Dwarven City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what did YOU do today?

+8
KaTiON
Supacreator
spectrumwars
Arrowave
sret
Brendanan
donnyh13
31trainman
12 posters

Page 37 of 42 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 42  Next

Go down

So what did YOU do today? - Page 37 Empty Re: So what did YOU do today?

Post  Arrowave Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:11 am

Just got back from a week long vacation with my family. I forgot to mention that in the inactivity thread, but I haven't been very active lately anyways. Now that summer has arrived I will have much more free time to spend on the server than I have had this year. Also, it seems that things have really picked up here lately. Very Happy

On another unrelated note, I would have put the iron bars back in the forge storage but I used them all. I know, its kind of a late reply.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:19 pm

Came on and finished that layer (floor level 43) of the farm cube, then outlined the next layer down (floor level 41).  Snate came on for all of 30 seconds while I was finishing up, just poking his nose in long enough to fall and die somewhere in the farm cave.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

http://capiteterram.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:55 am

So, who feels like doing what the first half of the game's name tells us to do? I think it's about time that we started this dectorative mine we've planned to attach to the forge
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:13 am

Sounds good, what is the general layout?
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:17 am

Well, the initial idea was to use the same layout as the original design for the actual mines (which turned out to be horribly inefficient), as looked pretty cool. The idea of this mine is to make it look awesome, for which the traditional branch mine won't do the trick.

I'm going to use that, unless someone has a better looking mine, in which case I'll gladly do that instead Smile I've got the start there at the moment, on layer 9
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:46 am

As much as I like the original mine design (it is basically the same one I use in my own mines on my other server), Trainman actually has an even better-looking mine layout in his personal mines on our server.  I'll see what I can do about taking a visit there and getting some pics to post over in the pics forum some time tonight.  I'll also take some shots of the new mines I'm building in my new base on the other server, as that's a modified version of the same basic design we based the original dwarf mines on.

Oh, and I did another digging trip to the top of the farm cave cube tonight.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:30 am

Should be good to take a look Smile Remember, the idea of the mines is to make it look like a busy and epic mine dug out by the dwarves, it doesn't need to be in any way efficient
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:17 am

Pics posted in the pictures forum.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:42 pm

Today and yesterday I did some more digging in the farm caves.  I also did some work over on Golemland to try and make a mockup of a staggered version of that prototype mine, but A) the staggering didn't look all that good, and B) we had another hardware-related problem with the GL server and, well, the map got reverted to its state as of ten days ago.  I lost an entire underground tree farm and several trips to the Nether for Nether Quartz.  I also lost the work I'd done on the prototype mine test area.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:05 am

Well, since it didn't work very well, we don't really need to worry about it too much anyway... The server reset sucks though... Glad we haven't had any of that on our server yet Smile

Now, as an addition to this design of trainman's, did we want to add to it a more crossing over style of thing with it? Kinda like how your version worked, where you'd have a very large main trunk, then large tunnels perpendicular to that, then small tunnels running parallel to the main trunk? So the pictures you posted would be the mid sized tunnel, and that would cut through an even bigger main tunnel, at spaced out intervals (more spaced out than what you had in the original mine)

Just an idea, not sure if it'd work very well, the only problem with this mine is that it is very long and thin the way it is, with only the one small tunnel heading out from the forge, branching either side
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:47 am

Hmmm...that's an interesting idea.  I'd planned to maybe have one central tunnel, the five-wide central tunnel with the big high ceiling, then the 3-wide tunnels in pairs branching off that with 3-wide walls between them, each wall having either a ladder up or a arch between two-tunnel units.  Then, after 50 or 100 or 64 or whatever blocks of the 3-wide tunnels, have either a matching 5-wide tunnel or a simple 3-wide time-to-turn-around-and-mine-the-other-way tunnel.  If we go with the matching 5-wide tunnel, we could have them in turn connected by a central perpendicular 9-wide tunnel with a pair of train tracks in the floor or something.  

And now the bad news:  My adventures with accidentally destroying my own computer equipment continue.  I was using my laptop in the kitchen and all was fine.  I shut it down and closed the lid and left it on the kitchen counter while I went grocery shopping and then out to eat with my family.  When I returned, I turned the laptop back on to show my sister an online video I'd mentioned to her over dinner, and this is what my screen suddenly looked like:'
So what did YOU do today? - Page 37 330z

I have no idea what happened to it.  Ironically, minecraft is one of the few things I can do almost normally on it, since I play in a fairly small window, which I can easily stick in the upper left corner, where the screen works almost as usual (albeit with a few one-pixel-wide vertical stripes of various colors).  But I'm probably gonna have to send it in for repairs again, meaning just as 1.6 horse update hits, I'll be off minecraft again for a week or two.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:32 pm

In preparation for the next update I have started to collect clay blocks from the rivers, ponds, and oceans that surround our mountain. As most of you probably know, the hardened clay blocks that are being added can be dyed just like wool. This will be extremely useful for us because we will have more shades of stone-like materials to work with.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:54 am

That explains it... My last pos didn't actually post -_- anyway, long story short, SW, you should not be allowed near technology!!! 

