Dwarven City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what did YOU do today?

+14
31trainman
Brendanan
Lorpius Prime
SDIAN(SD1AN)
jeffewing997
Mimodo
Splated
Dr. Steel
sret
requiemmc
Blackwind
Arrowave
3rdi
spectrumwars
18 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

So what did YOU do today? - Page 4 Empty Re: So what did YOU do today?

Post  Lorpius Prime Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:25 pm

Organized the materials in the storeroom, and expanded the stone hall to accomodate more cobble. Transferred materials from workstations in the mines and farms to the storeroom, and brought mining equipment (torches, shovel, picks, and food) out to the chests at the mine train station.

Went to the nether and filled several lava buckets (stored in the crafts section of the storeroom, in the "tools" chests).

Then I thought I might as well keep going with the lava vents in the store hall to cover the last few steps down towards the throne room.

This was a bad idea.

The landing immediately after the storeroom backs up into the main bed, so when I set up the first vent, there was a wall of lava just behind the bed. When I decided this was probably not a wise set-up, I attempted to dismantle the vent, but caused a lava leak. I did ultimately manage to avoid incinerating the storeroom, but the sign above the bed became a casualty that I have since recreated, albeit imperfectly.
Lorpius Prime
Lorpius Prime

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:20 pm

I temporarily moved the potion brewing apparatus into the storeroom to get started on brewing up potions to fill up the Hall of Magic. I also extended said hall a little bit and added a couple more chests and signs. I brewed up 36 each of Potion of Swiftness, Strength, Fire Resistance, and Health. The swiftness and strength are half double-duration and half double-effect but half-duration. The Fire Resistance are all double-duration, the Health all double-effect. None of those are splash potions. I goofed up on one batch of Fire Resistance potions and somehow missed putting in the netherwart before the magma cream, but I managed to sort of salvage it by turning it into a spash potion of weakness batch. I brewed up a replacement fire potion batch, so they do have the full 36. I also made 18 double-power splash potions of harm. The harm and weakness splash potions are in the weapons chest for the time being since I haven't yet extended the hall of magic far enough to have a place for them in that section. I have returned the potions gear to the Wizarding Workshop and restocked the potions chest there. We need ghast tears, but are fairly well set for everything else.

EDIT: Bren and I went hunting in the nether, came back after a while with a couple of ghast tears a decent amount of glowstone. I bred the last coupe of sheep for the sheep pens, they're now all stocked with at least 6 sheep of the appropriate color. I also sheared the sheep for a lot of wool. And I helped splated, Jeff, and Bren work on the ceiling for the new throne room.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

http://capiteterram.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimodo Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:16 am

adventures of a dwarf

The day started with a venture to the nether with the one and only Spectrumwars. With our bows, and potions, we took out ghast after ghast, collecting glowstone on our way. Eventually I died from a lag induced fall, and we recovered my items whilst being bombarded on all sides by ghasts. Successful in our little, fairly uneventful quest, we returned home with about 3 stacks of glowstone dust, and two of the prized ghast tears. 

After leaving for a little, I came back to sheep needing me to take out an insurgence of zombie pigmen in the lava mines. One had supposedly attacked him, completely unprovoked. I managed to take them out without dying too many times, and we retrieved his items. Amongst them was a diamond sword, one of the many created, which he had planned on taking back to the base. 

I stepped outside the base after a bit of work in the base, redoing it. I'll finish that later. Little did I realize, that the pigmen above the lava mines, which also happens to be right near our base, were also aggravated. Much to my dismay, after taking out a couple of them, I realized I still had that diamond sword in my inventory, dropped by SD1AN. then began the desperate many runs to retrieve the list items. Due to the flames, by the end of it, we lost my power I enchanted bow, 2 stacks of arrows, 2 iron swords, some armour, and a few other things, but, I managed to save that diamond sword that should never have been. 

The first adventures of the day complete. Later, when Jeff came on, and I was still in the mood for adventuring, we decided to set out on an overworld spelunking trip. 

All suited up with full iron armour, swords, bows, arrows, potions, torches, a water bucket, and of course, plenty of food, sheep, jeff, and i set out. 

Not knowing of any caves left unexplored in the city, we decided to brave the harsh sunlight. 

On our overworld journey, we encountered many passive mobs, slaughtering them heartlessly. SD1AN suddenly disconnected, either horrified at our treatment of the sheep, or scared for his life when we told him he was next if he didn't stop complaining about it. 

As night fell, we decided we couldn't wait for him any longer, so sought out high ground. Jeff and I had a little fun sniping skeletons, zombies, and creepers, before we found a small island, about 50 blocks off the shore. Camping there for the night, we waited, occasionally taking a shot at the mobs on the shore. 

Just as SD1AN Got back on, it the sun was starting to rise, and that's when I saw a lone sheep standing a fair distance away. Not even thinking about how SD1AN would react to this, I pulled back my bow, and took it out, one shot, from over 50 metres away. I think that's when SD1AN's heart broke, and his will to live faded :p

Anyway, eventually we found a cave to begin our spelunking adventures, so we set up camp just inside the entrance and awaited the arrival of sheep. As impatient as we were, we decided "stuff him, let's go", and began our spelunking adventures. 

Things went pretty smoothly. Killed some mobs, mined some stuff. Then we found our first gold. It was an ambush. Luckily, we had planned for this event. While Jeff was mining out the gold, from the roof behind him, out came a creeper. I got him before he blew up, but that was just the start of things. Before the end of it, we had faced so many creepers we swore there had to be a spawner there, as well as the occasional zombie and skeleton thrown in. 

We continue on, and later Jeff finds himself swarmed by zombies, and my bow just doesn't fire fast enough to take them all out for him. Despite surviving the creepers, he just couldn't take the zombies. 

I secured the area, and put his stuff in a chest, along with our currently collected valuable, and awaited his return. 

Somewhere along this time, sheep couldn't cut it on his own, and died :p

Anyway, jeff finally got back, and we continued, as spelunking trips do... Till he fell into lava, losing a diamond sword, and all his precious diamond armour, this time leaving me on my own, to face the terrors of the underground. 

I spent the next 15-20 minutes deep in the uncharted underground, shitting my iron leggings, but not wanting to leave because of the potential rewards. Those iron leggings no longer bore their silvery lustre they did when I first set out Wink

Eventually, I came out alive, and got given a hero's welcome. Whilst my comrades did not survive the venture, the iron, gold, lapis, coal, and iron lives on in our store room. 

There's also a chest somewhere down there that has valuables in it, so if anyone is game, go for it Wink

Another pointless story by me...

The rest of my day? A little throne room roof dig, and afk in the spawner. I got us a diamond pick, efficiency II, and unbreaking III. I began mining, and still have it on me, due to needing to log out quickly. Wasn't what I hoped for, but of I use up the pick mining, I'm sure it'll turn out worth it. 

Mimodo
Admin

https://mcdwarves.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:32 am

Did you just say diamond armour? o.o
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimodo Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:41 am

Iron

Mimodo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:44 am

Had me worried there for a bit. Very Happy

Sounds like you had a lot of fun, though (poor Sheep!) and you might want to add the location of that cave in case somebody wants to look for the chest.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lorpius Prime Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:52 am

I finished replacing all the cobble slabs in the entry halls with stone brick slabs. Saw a netherrack light that had gone out, and so tried to relight it. Instead managed to set myself on fire and almost died before I got the thing burning properly.

Then I went to try to help Brendanan make his way back to the mountain with his loot. Managed to get close to the coordinates of his chest, but fell into a cave and died. Decided not to make a second attempt.
Lorpius Prime
Lorpius Prime

Back to top Go down

Post  Lorpius Prime Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:45 pm

UPDATE: The chest is gone. A creeper managed to blow it up, and me along with it.

BUT, I had already been pulling stuff out of it when that happened and I was able to run all the way back over there in time to recover my dropped items. So I did manage to salvage all the gold and iron ore, the redstone, one and a half stacks of coal, and a bunch of miscellaneous mob drops and tools. All of that made it back into the storeroom, and I think it covers all of the most valuable stuff that was in there, though I didn't have a very long look.
Lorpius Prime
Lorpius Prime

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimodo Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:40 pm

That was about all... Nice work Smile

Mimodo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:33 am

I finally got time today to help out. Unfortunately, I have been struggling to come up with good and creative ideas lately. I spent a lot of time today just staring at the portal room while people were being productive but nothing came to mind.

I did however put some runic symbols on the floor beside the portal. The figures translate to "hell" from the Standard Galactic Alphabet, which is the same one used in enchanting. I like the general idea of runes but I'm not so sure about the ones there now. Besides some digging and block placing that's about all I did.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimodo Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:48 am

Ugh! Standard galactic alphabet... Try some proper runes... Like Anglo-Saxon runes Wink as long as it looks cool tho :p

Mimodo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:32 am

I noticed that the wood chest in the storeroom was down to a stack and a half of logs, so I went to the Tree Farms and did a crapload of chopping. Came back with seven and a half stacks of logs, put them into storage. That should hold us for a while. I tried to help out with the portal room redesign, but that didn't go too well. I experimented with a new way to hide the controls for the hidden door for the Wizarding Workshop inside a lava fountain, but it didn't work as well as I'd hoped. And an Enderman killed me while I was working on it, I'm just lucky I didn't lose much stuff into the lava.

I did a lot of digging on the Throne Room roof, and helped Splated come up with an awesome lava-core column design. I explored much of a huge cave system behind the left wall of the throne room, but not all of it. I also experimented with (so far unsatisfactory) chandelier designs for the Throne Room, and helped Lorpy come up with an experimental recessed-fixture concept for ceiling lighting, which I then installed in the Throne Room ceiling's center panel. It's basically a two-deep hole in the ceiling, with a glowstone block on the top of the hole, and a single pane, not block, of glass below it. Panes don't go horizontally, of course, but the + shape of a single panel with no other panels to connect to, at least in the default texture pack, is a very bright white on its edges. With the glowstone hidden behind it, it looks very bright, as if it's the glass + that's emitting the light, not the glowstone behind it. I may try it out elsewhere with jackolanterns, a more easily renewable resource more forgiving of errors in placement.

Finally, I went down to the old bedrock mine to do some production mining. Found 11 diamonds, 8 gold, and a bunch of iron and redstone.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:48 pm

This morning, I was digging the stone to the right of the stage when I uncovered an unexplored cave. I decided I go spelunking and maybe find some Lapis for the crystal. I didn't find much besides multiple veins of gold. After I had been exploring for about half an hour I stumbled upon this.
So what did YOU do today? - Page 4 8Kg9c
I was only at y=40 so I swam up to the surface to see where I was. Once I reached the top I saw this.
So what did YOU do today? - Page 4 ONAzu
Anyways, I was quite surprised to find an ocean so close to our city. Going from the cramped and hostile atmosphere of a cave to the openness of an ocean was very disorientating.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:55 pm

That ocean starts just about right behind our mountain. We've hit it several times. It's nice, don't you think? Smile

Also, that looks like a weird creeper face down on the stone in the first picture.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:28 pm

sret wrote:That ocean starts just about right behind our mountain. We've hit it several times. It's nice, don't you think? Smile

Also, that looks like a weird creeper face down on the stone in the first picture.
I would never have seen that I you hadn't pointed it out. It's a bit derpy.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Steel Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:14 am

I've sorted, smelted, fought hordes of slimes, creepers and other baddies and did minor things here and there.
Mainly because I have absolutely no idea how to continue mining the throne room or other things :<

Dr. Steel

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:21 am

Not entirely sure what to do next on the throne room or portal room either. So I went to the Nether and dug out the space around the Blaze Spawner to create a sort of Blaze Arena. Armor up, drink a potion of strength and one of fire resistance, and enter if you dare. It's supposed to be a more fun way to level up your XP than sitting passively in the skeleton grinder, and blazes are worth double the XP of a skeleton.

I finished building it to the same specs as the one on my old server, which worked well.

Some time later, I'd drunk a bunch of potions, completely wore out a suit of iron armor, died about six times, gotten a net total of 14 XP levels (would have been a few times that without all the dying), used up a full stack of arrows...and gotten a stack and a half of blaze rods. Well, at least we'll have plenty to make replacement potions.

Speaking of making replacement potions, the brewing room off the portal room is neat...but inconvenient. Now that blaze rods are no longer at a premium, I've built a compact little potions lab into the wall at the head of the Hall of Magic in the Storeroom. It's a nice place to brew potions to top off those chests.

I'm currently sitting in the Skeleton Grinder, having brought over a dozen or so fresh splash potions of healing. It's boring, but a lot safer than battling blazes. Perhaps someone a lot less clumsy when it comes to moving and fighting than I am would like to take a crack at the blaze arena. Later, I plan to make a trip to the surface to gather some sand, as all this glassmaking is depleting our supply.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimodo Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:43 am

Just please don't make big quarries! It looks horrible... Just take a layer off the top...

Mimodo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:00 am

Brendanan wrote:Just please don't make big quarries! It looks horrible... Just take a layer off the top...

That's what I've been doing. Varying where I take a layer off the top so it's just a gradual flattening of the desert and hardly visible.

Sigh. I went AFK in the skeleton grinder for four hours. Went grocery shopping, cooked dinner, ate dinner, did the washing up. Built up something like 300 skeletons, I think. Went from level 19 to level 23. Whoop de doo. Did someone come in and harvest them while I was gone? Or are they just still mostly dying from the fall damage somehow?
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimodo Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:13 am

Last time I did 100 I saw no deaths at all... A first... Idk why it isn't working properly... I need to set up a blaze farm soon anyway Wink

Mimodo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:21 am

Brendanan wrote:Last time I did 100 I saw no deaths at all... A first... Idk why it isn't working properly... I need to set up a blaze farm soon anyway Wink

I raised the platform they fall onto another block...still no good. They're still shooting each other before I can kill them. And check my previous post, I set up a blaze-killing room already. We've got enough rods now that an items-only blaze farm would be sort of pointless, especially since we'd still have to stand there so the spawner could create new blazes.

Anyways, I got up to level 29 before getting bored and running low on potions. So I went back to the storeroom, used the new enchanting room (you do know that the lever blocks some of the shelves anyways, right? You should move the lever outside), and enchanted one of those diamond swords someone else made. Spent 28 levels, got "Sharpness II". Which is pretty good, actually. Will kill anything but an Enderman with two hits if one of them is a critical hit. I'll stick with the crappy Knockback I sword I'm already using, I put the new one into the Enchanted Items chest. Take it along next time you go spelunking, just don't drop it into lava or lose it in some twisty cave.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:09 pm

I fixed the levers, they are now on the outside wall and have basic instructions.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:14 pm

Arrowave wrote:I fixed the levers, they are now on the outside wall and have basic instructions.

The one on the left works. The one on the right seems to do nothing. I tested out the power-weakening abilities, had to block shelves further with dirt blocks to get a level 6 enchantment for my bow. Got Power I, which is about what I was expecting. It's pretty good, seems to let me kill most mobs with two full-power hits.

I finally finished my trip up to the surface to gather sand. Brought back five stacks of sand and seven more stacks of logs to the storeroom, plus a few ink sacs from squid I passed on my way back inside via the moon pool.

I also went on what was supposed to be a brief slime-hunting trip into the throne room that turned into an impromptu and ill-prepared spelunking trip when I noticed the doorway someone left in the side wall of the throne stage. Got blown up once by creepers and had to retrieve my gear. Came back with a few openings to the ocean above plugged, 20 iron and a couple dozen coal, and a resolve to go back and explore more later.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimodo Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:58 pm

Use torches to block bookshelves for the enchanting tables... Works

Mimodo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:12 am

What did I do today.. well, Bren asked me to make the third floor of the nether wart farm. I noticed I needed soulsand which we had none in the nether (I realize now how ironic that is) so I walked out to the nether portal room to look in the chests there. They had been moved outside the room and on my way there I managed to catch on fire from some nearby lava. It didn't seem to stop so I was about to use my water but didn't want to wash away the torches on the floor so I walked out of the entrance before doing so. After extinguishing myself and surviving on 2 hearts I noticed something blue beneath the bridge. I then spent quite some time mining obsidian in what used to be our lava river. The bad news are we need to replace a lot lava. The good news are we now have 2 stacks of obsidian.

I then went back to the nether where I, Bren, Arro and SW all died by a horde of pigmen after Bren accidentally hit one. We got our stuff back and I logged off before more accidents could happen. The nether wart farm still needs to be finished. =P
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum