Dwarven City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what did YOU do today?

+8
KaTiON
Supacreator
spectrumwars
Arrowave
sret
Brendanan
donnyh13
31trainman
12 posters

Page 13 of 42 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27 ... 42  Next

Go down

So what did YOU do today? - Page 13 Empty Re: So what did YOU do today?

Post  sret Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:50 pm

That's why I have feather falling boots Wink I tend to completely ignore heights and constantly fall all over the place. I swear I could manage to take fall damage on a superflat world Very Happy
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:06 pm

So, instead of going to bed after a long day, I decided to jump on quickly for one last session as I probably wont be able to play later. I got a fair amount of extra work in on the forge project, using up one stack of coal ore in the process. I also forgot to mention earlier that I brought a few stacks of ice back from the ice tray, so if we ever need that for who knows what reason, there are plenty in the storage.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Supacreator Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:26 pm

sret wrote:Junk ender pearls?? We're always delighted to loot any at all, haha. It would be amazing to walk around with a stack and just teleport all over the place (I've actually never even tried em).

So the cost goes up, eh? Sounds annoying Surprised

And by the way, never utter the word "incinerator" around here, it's taboo. We never destroy anything.

Unless they are the cursed bows of the skelly grinder that vanish and fill inventories, evil things
Supacreator
Supacreator

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:28 pm

Good point, I once fell for one of those. It's hard to know which ones are affected though (or are they all?) and they kind of sort out themselves Very Happy perhaps a test shooting of every bow in the storage would be a good idea.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:36 pm

Yeah, with an anvil, you can't do any operation that costs over 40 XP levels, but it's disturbingly easy to come up with a seemingly-simple operation that unfortunately costs more than that. Repairing items with raw materials (diamonds, iron, stone, etc.) isn't worth it, except for the high-level enchanted items too expensive to fix otherwise. Just make a new unenchanted tool of that type and merge it, it's cheaper and more effective. Except, as I said, it doesn't work with the really high-level enchanted items. Still, anvils rock for merging low-level items to make high-level ones, especially bows.

And on our other server, we've got literally dozens of double chests of enderpearls stored at our end grinder, despite several of us taking ours home with us instead and storing them off-site, and others who like to use the enderpearl/feather-falling-boots combo to jump around ravines and the like. We even installed a beacon there to grant regeneration II to users of the grinder, which heals one faster than starvation can kill you, just to avoid having to eat while swatting thousands of endermen. Personally, I still eat, but then I've both got several hyperproductive farms that make far more food than I can eat anyways, and a secondary Zombie-dungeon grinder producing tons of rotten flesh I might as well use up anyways. So my single deadliest weapon on that server is the handful of rotten flesh I alternate between snacking on and swatting fall-crippled endermen with.

And what's this about cursed bows? I don't remember this.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

http://capiteterram.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:42 pm

spectrumwars wrote:
And what's this about cursed bows? I don't remember this.

For some reason some bows (I think exclusively looted ones from when they were just introduced as skeleton drops) just vanish after you fire them the first time. Kind of sucks when you grab a bow and a stack of arrows and set out on an adventure just to be left without a bow after you've fired a single arrow.

I'll have to read up properly on anvils some time.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:48 am

There was, at one time, a glitched bow, a drop from a skeleton. When that bow hit the ground, it would instantly fill your inventory with cursed bows, upon trying to pick it up. These bows can even be enchanted (I wasted 50 levels on one), but they will disappear after trying to shoot an arrow.

There is a test for them though. Try to Shift-Click it into your inventory from the chest. If you can't, take a shot from the bow. It WILL disappear. I have removed a large number of these cursed bows, but I don't think I've found all of them. Take caution

Glad to see we have all our silk touch picks back Very Happy Sounds like you had an exciting day Wink
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:06 am

Sret, if for some ungodly reason you're awake again, I'm online
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:07 am

sret wrote:
I suppose the picture was simply too wide (hi, Bren Laughing )

hehe Wink at least it wasn't any wider
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  31trainman Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:03 am

helped bren with the forge tunnel. And made it look really nice.

31trainman

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:45 am

Yes, we did more work on that tunnel. We still need a way of adequately lighting the tracks, as the torches look horrible, and the roof is halfway to finished, but we're making great progress. The thing with it is that we want to keep the place as dimly lit as possible to keep the effect.
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:48 am

Unfortunately I really needed that sleep. I just had a quick look and you've indeed done some good job on the tunnel today Smile
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:59 am

You still around?
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:00 am

I have an hour
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:19 am

Sret and I finished the roof of the tunnel, and had a good talk :p

sret, I'll have 2 hours tomorrow I can play. From about 6am GMT
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:46 pm

That'll be perfect =]
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:33 am

Early mark from work Very Happy I should be able to come online in 5
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:29 am

I would have woken up earlier had I known that Smile
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:44 am

Went up to dig in the farm caves, ended up taking a detour through an abandoned mineshaft and digging out some iron, coal, and planks/fences. And throwing a couple of stacks of torches around, there were several tunnels dark enough for mobs to spawn in, and that shaft exits right next to the ladder to the top of the farm caves. Afterwards, I dug some more off the top of the cube and took this nice screenshot of the progress:

So what did YOU do today? - Page 13 20121211003343
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

http://capiteterram.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:55 am

Yet another super productive day between sret and I, with a quick appearance from supacreator to help out, and SW in the background...

The forge is now well underway. We have begun the rows of furnaces on one side, and have the start of the viewing platform dug. Next on the list after finishing the furnaces is probably the storage area and linking that up to the viewing platform. From there we can then get this lava pool going (it'll be at least 19 blocks long), then the other side of the furnaces, then the mines can begin.

Come on guys, get active, things are flying Very Happy All those who gave up are gonna be regretting missing this chance to build
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:59 am

Oh yeah, and I also spent about 15 minutes fixing up various things around the city too, so we're getting closer and closer to perfection
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:04 am

It was good to watch my stonecount rise again. We're also planning to fill these hundreds of furnaces with coal, so feel free to dig any you find, and fortune picking it is welcome.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:57 am

Brendanan wrote:Yet another super productive day between sret and I, with a quick appearance from supacreator to help out, and SW in the background...

The forge is now well underway. We have begun the rows of furnaces on one side, and have the start of the viewing platform dug. Next on the list after finishing the furnaces is probably the storage area and linking that up to the viewing platform. From there we can then get this lava pool going (it'll be at least 19 blocks long), then the other side of the furnaces, then the mines can begin.

Come on guys, get active, things are flying Very Happy All those who gave up are gonna be regretting missing this chance to build
In the wake of the coming holiday I have had a pile of work to do keeping me from doing anything on the server. In fact, I'm procrastinating right now. Very Happy

Anyways, I am a few days out from a two week break and looking forward to getting back into things around here.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  Supacreator Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:29 am

Brendanan wrote:Yet another super productive day between sret and I, with a quick appearance from supacreator to help out, and SW in the background...

Sorry for bailing on you guys so quickly. My mom was bothering me about how it was 11:30 on a school night and to go to bed. :/ whatever, anyways I would have loved to stay on longer but I was out of time.
Supacreator
Supacreator

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:05 am

I know the feeling mate... As long as you live at home, you gotta listen to your parents :p It's all good Smile

Now, I'm going to be around on and off today. I got a lot of stuff I have to do around the house, but send me a message and in most cases I'll be online within 15 minutes Smile Eager to get more of this forge done
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 42 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27 ... 42  Next