And believe it or not, I actually have no clue about the recent updates... Too much new shit, I'd be happy playing alpha still :p good thinking collecting it though, should be helpful
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:15 pm

The main additions are horses and hardened clay, but there are other small features that we may find useful. Here is a short list from the Mojang blog:

Added Horses
Added Donkeys, Mules
Added Horse Armor
Added Leads
Added Carpets
Added Hardened Clay, Stained Clay
Added Block of Coal
Added Name Tags (item)
Added Hay Bales
Texture packs are now “resource packs” that also can hold sound etc
Food meter is now drained when healed by full food meter
Removed Herobrine
As you can see, along with horses there are going to be donkeys and mules. This is very fitting for our city because it makes sense for dwarves to be riding small donkeys/mules instead of large horses. Also, the donkeys and mules can carry chests which will be useful for transporting resources on the surface.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:50 pm

My LCD screen is cracked or I'd do it myself, but someone please make at least a couple stacks of glistering melon and put them in the grinder and/or the other potion breweries, as the cost of making a glistering melon is going up from one gold nugget to 8 gold nuggets.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:09 am

spectrumwars wrote:My LCD screen is cracked or I'd do it myself, but someone please make at least a couple stacks of glistering melon and put them in the grinder and/or the other potion breweries, as the cost of making a glistering melon is going up from one gold nugget to 8 gold nuggets.
I made four stacks of it and put it in the exp grinder. Four stacks should last us a long time, but we might consider making even more of it now.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:35 pm

Sorry I haven't been online much recently, I've still had a lot happening, even with exams done. Hopefully soon I can settle into my usual holiday routine of living in my room on my laptop Very Happy

Anyway, on the topic of this mine in the forge. I'm thinking that we pretty much stick to trainman's method, except maybe up the size of the main tunnel. I've done a couple of sketches etc, and my suggestion to combine the two I don't think will work too well.

We definitely need to add minecart tracks into it, and perhaps another few decorations to make it look like a smoothly operating, high yield mine. Next time I'm online (probably saturday), I can get us a good start on this...

Also, anyone seen sret recently? He seems to have disappeared on us D:
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:58 am

I came on for a few minutes tonight and made a digging trip to the top of the farm caves. Who left the cobble tower at the rear left corner? I took it down. I also harvested the wheat portion of the temp farm in the entrance cave, as I was getting low on bread. I did remember to put away the enchanted picks when I was done with them this time.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:57 am

Yesterday I showed around a guy from the University minecraft group... He seemed impressed, but I get the feeling that he's not gonna stick around. I then helped out train digging another chunk from the farm caves, but had to leave halfway through
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:24 am

Ok, I'm online again, and I'm gonna get started on this mine Smile I've taken some of the cobblestone from the lounge storage at the farm caves, so bought you guys an extra 2 chests of space... hopefully I'll see someone online soon
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:42 am

I came on for a bit to work on the farm caves, but Brendanan said he was working on the mine, so I went to help him. I ended up instead helping him explore a cave he broke into. We got it mostly explored and looted, but then a creeper dropped on Bren and killed him stone dead. I saved all his stuff in an enderchest I'd brought with me. Before he could rejoin me, he had to log out and leave, so I finished up the section I was on (but declining to climb up the hole in the ceiling 3 creepers and a skeleton dropped onto me from) and headed back. Brendanan's recovered stuff is in the Quick Grab chest next to the bed in the main storage warehouse. I put away what we got from the cave (4 gold ore, 1+ stacks of iron ore, a couple stacks of silk-touched coal ore, half a stack of silk-touched redstone ore, a couple of mob drops) in the main warehouse and then returned to the farm cave, where I put away my enchanted picks and logged off for the evening myself.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:06 am

The Golemland server has hit a delay in the map reset, so I came on for a bit to find I'd left off in the middle of a digging session. I finished that session and returned the diamond picks to their box.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:21 am

Has the server updated properly?
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:11 am

Brendanan wrote:Has the server updated properly?

As far as I can tell. I logged in using the new launcher set for 1.6.1 rather than the old version.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:29 am

I went a few thousand blocks away from our city in search of horses or donkeys. It has become a challenge to distinguish between old chunks and new chunks which is making the whole task even more difficult. When I eventually find one we can note the coords and return there again when we need different breeds and markings, but getting the horses back to our city is going to be a pain.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 42 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 42  Next