Dwarven City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what did YOU do today?

+14
31trainman
Brendanan
Lorpius Prime
SDIAN(SD1AN)
jeffewing997
Mimodo
Splated
Dr. Steel
sret
requiemmc
Blackwind
Arrowave
3rdi
spectrumwars
18 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

So what did YOU do today? - Page 37 Empty Re: So what did YOU do today?

Post  Supacreator Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:15 am

I put a workstation in the soon to be caves. and the chest is for PICKS ONLY please. If you aren't using your picks leave them in the chest. it works nice for everyone bounce
Supacreator
Supacreator

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:44 am

Ok... Well, someone has already done something against what supa said... and placed cobble in the picks chest. Don't worry, I took the cobble out...

Now... I have a few words, and none of them are appropriate to say, so I'll replace them with wow! What we have got going for the main cave... that's not even half of it... it's gigantic!!!!!!!!! We'll be digging for a year!

Anyway, I got a little time to dig in my lecture (hehe, hard at work studying Wink ) as well as look at the current progress. I dug 3 picks worth from the sides of the smaller section (ha, small section...). I've got a shape for the floor dug out now, so the rest of the digging is just up the walls to make it look like a cave... Slowly but surely getting there... I guess :p
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:39 am

Brendanan wrote:
Now... I have a few words, and none of them are appropriate to say, so I'll replace them with wow! What we have got going for the main cave... that's not even half of it... it's gigantic!!!!!!!!! We'll be digging for a year!

Imagine how I chuckled when I saw your other post "don't get through it too fast" Smile
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:16 pm

Hehehe Wink but with TNT we can take it down pretty damn fast... And we don't be wanting thst
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:36 am

Just got on for a short amount of time and dug a bit out of the "small" room. School has put me out of the mood for tedious business lately which is why I have been inactive. Good to see others are still plugging away.

The quarry has been a death zone for me lately, I keep falling or getting slaughtered by sneaky creepers. Can't wait to get that place finished so we can light it up.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:15 am

I tend to not die at all... Feather falling boots would be awesome help, but doesn't look like that'll happen
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:34 am

Feather falling boots? I know what my next enchantment goal is gonna be, I fall off things 24/7, most of the times on purpose Smile
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:37 am

Fortunately we don't die from the top of the large cave dig bit
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  donnyh13 Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:39 pm

just a question first off, where is this big dig? lol i guess I should be helping instead of mining in the mines Razz

secondly i mined a ways in the mines, found 4 diamonds, some gold some coal and some iron oh and lapis also, then went exploring, found the buried trader villager in his makeshift dirt home lol, then found a small ravine with some coal and iron in it, and I also killed a enderman (note this was all last night
donnyh13
donnyh13

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:46 pm

Wait!!! You found a villager!? We thought they were all dead!!! YAY!!!

There are coords somewhere with the location of the dig site... I won't be on for a while to get you there sorry
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:49 pm

You found our lost last villager?! Please make sure to lock him up safely, we were afraid we lost him! Also explain where we can find him.

Well, yea, if you're gonna dig you might aswell do it in the actual current project Smile (btw if you find diamonds try to use one of fortune picks on them)

Finding the digsite is easier than it sounds. I'm not sure if you know where the village with our spawn is, but if you go to the city entrance there's a desert right outside and you can see the village right away from the edge of said desert. When you're in the village you will see some form of canal on the left side. Follow this until it ends (whoever built it made some kind of a door there) and when you're at the end you walk to approximately your 2 o'clock direction and soon enough you will see the shelter of the digsite (you can't miss it).

sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  donnyh13 Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:53 pm

ok, i think i know where you mean and heres how you get there...ya ill get his coords lol, some one obviously found him cus hes encased in dirt lol with torches all over him XD
donnyh13
donnyh13

Back to top Go down

Post  donnyh13 Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:01 am

X-166
Z1740
y72
pretty much how you get there is go out the entrance and go about 20blocks, turn 90 degrees to the right and continue until you reach a desert and some grassy small but pointy mountains, go to the left of these kinda following the desert but keep going straight, until you reach a little river, and across that is a village (abandoned) and just this side of it will be a dirt mound with torches all over it lol, thats him/her hehe
donnyh13
donnyh13

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:03 am

Sounds like you're talking about the other village, near the border of a snowy taiga? With a big mountain next to it. If that's it, we never checked the villagers there (well, apparently someone did) and were kind of hoping one our villagers at home were still around as they can be hard to transport.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  donnyh13 Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:18 am

oh lol, sorry i couldnt help you lol, dam zombies must killed the rest Razz
donnyh13
donnyh13

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:00 pm

Well, looks like its time to go trading and gettin is some emeralds
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:19 pm

3k more stone down. Overall I got some good work in general done on the caves. Removed tons of gravel, floored up a bunch of annoying shafts (where the floor was on level 17 instead of 19, did however not get all of them done as I ran out of dirt) and removed a bunch of fences and crap so we wont have to deal with them while digging out the area. Also widened the edge of the floor so it's easier to walk around the cave.

I am struggling with the motivation to play though, I wish we'd have more activity, I feel like I'm digging this giant cave all by myself and I'd like some company =p
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  donnyh13 Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:52 pm

ill be on tonight probably, and help you feel more accompanied lol
and glad u found him safe and sound lol
donnyh13
donnyh13

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:02 pm

Well, unfortunately I'm not able to be online when you are. Just the sign of other people working too is helpful though Smile
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:55 am

unfortunately, I can't be playing much Sad Give it a couple of weeks and I'll be on mid semester break, where my life will be work, music, and minecraft, so I can power through the caves with you Very Happy Until then though, it's all up to you guys Sad I do get on every so often to dig out a pick or two from the small cave, or throw up a stack of smoothstone... It sounds like you're doing amazing though!!!
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  donnyh13 Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:02 am

IM HERE, HOW DO I KNOW WHAT TO DIG? LOL (sorry cap locks)

nvm i found it lol
donnyh13
donnyh13

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:28 am

That's the mindless digging part you found? A massive ass chunk of stone to remove? The other bit you can help dig... Basically dig out the walls to make it look like a big cave
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  donnyh13 Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:21 am

so in a nutshell, I dig a bit out of the bottom then moved to the top and dug more lol, thus breaking 3 iron picks XD
and i lit a cave that hadnt been found yet lol, and ya , so basically were gunna have a huge rectangle of empty space thne turn it into a "cave"? correct? lol

and sad you cant play much :/ hope it turns out satisfactory lol.
donnyh13
donnyh13

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:27 am

Well, I feel bad so i'm postponing (even more) some assessment to do a bit of digging Very Happy (or maybe get some emerald)

Just a note, try to use stone picks more than iron (just super conservative with stuff, despite the billions of iron we have)
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:31 am

Just a reminder with the big cave... the walls don't need to be flat... this is only a small rectangle of the final product we are digging out
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum