Dwarven City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what did YOU do today?

+8
KaTiON
Supacreator
spectrumwars
Arrowave
sret
Brendanan
donnyh13
31trainman
12 posters

Page 4 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 ... 42  Next

Go down

So what did YOU do today? - Page 4 Empty Re: So what did YOU do today?

Post  Brendanan Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:27 am

Don't worry, I took a pick down to the ice farm... Unfortunately, I also screwed up the wiring.

It happened from lag, and then in trying to fix it, I screwed it all up completely... My bad...

I also planned to bring an enderchest down there for quick ice transport, but guess what... I forgot

I did get myself a couple of dogs though, which were awesome enough to avenge my death from an enderman. They breed fast
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  31trainman Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:45 am

Dug out stone and minerals

31trainman

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:25 am

Brendanan wrote:Don't worry, I took a pick down to the ice farm... Unfortunately, I also screwed up the wiring.

It happened from lag, and then in trying to fix it, I screwed it all up completely... My bad...

Well that was quick. *sigh*
Edit* Alright, it's fixed again. Be careful, especially at night.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  Supacreator Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:32 am

indeed
Supacreator
Supacreator

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:32 am

Arrowave wrote:
Brendanan wrote:Don't worry, I took a pick down to the ice farm... Unfortunately, I also screwed up the wiring.

Well that was quick. *sigh*
Edit* Alright, it's fixed again. Be careful, especially at night.

I did say it was a lag based issue... My internet is not the most reliable thing out there
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:29 pm

This morning I did one and a half trips up to my usual work site on the Farm Cave dig before getting too tired to continue. I brought back a good 20+ stacks of cobble as well as a couple stacks of coal and a few iron. I also brought back some other materials someone else left in a chest out at the base of the secondary ladder. As I was running low on bread, I harvested the work site farms and made some more for myself.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

http://capiteterram.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:20 pm

Good digging. In what pattern do you dig up there? Random horizontal? Downwards? Separating the roof?
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  31trainman Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:16 am

Dug out a few large chunks in the main caves.

31trainman

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:44 am

sret wrote:Good digging. In what pattern do you dig up there? Random horizontal? Downwards? Separating the roof?

Well, I dig out chunks at a time normally, and when I was digging with trainman, that's how we dug too
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:39 am

sret wrote:Good digging. In what pattern do you dig up there? Random horizontal? Downwards? Separating the roof?

I'm working on one "side" of the apparent rectangle, doing it in strips either side of the secondary access ladder. Basically I go to one end, climb up to the ceiling, and then dig back to the ladder in the middle a 2-wide, 2 or 3-high strip. Turn around and go back the way I came, next to or under what I just dug. Slowly I'm nibbling away at the top end of the dig. Once I get it lowered a bit from the ceiling, I plan to push the strips further inward.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:03 pm

That's nice, I want the entire chunk we're digging to be separated from any outer blocks so you're helping with that.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:47 pm

I checked out the apartments and found a stack of glowstone in a chest, which I returned to the storage. We only had about a stack left so we're better off now.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:14 pm

I dug another large chunk out of the caves.

Who had the brilliant idea of throwing jack 'o' lanterns all over the place? Also, please try to scatter torches instead of putting half a dozen right next to eachother and leaving the surrounding areas dark enough for mobs to spawn. I've even seen entire passages completely left unlit (albeit only 1 wide ones).
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  31trainman Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:32 am

Dug out another good sized chunk.

31trainman

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:07 am

sret wrote:I dug another large chunk out of the caves.

Who had the brilliant idea of throwing jack 'o' lanterns all over the place? Also, please try to scatter torches instead of putting half a dozen right next to eachother and leaving the surrounding areas dark enough for mobs to spawn. I've even seen entire passages completely left unlit (albeit only 1 wide ones).

I brought a stack with me from storage, but just stuck em in a chest and didn't use them. They were intended for decorative lighting in the work room or a better ladder tube, not for lighting the work site. Torches are much easier to remove and replace.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:15 pm

Exactly. Apparently somebody took it as an invite to pumpkin up the place.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:19 pm

I didn't see any pumpkins, but then I spend most of my time up by the ceiling. Did another several picks worth early this morning/late tonight, before getting sleepy. Did have one badass moment, though. Up there, you're close enough to the surface to hear mobs growling and clanking and hissing up there at night, and for spiders to sense you through the stone, so I'm used to hearing several spiders follow me around for days at a time. But tonight I heard an enderman, and sure enough, at dawn he teleported down to the area I was working in. I didn't have full armor (no hat for some reason), didn't have a pumpkin to put on my head, and didn't have anything better than an unenchanted iron sword. But I took him out and got XP from him without getting a single hit back in return. I did it by first sidling up to him and sort of nudging him sideways until he was next to the edge chasm, then quickly turning and whacking him with my sword so he got knocked back over the edge. Then I went down the ladder and picked up his XP globes from the floor below. Flawless victory. Too bad he didn't drop a pearl, too.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:24 pm

That's pretty cool, I thought he'd teleport away but apparently they don't when they're falling. I was up there last night and saw the progress. Great job so far.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:13 pm

Dug another huge chunk out of the caves. Also moved a full enderchest + half an inventory of gravel back to the city as the chest in the digsite storage was full.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:49 am

That's some smart thinking SW... I normally take em on no armour, and iron sword for a flawless victory, but unfortunately I can't do it on SMP due to the latency between me and the server
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  31trainman Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:54 am

Dug out some stone.

31trainman

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:19 am

Did another digging session at the ceiling. Finished removing the big block at one end of my rectangular section, now to even out the floor, then start pushing it inwards.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:56 pm

Did a productive session, despite falling off the secondary ladder and dying, going from XP level 24 to 5. Dangit, was gonna go back to the city soon to enchant something. I encased the secondary in cobble for now, so that doesn't happen again. Primary ladder is still a deathtrap.

But the good news is I've finished Phase I of my plan for digging out the ceiling. And finally come up with a good standardized lighting scheme for the next phase. Here's two views, render distance set to far, from the two corners of the top of the cube that I've cleared off so far:
So what did YOU do today? - Page 4 20121002070328
So what did YOU do today? - Page 4 20121002070243

I've also started pushing that wall back inwards, starting at the top, eight rows at a time. Finally, I harvested the minifarm at the work site, then installed blocks above the water sources to keep seeds or wheat from falling in, necessitating one to go in after them, then jump back out, risking trampling the tilled soil. It also lets me put a torch on top of the blocks, slightly improving the lighting of the center of the wheat plots.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:51 pm

So far I've never managed to actually trample the soil while jumping in for wheat and seeds, but still it's about time we get blocks on there (why didn't I think about that...)

Also really good to see someone put some good progress on the caves, makes me wanna dig right now even though I'm doing other stuff. Keep it up.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  31trainman Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:04 am

Dug out a massive chunk with donnyh13. Sret and bren will be very pleased with how much chunk is left to dig out. Very Happy

Last edited by 31trainman on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : dig more work.)

31trainman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 ... 42  Next