Dwarven City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what did YOU do today?

+8
KaTiON
Supacreator
spectrumwars
Arrowave
sret
Brendanan
donnyh13
31trainman
12 posters

Page 42 of 42 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42

Go down

So what did YOU do today? - Page 42 Empty Re: So what did YOU do today?

Post  spectrumwars Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:12 pm

Heh. On my own single-player version of the map, I continued a little work on the farming cave before realizing the futility thereof. I was never a big fan of the whole farm-island-underground-lake plan, and had very little interest in landscaping the walls/ceiling of the farm cave to look like a natural cave. With no one else to do that part, continuing the excavation seemed pointless.

I thought about building that underground villager trading mall, but in the end, decided to make a clean break for it. I loaded up an inventory and an enderchest full of stuff and set out in a boat for some unexplored chunks to the northeast of our city. I discovered an Ocean Monument and briefly considered setting up a temporary base nearby before exploring it, but hadn't made myself any water breathing potions or enchanted armor yet, so decided to keep moving. I eventually found a site for a new dwarven city in an extreme hills biome with a nice plain nearby, but didn't get much further than setting up a temporary work area before getting bored and going back to multiplayer.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

http://capiteterram.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  requiemmc Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:05 am

Man that's a lot of dedication i think i looked at the downloaded world once.

I love the idea of starting up the project again, but think starting from scratch maybe a better idea( perhaps editing in the contents of the store room)

The old map just started to get so congested i little bit of planning out what and where every is going to go would have helped. plus with all the new content you need to travel so far way to get new chunks.

One things for sure i don't think the Stone pick rule is a good one. When i was working on the mines i always found that if you used iron picks + dimond picks for the good ores you always ended up with more iron than use used.

I'm kinda glad i stopped working on the project just after we finished the living quarters it would have been heart braking to loose so much work on the farm cave.

requiemmc

Back to top Go down

Post  Supacreator Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:15 pm

requiemmc wrote:Man that's a lot of dedication i think i looked at the downloaded world once.

I love the idea of starting up the project again, but think starting from scratch maybe a better idea( perhaps editing in the contents of the store room)

The old map just started to get so congested i little bit of planning out what and where every is going to go would have helped. plus with all the new content you need to travel so far way to get new chunks.

One things for sure i don't think the Stone pick rule is a good one. When i was working on the mines i always found that if you used iron picks + dimond picks for the good ores you always ended up with more iron than use used.

I'm kinda glad i stopped working on the project just after we finished the living quarters it would have been heart braking to loose so much work on the farm cave.

You have no idea. When the server rolled back it was lick a kick to the balls. Made me feel sick and I had to get my mind off of it quick.

PS: I don't think we've ever met. Nice to meet you Razz
Supacreator
Supacreator

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:44 pm

Nice to see you back around, req, thought we lost you forever when you vanished. Sorry things came to an unexpected halt. Farm caves did us no good and then we lost Brendan. Never really recovered.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  requiemmc Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:57 am

sorry to drop of the face of the earth like that.

it was mostly me getting tired of not seeing anyone on the servers when i logged in. With us being between projects and all there was really not a lot i could work on besides the mines. There was talk about starting the farm cave but no location had been picked.

We had also just finished the living quarters so there was lots of talk about what people should do next but not enough delegation or planing happening to keep people interested.

There is only so many hours of working the mines by yourself when you start to feel you might as well be playing single player.

requiemmc

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 42 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42