Dwarven City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[EVENT] Enderdragon

+2
Dr. Steel
Brendanan
6 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

[EVENT] Enderdragon - Page 3 Empty Re: [EVENT] Enderdragon

Post  Brendanan Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:41 am

I've updated with a plausible time. Spectrumwars, what is the chance of you having your laptop back by then?
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:23 pm

Brendanan wrote:I've updated with a plausible time. Spectrumwars, what is the chance of you having your laptop back by then?

Latest estimated delivery time is actually Tuesday the 17th. And it's coming with just a very basic windows install, it's gonna take me a day or two to get Firefox installed, download and install Minecraft, find a good .rar unzipper to extract my old data from the external hard drive my friend saved the data from my old dead laptop on, and so forth.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

http://capiteterram.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:24 pm

Ok... If I change it to wednesday will that work for you? Or would you like an extra day over that?
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:40 pm

Unless something comes up that specifically collides with the set time I will indeed be able to go whenever
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:41 pm

So you are alright with the proposed time then? I will change the day another couple forwards to allow for spectrumwars to get his laptop set up
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:47 pm

The time is great, it helps to keep me from falling into sleeping-all-days-long mode
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:51 pm

Awesome Very Happy well, I'll delay it 1 or two days so SW has time to get everything sorted...

I have tried time and time again to get trainman and the others regularly using the forums, but it doesn't seem to be working
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:37 pm

11AM GMT is 5am or 6am Chicago time, I think. Difficult, but should be do-able on a one-time basis. Can't say for sure until I actually get my laptop, though.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:57 am

Oh, that's a bit early... If it doesn't affect anyone else I might delay it an hour
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:21 am

Brendanan wrote:Oh, that's a bit early... If it doesn't affect anyone else I might delay it an hour

I'd actually prefer an hour earlier rather than an hour later, as I'm more likely be staying up that late than waking up that early.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:43 am

I know the feeling... I think an hour earlier would put itoutside snate's times... See if he's ok with it...

I could possibly push it up to 2 hours later if we need to. Killing shouldn't take more than maybe 30 mins
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:08 am

So tomorrow's the proposed time. Is it happening then or not? I just wanted to know so I can plan ahead.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:10 am

No, I forgot to change the date... thursday is the proposed time
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:54 am

same time of day though? 11 AM GMT?
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:58 am

Yep, if that works for you... We open the portal on the hour... So get there a little earlier if you want to prepare
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:08 am

Brendanan wrote:Yep, if that works for you... We open the portal on the hour... So get there a little earlier if you want to prepare

At the very least we should have a bed near the portal to respawn in if killed in the End, plus a few chests full of basic gear -- armor, bows, arrows, swords, food, tools, blocks of cobble. That's usually my job on a server, to set those up and stock them, but without MC access until maybe tomorrow, I can't.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:19 am

I'll do that soon then, unless someone else can get on and do it
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:30 pm

30 MINUTES!!!
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:36 pm

Ding, dong, the enderdragon is dead!

I died first, accidentally shot at an enderman with an arrow, I think. Ended up back in the warehouse because we left during daytime and I couldn't sleep in the portal-side bed. Brought a bunch of spare bows and arrows from the warehouse, turned out to not need them. I think Mimodo laid the killing blow, but I shot an arrow at him at about the same time, so not sure. I know I hit him several times, which hopefully makes up for my not getting a single crystal. I came back to the overworld before I could get stuck in the end by my overheating laptop seizing up again.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:57 pm

Was quite the epic battle. Turns out Tetris theme makes good enderdragon fighting music too.

I got probably 10-15% of the crystals but hopefully made up for that with some decent bowshots on the dragon before Mimodo (or SW) landed the killing blow. Also I ended up with the dragon egg which is stored at the end of the Hall of Wealth until we do something cool with it. We all tried to split the exp among us and I think at least me and Mimodo got level fifty to use on something. All in all it was a great event and was worth the price I paid in sleep.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:27 pm

No, I got no exp. I died then you ran over my stuff remember... You've got it all... spend it wisely (Diamond pick or a bow)

Anyway...

After playing quite a bit of CTF in minecraft, and always choosing archer, my bow skill have improved dramatically, and I took out the majority of the ender crystals...

I also landed the killing blow on the dragon with my sword (come on, there's no other way to slay a dragon than lop off it's head). Then died because I forgot I took off my pumpkin fetching SW's stuff
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:39 pm

That river-town guy from the end of The Hobbit would beg to differ about there being only one way to slay a dragon.

And I got 49 levels of XP from the dragon, then backed off to not get any more, so others could have the rest. But I'm logged out in the end-portal room with nothing in my personal inventory but a pumpkin, so make sure you guys leave a bow, some arrows, maybe a little food and a sword in the chest in there when you clean it out, as I've got to get back to base at some point, and it would be a shame to lose this XP.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:12 pm

spectrumwars wrote:That river-town guy from the end of The Hobbit would beg to differ about there being only one way to slay a dragon.

And I got 49 levels of XP from the dragon, then backed off to not get any more, so others could have the rest. But I'm logged out in the end-portal room with nothing in my personal inventory but a pumpkin, so make sure you guys leave a bow, some arrows, maybe a little food and a sword in the chest in there when you clean it out, as I've got to get back to base at some point, and it would be a shame to lose this XP.

Very good point there. I remember reading the hobbit... Still got it (borrowed from the school 5 years ago)
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:15 pm

I've read the hobbit too, but never the actual LoTR books lol

Anyway, in my opinion the whole thing sucked. I was completely useless except for doing about 5% damage to the dragon. Then we decided to finish the dragon with swords which of course led me to hit an enderman instead and die when the dragon had about 1% health left.

The dragon died before I could make it back and I missed the whole epic killing thing, got no exp, and lost all my stuff. I then abruptly had to leave and didn't get to see the aftermath either (the egg and stuff)

Basically the usual story Smile but at least you guys had fun
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:21 am

Haha, I felt so bad for you. As soon as I said to wait for you to come back before we kill it, Mimodo landed the final blow.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next