 17, 2013 3:53 am

cut through a few strips in the farm caves.
Supacreator
Supacreator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 42 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37 ... 42  Next