Dwarven City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what did YOU do today?

+8
KaTiON
Supacreator
spectrumwars
Arrowave
sret
Brendanan
donnyh13
31trainman
12 posters

Page 8 of 42 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 25 ... 42  Next

Go down

So what did YOU do today? - Page 8 Empty Re: So what did YOU do today?

Post  Brendanan Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:14 am

I got on for like 2 minutes (yay)

Did a quick harvest of farms, then I tried to redesign the roof, as it got too steep too fast. I got about a quarter of the way through it before I had to go, so I will finish it off later, and hopefully it'll be looking a little better
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  donnyh13 Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:07 pm

Brendanan wrote:Earn more emeralds from the other ones then... Make it a habit to earn everything you spend

ok, theres one villager that will trade 1 "written book" for 1 emerald, is that a good deal? the rest take like 13 books, and the others trade gold ingots and iron ingots Razz
donnyh13
donnyh13

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:14 pm

donnyh13 wrote:
Brendanan wrote:Earn more emeralds from the other ones then... Make it a habit to earn everything you spend

ok, theres one villager that will trade 1 "written book" for 1 emerald, is that a good deal? the rest take like 13 books, and the others trade gold ingots and iron ingots Razz

Oh yes. A written book takes one book (3 reeds/paper, one leather), plus a feather and an ink sac, both of which we have back at the warehouse in significant quantities. More ink sacs are easily obtained in the lake near the surface entrance to the work site, more feathers from the many chickens at the NPC village. Fill your inventory with written books, and presto! 27 emeralds.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

http://capiteterram.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  donnyh13 Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:36 pm

ok great, heres what I was thinking, I trade the 27 written books for 27 emeralds, I then trade the 27 emeralds for 27 book cases, i break the book cases, i get more books and make written books? thus saving us of having to use our leather?
donnyh13
donnyh13

Back to top Go down

Post  KaTiON Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:53 pm

Today I applied for membership in the Dwarven City Project. I hope to be part of this community and to help building since building is something I enjoyed doing my whole life.

I am Marcos and I have 18 years old, I'm from little debt-ridden Portugal here in Western Europe where the beaches are good but the money runs short.

I developed an interest in Minecraft back in 2009 when it was relatively new. I found that I could have the chance to build stuff in this sandbox in the same way as I played Legos when I was a young boy, but this time, I could accomplish my wildest dreams. So, I got fascinated by it and found myself building an enormous amount of buildings, from houses to skyscrapers, from roads to airports, from graveyards to Gothic churches, and so on.

Then came survival, and I was happy. I could be the lone survivor trying to rebuild civilization by gathering resources, fighting enemies, exploring the land and, of course, survive. I found out that building projects were much more rewarding this way, where you'd actually have to work your ass off to produce something, It made me proud of my developments.

After some time I started losing interest in it, and, coupled with the fact that I was playing other games, doing homework for school and having a social life, I put Minecraft down and didn't touched it for some months.

That is, until I found a good community to play online with.

I was a member of a dieing gaming forum called Golemlabs for some years now and it came to my attention that they were starting a Minecraft server. I found this an excellent opportunity to play multiplayer that wasn't bound to suck and to know the community better. One person of interest, Martin, or better known as spectrumwars here, was too a player so I had the chance to play with him, and it was a very good experience. So, I restarted playing Minecraft, exploring and doing projects in the server for some weeks with the rest of the community.

Later I grew bored, mostly because I lacked direction or goals, that is, I didn't have any idea what to do next. So I quit for a few more months, occasionally dropping by to see how the crew was going.

I recently regained interest in Minecraft and started playing again. To my surprise spectrumwars was still playing, as well as some new players I didn't knew yet. The server was new and everything was virgin, so I found myself immersing again in my usual underground base building.

Some days ago while talking to Spectrum he told me of a project he was on called Dwarven City.

That's my history.

I hope to be well received by the community. I will build, gather, mine, dig and engage in the community with as much effort as the interest I have in astronomy. Thanks for reading.

PS: Sorry for my non-native English, I hope it was well written.

Last edited by KaTiON on Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos.)
KaTiON
KaTiON

Back to top Go down

Post  donnyh13 Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:57 pm

That was very well written, you di a very sincere and good job, hope to see you on soon Smile
donnyh13
donnyh13

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:49 am

I'm far from in charge here, but it sounds like you will be a welcomed addition to the project. We have had so many people come and go, including myself that it's hard to find dedicated members.

Also, nice signature.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  Supacreator Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:00 am

after a post like that you are already well set to be accepted. Anyone else agree with me? Cool
Supacreator
Supacreator

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:04 am

Arrowave wrote:
Also, nice signature.

