Dwarven City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what did YOU do today?

+8
KaTiON
Supacreator
spectrumwars
Arrowave
sret
Brendanan
donnyh13
31trainman
12 posters

Page 23 of 42 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32 ... 42  Next

Go down

So what did YOU do today? - Page 23 Empty Re: So what did YOU do today?

Post  Arrowave Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:41 pm

Bran2939 wrote:Beacon room hall maybe? Razz First link was what I kinda had in mind, more of lava coming out of faces in the walls though, like my previous idea for beacon hall, 2nd link for new idea of beacon hall Razz Beautiful pictures.
The thing with beacons is that you want it in an area where you will be hanging around a lot so you can use the effects to their fullest advantage. If we put the beacons in a room that big it will be pointless because that hall will be the only place where you can use it's effects. We need to put it in the main part of the city so that we can have things like Speed II when we are moving around the city.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  Bran2939 Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:26 pm

I think the beacon has a maximum of 40 blocks radius? So of course my suggestion wouldn't be practical, purely for decoration pirat Could always get some and ore blocks for quick set up at dig sites if needed?

Bran2939

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:10 am

If we want to make the best possible use of the beacon we should put it in the farm caves and have it assist in the digging. It's a place where it will be utmost useful for a very long time. When the caves are done we can move it to a more permanent spot in the central parts of the city.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:30 am

sret wrote:If we want to make the best possible use of the beacon we should put it in the farm caves and have it assist in the digging. It's a place where it will be utmost useful for a very long time. When the caves are done we can move it to a more permanent spot in the central parts of the city.
I agree with this plan for the beacons. We could definitely use the speed boost to help finish the caves.

One problem might be relocating it though. Does anyone know what happens when you break a beacon?
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:42 am

Arrowave wrote:
One problem might be relocating it though. Does anyone know what happens when you break a beacon?

IIRC, the only downside to relocating a beacon is that you lose the resources inside the beacon block that are currently used to power it. The beacon block itself drops like any other.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:09 am

sret wrote:
Arrowave wrote:

IIRC, the only downside to relocating a beacon is that you lose the resources inside the beacon block that are currently used to power it. The beacon block itself drops like any other.

You can power the reset of a beacon with a single bar of iron, so it's not a huge price to pay for moving one.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

http://capiteterram.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:59 pm

Came on a bit early this morning. Finished the level I'd been digging of the left half of the top of the farm cave cube. Next time I'm on, I'll start on the next level down, back at the front.

I also took a load of spoil back to the worksite storage. Saw Supacreator's test-bore rail tunnel at the back of the cobble storage room. The concept of the storage room when I built it was that, once we get close to filling those chests, we'd just push the back wall farther along and add more rows of chests. Then someone added the "lounge" at the end, and fair enough, we can knock that down and rebuild it at the end of the new rows of chests. But a subway line stop will be a bit harder to move along.

It's not that big a problem, however. We can always put a matching hole in the other side, and do another set of rows of chests in there, if need be. Or with the subway line, run trains of chest carts back to central storage and make room for more spoil storage at the worksite.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Bran2939 Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:09 pm

Not being picky, but I think the storage room could look a little more epic. pirat

Bran2939

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:17 am

I agree... it could...

Come up with some designs for us to make it look better, and we might add it in Wink I personally have a couple of ideas, but I don't think they'll work...

Anyway, I'm about to get online and work on the forge Very Happy
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:56 am

Well... did a bit on the forge, then ragequit from lag...

Got on again later, and got quite a decent chunk of work done (still a shitload of work to do, but you've almost got an idea of the size now. I then gave up due to intense lag after mining the same chunk 5 times, and then the last straw was the slime who was halfway across the forge one moment, then had killed me the next
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Bran2939 Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:59 am

I'll get to it when I get some tiem.

