Dwarven City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what did YOU do today?

+8
KaTiON
Supacreator
spectrumwars
Arrowave
sret
Brendanan
donnyh13
31trainman
12 posters

Page 5 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23 ... 42  Next

Go down

So what did YOU do today? - Page 5 Empty Re: So what did YOU do today?

Post  donnyh13 Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:02 am

me and 31 dug a huge amount out of the bottom, i left but hes still diggen like crazy.
donnyh13
donnyh13

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:25 pm

I didn't memorize the looks of it enough to actually see what you've dug, but I remember it being rather large and now it isn't large at all, great job guys Very Happy should be done with the bottom in no time, if I just get a chance to play
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:01 pm

Dug two rows back on each side of the top, had a ceiling cave in while digging out a vein of coal, went up to the surface briefly to seal it off. Found it desert up there (no surprise), planted a few cactus to give the spiders that follow me around all night with their see-through-solid-rock powers something to trip over while they're too busy hissing at me to watch where they're going. Installed a simple water drop on the secondary ladder for quick trips down to the bottom for more tools or to dump cobble in the enderchest. Saw a creeper and a spider on the scaffolding someone left in the main hall, so I lit it up a bit better to avoid them dropping on us unexpectedly. Gotta light those up better, guys. Also cut a bit more wood outside.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

http://capiteterram.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Supacreator Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:29 pm

stop making me feel guilty about not digging a lot lately. Embarassed I been busy and your making me feel bad about it. you evil people bounce
Supacreator
Supacreator

Back to top Go down

Post  31trainman Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:08 am

Bottom is dug out. Very Happy

31trainman

Back to top Go down

Post  donnyh13 Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:27 am

dang train, your quick o.0
donnyh13
donnyh13

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:44 am

That was some good work indeed, I thought I was the only one to dig that much at once. Big props to train. Smile

I'm so glad to finally be able to move up the to the top. I feel like we've been getting through this pretty fast the last week or so, but I realize it's taken quite a while just to get through the bottom 3 levels, and there's like 40+ to go. So let's say it took 2 weeks digging out the bottom 3 with a lot of work put in and several people digging them. That leaves approximately 15 times as much work to do to get through the entire chunk, which would take 30 weeks, or approximately 7.5 months, if we kept up this speed. And I'm pretty sure it took way more than 2 weeks, possibly up to a month. So it could take up to a year, and I doubt we'll even keep up the pace.

I guess what I'm saying is we need to figure something out, because we don't wanna spend the next year just digging out these caves.

Btw, thanks to an enderman, the small cave and a bit of the large one, now has a grass floor. It's a bit odd how it changes colour in a certain spot. =p
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  donnyh13 Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:56 am

im wondering if we should dig holes in the center straight down until were half way there then place a 2x2 patch of tnt and repeat this in 3 more spots around the center area, then place tnt on the top of the straight down holes and activate it thus dropping onto the other tnt and then setting it off, thus doing the digging for us (well a great deal of it? then we doe the rest by hand Razz

just an idea lol.
donnyh13
donnyh13

Back to top Go down

Post  31trainman Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:03 am

I like that idea.

31trainman

Back to top Go down

Post  donnyh13 Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:12 am

i have a feeling Bren or sret wont like it lol

weird the forum just told me the topic was locked then that it couldnt find it o.o yet still posted my msg lol

oh i see why the topic has magically went down to 8 pages lol
donnyh13
donnyh13

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:17 am

Forum acted weird for me too 0.o you guys posted messages while I was typing this (had to go afk halfway through) and when it showed me the new posts it had a bunch of them from Bren and I didn't recognize 'em and can't find them anywhere, pretty weird lol

Anyway, we are open to to some TNT usage to lessen the ridiculous amount of digging needed, but it feels like cheating and we don't wanna blow up any iron, gold or other goodies, so we'll see. Smile
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:20 am

donnyh13 wrote:
oh i see why the topic has magically went down to 8 pages lol

You're right o.o what the hell... some 60ish pages of our thread just vanished, hm...

My postcount remains the same so they're still in the system though.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:25 am

Okay, I noticed that somehow the thread has gotten separated. 67 pages are in a locked thread, and the last 8 have been moved to a new one. How this happened, I have no idea. I also could've sworn the total count was 67 pages before the split. And the weird posts I mentioned are the last ones in the other thread. This means this weird thing occurred when you posted as I was making a post. Something must've gone haywire when I removed my post and then remade it.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  donnyh13 Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:28 am

i think Brens doing some fall cleaning? and ya I hear ya, what im thinking is that well set it up high enough that gold wont be affected as for the iron, i cant make any guarantees sadly :/ but ya alls im tihnking is like you said lessen the load because ya a year is a little nuts for a cave lol
donnyh13
donnyh13

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:30 am

Alright, sorry about flooding this thread, but I just noticed that in the last post of the "old" thread, a link to the first page of this one has appeared. How odd isn't this? Shocked and Bren isn't even online.

If we are to use any TNT, it will definitely be above level 30.

sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  donnyh13 Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:31 am

im really not sure what to think????
donnyh13
donnyh13

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:32 am

It doesn't matter. No harm done Wink
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:33 am

Supacreator wrote:stop making me feel guilty about not digging a lot lately. Embarassed I been busy and your making me feel bad about it. you evil people bounce

Hey, I got busy on my other server, or was unavailable due to computer problems, and basically didn't come on the server here at all for a couple of months. Even now I come on for maybe an hour or two each day. Real life gets in the way, and people have busy lives outside this server. We understand. Just do what you can, when you can, and we'll all muddle through somehow.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:38 pm

No digging this afternoon, instead I got started on the temporary farms on the floor of the side cavern.
So what did YOU do today? - Page 5 20121004152418

Starting on the far left, there's a bit of a melon patch. Mostly watermelons due to a shortage of handy pumpkin seeds, but eventually all pumpkins (I don't think villagers buy watermelon for some reason), not for trading, but to replace the torches lighting the fields with jackolanterns embedded in short walls between fields.

The narrow 2-wide fields between closely spaced water trenches (all to eventually be covered by short walls with embedded jackolanterns, but we don't have enough pumpkins handy without going back to town) are planned to be sugarcane. But I hadn't planted as many outside as I thought I had, so there's only one row of 25 planted so far.

The wider 8-wide fields are planned to be wheat. Only one planted due to having fewer seeds handy than I thought.

This is just a quickie version I whipped up with one trip to the worksite minifarm for seeds, hoes, and smoothstone, one trip to the surface for reeds, and the bucket of water and tools I had on me when I logged in. We could do a bigger version in the main cave floor, and once the dirt scaffolding roof is completed (I assume that's what that thing is, I had to light it up myself a few days ago because creepers were spawning on it at night) we might think of installing a suspended row or two of lights over the wheat fields to improve growing rates a little bit.

Speaking of mobs spawning in the dig site, while I greatly appreciate the efforts of whoever is actually working on shaping the walls, and think they're otherwise doing a great job, walls that are not entirely vertical or inward sloped NEED to be lit up. Even on a 1x1 projection, mobs can spawn. Luckily the current mob AI precludes them jumping down on us from more than a few blocks up, one of the recent snapshots changed it slightly, so they will soon be willing to take up to half their current health in falling damage to jump down on us. If you can hear a zombie snarling up on the wall, and I can, he's within 16 blocks and can see you, and thus low enough to jump down at you once the new AI goes into effect with the next update. I don't want creepers jumping down on us and blowing up the new farms, or skeletons sniping at us from the walls, so I lit up what I could reach from the floor.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Supacreator Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:22 am

spectrumwars wrote:No digging this afternoon, instead I got started on the temporary farms on the floor of the side cavern.
So what did YOU do today? - Page 5 20121004152418

Starting on the far left, there's a bit of a melon patch. Mostly watermelons due to a shortage of handy pumpkin seeds, but eventually all pumpkins (I don't think villagers buy watermelon for some reason), not for trading, but to replace the torches lighting the fields with jackolanterns embedded in short walls between fields.

The narrow 2-wide fields between closely spaced water trenches (all to eventually be covered by short walls with embedded jackolanterns, but we don't have enough pumpkins handy without going back to town) are planned to be sugarcane. But I hadn't planted as many outside as I thought I had, so there's only one row of 25 planted so far.

The wider 8-wide fields are planned to be wheat. Only one planted due to having fewer seeds handy than I thought.

This is just a quickie version I whipped up with one trip to the worksite minifarm for seeds, hoes, and smoothstone, one trip to the surface for reeds, and the bucket of water and tools I had on me when I logged in. We could do a bigger version in the main cave floor, and once the dirt scaffolding roof is completed (I assume that's what that thing is, I had to light it up myself a few days ago because creepers were spawning on it at night) we might think of installing a suspended row or two of lights over the wheat fields to improve growing rates a little bit.

Speaking of mobs spawning in the dig site, while I greatly appreciate the efforts of whoever is actually working on shaping the walls, and think they're otherwise doing a great job, walls that are not entirely vertical or inward sloped NEED to be lit up. Even on a 1x1 projection, mobs can spawn. Luckily the current mob AI precludes them jumping down on us from more than a few blocks up, one of the recent snapshots changed it slightly, so they will soon be willing to take up to half their current health in falling damage to jump down on us. If you can hear a zombie snarling up on the wall, and I can, he's within 16 blocks and can see you, and thus low enough to jump down at you once the new AI goes into effect with the next update. I don't want creepers jumping down on us and blowing up the new farms, or skeletons sniping at us from the walls, so I lit up what I could reach from the floor.

Oh so your the one who built all of that stuff. I was wondering
Supacreator
Supacreator

Back to top Go down

Post  Supacreator Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:24 am

dug through 11 picks then harvested the farms and turned wheat and coco beans into a lot of bread and cookies. It's was a good session of stuff today.
Supacreator
Supacreator

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:41 am

Holy crap, I haven't been gone for THAT long have I!!!!!???

And no, I wasn't doing any spring cleaning with the forums, or I would have mentioned it... Obviously the forum just shit itself over such a large thread... Perhaps I will move the old one to the basket (which I believe is a section where the threads exist, but you guys can't see), so it's around, but doesn't clutter up the place... Or perhaps I could create an archive that all you guys can see, but not alter, in case you were looking around for some information....

As I said on a previous thread, life has hit hard, and I have barely been able to do anything minecraft related... But you guys seem to have picked up the pace even more Very Happy great work
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:46 pm

Brendanan wrote:
As I said on a previous thread, life has hit hard, and I have barely been able to do anything minecraft related... But you guys seem to have picked up the pace even more Very Happy great work

Just try to pitch in on the discussions to help making decisions, and we'll be just fine Wink

Oh and there's plenty of useless old threads that could get moved to the basket.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  31trainman Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:40 am

Started to dig out the top area, And me and donnyh13 tested some blast patterns.

31trainman

Back to top Go down

Post  donnyh13 Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:49 am

removed a huge amount of stone ,( i think) went through about 7 picks, emptied the storage chests in the cave, and found that digging 1x2 tunnels and then placing 2 high TNT every 4 blocks will remove a very good share of stone for the least amount of TNT so far, think this is a good method if we want to help the progress along some.
donnyh13
donnyh13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23 ... 42  Next