Dwarven City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what did YOU do today?

+14
31trainman
Brendanan
Lorpius Prime
SDIAN(SD1AN)
jeffewing997
Mimodo
Splated
Dr. Steel
sret
requiemmc
Blackwind
Arrowave
3rdi
spectrumwars
18 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

So what did YOU do today? - Page 36 Empty Re: So what did YOU do today?

Post  Brendanan Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:08 am

60-70?
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:56 pm

Oh, and I think we remove the shroom plantation too... it wasn't that productive to start with, and it's just dangerous
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:13 pm

Alright.

I suggest we turn it into a large room where we can grow giant mushrooms, it's hard to find a room that works.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:39 pm

Can't we do it in the middle of the pit floor?
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:40 pm

I was thinknig we turn it into another wheat plot
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:28 pm

That'll work too. We need to wall it in though, doesn't seem to work in daylight even if it's night, I've already tried down there.

I'm off now, no idea when I'll be back =p
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:29 pm

Just to prove you wrong I grew 2 giant shrooms at the bottom of the pit.. but I did have trouble placing them near the centre
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Supacreator Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:58 am

Sorry the shroom farm was my fault and I'm not very good at making them. I'm happy to remove it myself.
Supacreator
Supacreator

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:23 am

The main problem is that mobs were spawning... First zombies to break the doors, followed by creepers to break... Well... Pretty much everything else...

I probably would have went for a design of water harvesting, with no area possible for mob spawns.. Quite a simple design... But then again, it's still easy enough to grow giants
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:02 pm

Sounds good. Might be because there's a roof. If I ever get a chance to log on I'll make sure to grow a few. Right now I have no internet access, I was lucky to get an opportunity to log on for a few minutes. Hopefully within a week I will get internet where I live. I will bring further updates on my situation when that happens, until then I'll be inactive. On the bright side I might be able to play a lot once I do get internet.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:49 pm

Good news! I managed to get internet already. I'm not sure how long it will last but it should be fine for now and I should be able to play a lot. Time to get that stone count up Wink
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:59 am

YAY!!! Very Happy I'm still having trouble getting time to play
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:51 pm

Today I didn't feel very motivated, but I managed to dig about 2k stone. I put a ladder up to around where we want the roof to be, then dug down along the edge to further isolate the area we're digging. I'm still very far from having dug from top to bottom around the entire thing but I think I got nearly half of the first side done.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:38 am

Good to see that someone has the time to play. I should return to being active soon, but I already have a lot of things I have to finish first
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:40 am

2k stone unmotivated... Nice work Very Happy the brief times I get on I manage to dig maybe 2-3 stacks out of the starting area... Not much really, and there's still a lot to go
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Supacreator Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:29 am

I dug about 3 stacks of stone... then couldn't help but end my session with 8 tnt. I just love the stuff, but limited myself to only 8... instead of like 40. Razz
Supacreator
Supacreator

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:09 pm

Alright, let's see. Today I dug about 5600 stone. I finished the first side which I started yesterday, and then dug a full second side (one of the shorter ones).

Somewhere along the way I ran into some random lava at a fairly high level, which I turned into obsidian. I then realized we had to mine said obsidian eventually so I created a diamond pick for any obsidian we might have to mine while digging the caves. It's next to the fortune pick in the tools chest. I mined nearly a stack of obsidian with it.

A bit later I ran into a new crazy maze of mineshafts. I gave it a try but quickly realized I was better off leaving it alone. I did manage to take out one poison spider spawner but had to retreat from a second one after drying and losing my 20 levels. I was lucky to get out with my full inventory. I also managed to lose another 10+ levels. Come to think about it, I lost the first 20 ones due to a very stupid leap of faith before I even found the shafts.

I also found a cave system that I managed to fully explore and mine out. Altogether I've probably mined about 6-7 stacks of iron today and yesterday combined, along with plenty of other stuff. Our coal is starting to need a separate chest. Oh, and I secured a zombie spawner in the cave system. Actually I didn't fully explore the cave as it too ended with shafts, which I didn't even go near.

Other random tidbits:

Like a Star @ heaven We might have to make the roof at about level 55 as above that level there's either sand of water in most places. Said water once pushed me off my ledge and had me fall to my death.