Bran2939

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:44 am

Came on, did some digging in the farm caves. Dug two strips off the front left of the top of the block, and figured out how to light the new top surface. Also saw Mimodo on, asked him to bring some arrows from the main warehouse out to the digsite work/storage area, and he did. But aside from that, lag was making it hard for him to do much work on the forge.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:23 am

Ah yes... Instead of doing anything on the forge that horrible day, I decided to fix up the shortcut a little bit, because having a single ladder go to a 2 wide hallway was getting on my nerves...

Today I did a little on the forge, and made an enchanted book for efficiency IV
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:30 am

Brendanan wrote:
Today I did a little on the forge, and made an enchanted book for efficiency IV

A what now? Just when I thought I had the last updates figured out...
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bran2939 Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:58 pm

You can enchant books to place enchantments wherever now Smile

Bran2939

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:53 pm

Oh, that does ring a bell actually...
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:37 am

I haven't been able to be on reliably today, but I've been afk for most of it... Working on getting us enchanted books so that we can make a few good picks when we need it, since I can't do much else... Also have me a bow... power IV, infinity I, unbreaking III bow, and the next thing to apply to it is either knockback or fire... or both Very Happy
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:38 am

I also discovered that chainmail armour can be obtained legitimately from rare drops (got chain boots now), and have got enough gold leggings to repair them to full
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:44 am

Came on for a few minutes, dug two more strips off the top of the farm cave cube.

Don't waste unbreaking III books on bows. Enchanted bows can be combined fairly cheaply with new, unenchanted bows to bring them back to full durability, using the anvil. And if you're grinding in the skeleton/spider grinder, you'll get plenty of free unenchanted bows to do the combining with. Save it for diamond implements, particularly swords and armor, that can't normally get the unbreaking enchant, and which will last a whole lot longer with such an enchant. Or at least use it on diamond picks, perhaps in the farm cave.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:03 am

My bow costs 39 levels just to rename... I highly doubt it's a cheap matter of fixing it... But anyway, next time I'll keep it in mind.

I have 8 books for us: Efficiency IV, Silk Touch I, Protection III, Fire Protection III, Projectile Protection III, Smite IV, Bane of Anthropods IV, Sharpness III.

My bow is also upgraded to Power V now, so it's essentially an infinite one-hit-kill monstrosity Very Happy That's all my experience farming for the day... I may join again later

Edit: I didn't know where to put the books, so they're in the bottom chest in the hall of crafts labelled stuff
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:48 pm

Great, now I can't even take pleasure in my bow anymore and this whole enchanting anvil yadda yadda system makes my head hurt Neutral

Also, did I hear you right when you said you combined chain boots with golden legs to repair the boots? o,o
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:38 pm

Came on for a bit, did a minor reorganizing of the chests on the farm cave floor crafting area, got ambushed while doing so by a creeper, who apparently dropped down from where Arrowave was digging above me. Or maybe came in from a side passage off the entrance cave or something, I dunno, he came up behind me. Luckily he didn't damage any of the chests. I patched up the crater and went up top to resume digging. Dug a couple of strips, then took a load of cobble to the worksite storage.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:04 am

I dug a fairly large chunk of the Farm Caves today. It is actually my first time digging in the larger part of the caves, my previous work has always been in the smaller section. I have decided to abandon that section for now and wait until we get around to finalizing things in that area. There is so much digging left.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:18 am

sret wrote:

-snip-

Also, did I hear you right when you said you combined chain boots with golden legs to repair the boots? o,o

No you didn't... not at all... the chain boots are very weak right now
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:29 am

At least they made chainmail have the same durability as iron rather than gold. So it's useful when you can get it. Takes a lot of dead zombies or skeletons to get enough, though.

This evening I tried to log in and do more digging on top of the farm cave cube, but my left-click button on my laptop touchpad is acting up, and not clicking when held down, making digging difficult. And I didn't get the trackball I asked for for my birthday today, so it's time to send the lappy in for repairs again. Ah well.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 42 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32 ... 42  Next