Hehehehe. It originally ended "As only NASA can", as Kation is a big fan of space science and exploration. Then one year, for April Fool's Day, we at the GolemLabs forum (where I'm the volunteer supermoderator), decided to prank the users by switching out their avatars and, in some cases, signatures. In addition to giving him a new Avatar (unfortunately the before-and-after versions died with my old computer's hard drive, and I can't remember exactly what got changed), I edited his signature to read like it does now. He never changed it back.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:05 am

Sounds like you've been playing even longer than me! At least you've had a welcome reception Very Happy

Anyway, today I got 5 minutes (yay), in which I had to show a friend what a cow looked like in minecraft, so I went and bred them all... That's about all I got to do unfortunately
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:33 am

Hello again, KaTiON. From one Lego fan to another - nice post! Wink

Bren will most likely have you approved soon.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:02 am

Started to dig another large chunk out of the farm caves today. I didn't finish but I will next time I'm online. Those diamond picks are great for this, especially with Unbreaking III. The thing just keeps digging.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:08 pm

So today I showed Kation around the city. I had to go before I could get to showing him the current dig site, but he's officially a member now... We just gotta teach him that creepers are bad, and not to even consider giving them hugs :p

So everyone, lets be nice and not scare him off within a week Wink
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:44 am

Today I logged back on at Kation's request and showed him the way to the new dig site for the farm caverns. He was suitably impressed by the sheer scale of the thing, as was I by the progress made in my absence. We dug a nice section out of the ceiling area before running out of inventory space, but when we got back down to the bottom to dump cobble and make new tools, he saw that someone else was on our other server, so we logged off to go back to GolemLand for a while. We'll be back to Dwarf City soon, have no fear.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  KaTiON Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:07 pm

Today I have been remodeling my apartment room with some woods and a fireplace. After some time I got to explore the current projects with spectrumwars and I became in awe with the scale of it. Now I'm helping dig the top 2 floors of that mega cubian complex.
KaTiON
KaTiON

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:12 am

I dug about a half of a large chest out of the walls in the small room today. Funny how we call it the "small" room.

The diamond pick I am using has unbreaking III on it too and the durability only went down a little bit. It is really speeding things up.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  Supacreator Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:09 am

I been a little lazy lately... hopefully will get digging again soon
Supacreator
Supacreator

Back to top Go down

Post  donnyh13 Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:01 pm

sorry I havent been on lately, kind of been busy with school, ....yes I would love to write an essay on how those two poems are different and the same >.<
donnyh13
donnyh13

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:33 am

donnyh13 wrote:sorry I havent been on lately, kind of been busy with school, ....yes I would love to write an essay on how those two poems are different and the same >.<

Hahaha... Yes, I would love to write 18000 words in 3 days. Yes, I would love to sit an exam on a saturday morning. Oh, thanks for asking, I love coming in on a friday to submit a maths assessment... Ah, the hell of education :p lol

Anyway, I'm nearly free to spend as much time playing as my internet will let me Very Happy

Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:29 am

I didn't manage to get on the server, but I did just spend half an hour writing a grand total of about 2000 words all for dwarven city related stuff (if only I could do that with all my assessment)
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:20 am

I went online mainly to check out the update and sounds. I killed some bats and walked around the village for a while tossing eggs left and right. I finally decided to go and try to find some of those new Wither Skeletons in the Nether, but I found none.

Also, I have to ask, who owns the seven wolves in one of the village houses?
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:57 am

That's me... I got to breeding
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Supacreator Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:02 am

Got bored so I finished off a diamond pick that has been on the brink of breaking for a while. Then I dug out a little lounge area in the temporary storage because I got bored again. anyways I also tested out THE END and it is ok. Nothing has changed.
Supacreator
Supacreator

Back to top Go down

Post  Supacreator Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:03 am

Supacreator wrote:Got bored so I finished off a diamond pick that has been on the brink of breaking for a while. Then I dug out a little lounge area in the temporary storage because I got bored again. anyways I also tested out THE END and it is ok. Nothing has changed.

ya know because someone (don't know who) said it might have reset. It didn't
Supacreator
Supacreator

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:35 am

Supacreator wrote:Got bored so I finished off a diamond pick that has been on the brink of breaking for a while. Then I dug out a little lounge area in the temporary storage because I got bored again. anyways I also tested out THE END and it is ok. Nothing has changed.

Nice lounge. Water always seem to have that soothing effect that fits such rooms so well.

I've heard you can do some nice stuff with worn out picks with the new anvil thing. Perhaps something to consider for future used up diamond picks.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 42 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 25 ... 42  Next