Like a Star @ heaven The signs in the storage are blank every time I go there, forcing me to relog. Does this only happen to me?

Like a Star @ heaven I was hoping to mine a lot more but I got sidetracked by caves, shafts and other stuff. I also kept getting twenty second internet kicks all day long and in the end blocks started reappearing which was the major reason I called it a day.

Like a Star @ heaven A zombie dropped me an iron shovel. It was awesome. Yay!

Like a Star @ heaven While digging I came across a 2 block water pocket hidden inside a massive wall with no caves nearby. What the hell?

Like a Star @ heaven While climbing a ladder a slime appeared from within the wall and knocked me off the ladder, nearly killing me in the process. Once again, what the hell?

Like a Star @ heaven I managed to fill all our current cobble chests so I put up signs near the bunk beds for 6 new chests we can use. I did however not manage to figure out how to make the fancy double arrows on the signs so feel free to change those.

Like a Star @ heaven 30 is apparently not the max level, I reached 31 at one point (for those that like me thought you would stop gaining experience after level 30)

And the best thing to ever happen in Minecraft... I went to the city to use my 31 levels on my bow, which I knew worked. I got Power IV, Flame I and Infinity I. In other words, I got a freaking SUPER BOW. Legolas himself would get jealous of this baby. Whenever I fire at a mob they either die instantly or burst into flames and die a second later. This bow is brutal. This bow is awesome. Screw swords, I never want to play without a bow like this again. I don't even need more than 1 arrow to use it! Very Happy

sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:09 am

We are getting so spoiled by awesome enchantments Very Happy, but it's good to see that we are well equipped.

So the stone you dug was out of the main part of the farm caves? I guess it doesn't matter what order we finish things in, but the smaller room still needs love too. I should find some time this weekend for a session, ready to get back on and do my share of the work.

Also the maximum enchant level is only 30 on the enchantment tables, so you can build up something like 90 levels and use it to enchant three things at once. This is really inefficient though because of how the amount of XP to level up increases as you get higher.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:22 am

You're right, the exp I gained from level 30 to 31 probably would have gotten me 5+ levels if I was at level 1.

Yes, it was from the main caves, it's more of a preparation to simplify digging it, though. To be honest I'm terrible with the whole shaping thing in the smaller room but I have been working on the dirt floor and plan on continue doing that. I suppose the roof is also pretty much ready to be put down so I could get to that as well.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:49 am

Holy mother of dwarves!!! That is one hell of a bow!!! Puts mine to shame D:

As for levels, there is no cap on levels (as far as I know), however, it's not calculated the same as before... Lv 1-15 I think take al the same exp, then it takes a larger amount for 16-30... But it doesn't increase with each level
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:29 pm

I didn't play yesterday because my internet was terrible. Today I made up for it by digging a lot... or so I thought. Turns out I dug about 100 more stone than yesterday, so about 5700. Smile

I also smelted a lot of smoothstone and used 30 levels on an iron sword. Got knockback II, which I have a feeling isn't too great.

I finished both the last sides and trainman helped a little towards the end. He also got started on digging out the bottom levels. Once that is done (gonna take a while) we can safely dig down from anywhere at the top and know when we hit the bottom. I'm trying to isolate the entire chunk but I'm not sure if I wanna dig out the roof levels as I had to fight so much water and sand just digging out the edges.

The whole thing now reminds of the first cube movie when I look down from the ledges at the top levels Razz

Oh, I also noticed you eat way faster if you do it while climbing ladders.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:04 am

Faster? Or just dont lose speed? Good job though
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:38 am

Faster as in whenever I stand still and eat I release the button thinking he must be done and end up having to redo it, while when I'm on a ladder he finishes it really fast. Now I don't know the time it takes to eat but I'd say it probably takes at least 1.5 second less while climbing.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  31trainman Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:00 am

helped sret with digging. Also devised a blast plan for removing large chunks fast. used 7 tnt cube fourmation to blast out a part of the chunk.

31trainman

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:17 am

Don't get through it too fast... We gotta catch up with the shaping of walls here :p trying to slow you guys down so you don't get bored
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum