Dwarven City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what did YOU do today?

+14
31trainman
Brendanan
Lorpius Prime
SDIAN(SD1AN)
jeffewing997
Mimodo
Splated
Dr. Steel
sret
requiemmc
Blackwind
Arrowave
3rdi
spectrumwars
18 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

So what did YOU do today? - Page 25 Empty Re: So what did YOU do today?

Post  Arrowave Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:13 pm

Today I put a little obsidian island in the center of the Atrium to catch the water and separate it from the lava. I thought it looked cool but it shouldn't be hard to remove with an efficiency pick.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:07 am

That's not a bad idea actually... Perhaps we could have jus a single column of water down the middle caught by the island? Although I do still like lava Wink
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  3rdi Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:39 pm

Just realised I haven't posted on this for a while, the main thing is the cavern I've been digging for the last couple of days, the bottom is now finished, and will be ready for flooding with lava once some pillars have been put in, I was thinking using wooden half blocks to stop burning, with a stone base, I've also done some work on my house, and started cleaning up some of the cart tunnels, I'm going to keep working on them for a while, I quite like it Very Happy

3rdi

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:07 am

Will, suggestions galore for that chasm...
First up, the roof needs to be a little higher on it, and the floor a little less flat.

I'm thinking don't make it a lava lake. As awesome as lava is, and i never thought I'd say this, but i don't think we need it for this.

You know that lake you've got up on the righthand side, about halfway between floor and tracks? How bout we make a waterfall there? have that crashing down to the bottom into a small, but deep pool. Maybe have the water level of that a few blocks below the floor, like a sinkhole or something... Steep edges, like it was carved by the water itself.

We obviously need something to make walking a little safer through the tracks, since I fell down during the run to have a look at the area.

The lava lake I kinda destroyed looking for lava for the pit, so that might need to go... sorry if you wanted it :p

I'm liking how it is going though, just some suggestions, and I do have some more

Basically today I'm doing inspections of our progress recently, and the city in general. Technically I should be studying, but I need a break, but not long enough to get me completely distracted... As I progress I'll post more here
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:30 am

Well, since everyone else wanted something fancy for their apartments (loveshack, fortress of solitude etc.) I decided mine is the apartment of the twofaced
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  3rdi Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:35 pm

The roof was going to be a little higher anyways, I was just talking about the floor, but I like the idea about the waterfall, I had considered it, which is why I left it there, but thought lava would be better, I'l do soe fiddling later, see what looks good.

3rdi

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:45 am

Today I worked on improving the design for the ceiling of the tunnel to the Atrium. Unfortunately the lighting glitch with upside down stairs and slabs limits what we can do. My first attempt looks like many little stone supports in the ceiling which I think I like. I didn't finish it though because I wanted to see what people think before its finished out. When I have more time I'll try to do my share of the resource collecting, which I have unintentionally avoided lately.

I gave another look at the new chairs in the Eating Hall and even though they are an improvement to the old chairs, they are a bit to big for the cramped space that is the eating hall. IMO

Also, I looked at the third floor of the atrium and the designing process that is taking place. Everything looks good so far and I have no Ideas to add to it. I see we have reached another slow point again so hopefully things speed back up soon.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:13 am

Well, it's now uni break for me, which means no more assessment or learning, and band has dropped off too... this leaves me with a shitload of time to work, and play minecraft.... I'll get on now to check out those changes Very Happy

I'm going to get in contact with a few of the people who seem to have dropped off the radar. It seems people check in here regularly, but aren't posting very much... I guess that's good that at least they know what's happening... Anyone know what happened to req? Been ages since I've seen him... I only realised when I went for a mining trip to help contribute to our resources stocks.
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:18 am

anyone know what's up with the minecraft forums? I can't seem to access them on chrome, and I got onto them from IE, but it just dropped out
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  31trainman Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:31 am

I worked on my apartment tonight and talked with arrowave. That's all I really did.

31trainman

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:01 am

Brendanan wrote:anyone know what's up with the minecraft forums? I can't seem to access them on chrome, and I got onto them from IE, but it just dropped out

I use Firefox and they work just fine for me
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:03 am

might have to download it... everything else is working well
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:13 am

So, my day so far... I did a few city touchups... just things that had been on my nerves for ages (like that little bit before the mine tunnel... not sure who made it, and then left it, but I stole some of the idea and reworked it a little)...

I dug 2 inventories worth in the mines, using the unbreaking pick I made recently, and the silk touch. No dramas, we now have about a stack of coal ore Very Happy You know that little staircase in the brewing/enchanting room? Yeah, finally fixed it up Wink

I like the design for the roof of the tunnel to atrium. It could do with a little variation, but due to that lighting glitch stopping many designs, it should do Smile we'll wait for some more opinions (if people actually decide to respond) before we complete it first Smile

Sret, since the minecraft forums don't seem to be working for me (and I'm downloading about 8GB worth of stuff atm, do you mind sending a PM to sepatar for me please? Just check up on how he's going, and remind him of the activity on forums rule. And if you really feel like it, you could ask Req where he's gone too Wink
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:31 am

hmmm... not working on firefox either -.- must be a problem with my internet then...
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:10 am

Hrm, if I knew you were to download it I could've checked IE to verify it was your internet. =p

Sepatar pm'd me over a week ago saying he will be fairly inactive due to exams and will be free after the 22nd, I forgot to tell you that.

I would have a quick look at that tunnel you want opinions on but I gotta catch a bus in 5 minutes so I'll try to do it later.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:30 am

Ok, good to know he let someone know Smile I figured I should have firefox just in case I wanted something special (like facebook hacking), and this was a cause for me to download it Wink
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  3rdi Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:50 pm

Brendanan wrote:So, my day so far... I did a few city touchups... just things that had been on my nerves for ages (like that little bit before the mine tunnel... not sure who made it, and then left it, but I stole some of the idea and reworked it a little)...

That was me, I left if when you said you didn't like it, and I've been trying to rework it on my ssp world ever since to make people like it. The design for the tunnel to the atrium is a big improvement I think, but I think the half visible stone blocks should be swapped for bricks.

3rdi

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:57 pm

Did you see the change made to it? I still incorporated some of your design, but the original just dropped too rapidly for the rest of the tunnel
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  3rdi Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:54 pm

It looks awesome, but I was thinking of changing it slightly anyways and using it to decorate the atrium

3rdi

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:40 pm

3rdi wrote:
Brendanan wrote:So, my day so far... I did a few city touchups... just things that had been on my nerves for ages (like that little bit before the mine tunnel... not sure who made it, and then left it, but I stole some of the idea and reworked it a little)...

That was me, I left if when you said you didn't like it, and I've been trying to rework it on my ssp world ever since to make people like it. The design for the tunnel to the atrium is a big improvement I think, but I think the half visible stone blocks should be swapped for bricks.

Stone bricks or Red Bricks? I'll probably end up getting on again tonight and Ill change it.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  3rdi Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:49 pm

stone, you should see where I mean

3rdi

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:28 am

Yeah I know what your talking about.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:35 am

Sounds good then guys... Let's see this later (after another shift at work). Has anyone viewed the modified tunnel and have opinions on it (one between store and mine)
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:00 am

Ok, so I've been mainly mining again, since we're starting to get a little low on iron and gold. I did, however, change a few of those levers and hid them, so we don't have them standing out... And whilst admiring the work, I walked straight back into the lava pit -.- ragequit, time for me to do some music practice... be on in an hour to mine some more
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  3rdi Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:33 pm

Flooded the floor of that cave i've been working on, if anyone wants to help finish up, the ceiling needs to be raised a bit, and the tracks need to be made into a bridge, I was thinking half blocks, upside down, does anyone know if tracks will go on them?

3rdi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum