Dwarven City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what did YOU do today?

+14
31trainman
Brendanan
Lorpius Prime
SDIAN(SD1AN)
jeffewing997
Mimodo
Splated
Dr. Steel
sret
requiemmc
Blackwind
Arrowave
3rdi
spectrumwars
18 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

So what did YOU do today? - Page 24 Empty Re: So what did YOU do today?

Post  Arrowave Thu May 24, 2012 4:06 am

Things are settling down for me and I was able to get on and do some work on the city. I was unsure of what to do next on the Atrium so I turned my attention to the Throne Room which still needs a few more finishing touches. I made a new and simpler wall pattern that I copied to the rest of one wall behind the banners.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Thu May 24, 2012 4:16 am

Here's an idea... If you're ever having trouble figuring out what to do, start off at the entrance, and examine every part of the city, critically judging it, from the eyes of someone who hasn't been playing it for ages. 

Then take note of what needs to be done, or what could be improved... If its a minor adjustment, do it. If its major, such as redesigning something, do a small section, post it up on these forums, and see what we get... If its something missing were we should have it, add it in
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Thu May 24, 2012 7:09 am

In addition to that we should probably be on the look out for minor inconsistencies like torch placement or other things of that nature.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Steel Thu May 24, 2012 10:37 am

Sounds like a job for Captain Symmetrical OCD (me)

Dr. Steel

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Thu May 24, 2012 11:46 am

That's only half of my OCD Wink but yea, I did mean minor things like torches too... Just didn't say it -.-
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Sun May 27, 2012 6:39 am

I did a little bit on the server today. I copied my own wall design to the other side of the Throne Room. There are still some blank walls in there but the majority of the work is done.

Edit* Forgot to mention that I tinkered with the throne design a bit.

Last edited by Arrowave on Sun May 27, 2012 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Sun May 27, 2012 8:06 am

hopefully soon I can get back on to play -.-

Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Sun May 27, 2012 9:05 am

Ok, so i'm procrastinating a massive assessment, so what :p

I got on for 5 minutes, and noticed a few things...

1st up, love the walls in the throne room... even if that got finished in the same way, it'd be awesome... then just some touches on the throne and it would be amazing

For some reason I visited the old zombie grinder, and had a look around... It needs to be dismantled, since the spawner has been destroyed... There are a lot of salvageable signs in there (not like we don't have 2 chests of them). we then have that room for something... I'm thinking maybe we can put the obsidian generator in there, and while we're at it, a few furnaces and a cobble generator (obviously not necessary, but kinda as a little workroom for generating stuff... maybe a giant mushroom bit??? Just give that place a purpose)

I placed some signs in the housing on the bottom and middle floors so you know where the stairs are to save getting lost too... Next post, Farm Caves Very Happy
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Wed May 30, 2012 9:47 pm

I actually logged on for a few minutes today. I mostly looked around, but I did do a couple of things.

I inspected the throne room, it looks great. I decided that simple sandstone really doesn't merit a trophy column on its own, and replaced it with the carved heiroglyphic sandstone blocks that got added recently. I think they look a bit nicer.

I started up the hall to the dome and noticed that Lorpy's old under-floor lighting experiment netherrack fires were still burning. I put the fires out and filled in the voids with cobble, then replaced the smoothstone flooring.

I went to the Nether Portal room, love the latest updates to that hallway. We need to either replace the lava source block on that one lava fountain with the hidden switch, or else move the switch elsewhere, the switch for the hidden magic room. Speaking of which, there's a missing netherbrick stair block just inside the door, I didn't have one handy to fix it, or time to run back to storage and grab one.

I went to the atrium apartments. I was annoyed to see the back wall of one of the apartments ate a bit into the VLS oak farm, but oh well. Love the railings on the walkways and balconies, and the apartment interiors look nicer than I expected they would. On my way out via the tree farm, I used some leftover smoothstone from my flooring repairs earlier to fix some exposed cobble in the floor and walls of the tree farm, some of which were apparently caused by work on the subway line.

I have an errand to run, or I'd stay on longer and do more. I'm running out of stuff to do other than spelunking and mining on my other server, so I may be coming back here more often. Before logging off, I went back to the storage room and emptied my inventory of all remotely rare or nice stuff, such as armor and weapons/tools, so none of it ended up stuck in my offline personal inventory if I didn't come back for another couple of weeks.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

http://capiteterram.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:01 am

Fixed up the lava sw mentioned... I also converted one of the staircases to eating hall to stone brick, which imo looks much nicer.

Did a few calcualtions, and since the first world save, there have been about 25 minecraft years Wink
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:41 pm

25 years, eh? That's an interesting fact Smile
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:32 am

Gave a new member (Sepatar) a tour of the city today. He ended up unwillingly testing the unwelcome mat which resulted in it now being defunct on one side. A zombie somehow got through, which suggests a flaw, and killed poor Sep. When he came back and we were heading down into the city a creeper somehow blew up on the mat and left a mess in need of repairing (sorry!). I stored the arrows from the dispenser in nearby chests. You'll need to bring up a new one though.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:43 am

Shit... That means our lighting still isn't quite adequate Sad

What did he think of the city? He interested in staying? This is the first new member that I haven't personally given the tour
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:48 am

He seemed pretty amazed with the city but had to leave in a hurry. He said "see you tomorrow" so it looks like he'll stick around.

edit: Abioticlime joined aswell and seemed to like the city even more xD
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:00 am

Yeah, abioticlime only gets half an hour a day, so catching him is a rare occurrence :p at least we got appartments claiming in progress, so that people can at least do something if they can't be bothere with what needs to be done
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:02 am

Well, after splated left frustrated, I managed to finish off the redstone component of the unwelcome mat. It still needs another sticky piston, a dispense, and more lava, but the mechanical component of it is working to full capacity (after multiple tests on all settings, almost killing myself)
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Splated Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:15 am

Brendanan wrote:Well, after splated left frustrated, I managed to finish off the redstone component of the unwelcome mat. It still needs another sticky piston, a dispense, and more lava, but the mechanical component of it is working to full capacity (after multiple tests on all settings, almost killing myself)

sorry real life is in the way of my gaming and diablo3 is taking the left over.
Splated
Splated

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:51 am

Wasn't feeling very creative today, so...

I outlined an apartment's limit on the pit side of the apartment by digging a tunnel along the wall... So now we need to outline the other side, then we can dig a more "houselike" area.

I ran a couple of thousand blocks to find us some jungle trees. I came back, after noting the cords, with a couple if stacks of jungle wood, and 8 saplings. I also got a few lilypads, which we didn't have many of, and I managed to get us some birch, which to my surprise, we hadn't had any of yet. We've got a couple of saplings of both, but if we ever want to do something decent with that kind of tree, we'll need to farm saplings first.

I brewed some swiftness potions, and placed them in a chest outside the door of the store room (temp location), so people can navigate the city faster.

I did a little work on my apartment
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:33 pm

I logged on for a few minutes and harvested the wheat/reeds/cactus farm in the farming tunnel.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

http://capiteterram.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:58 am

my update for yesterday (forgot about it :p)

First, thanks to sepatar for finishing moving all that crap from the workroom back to the store... That is a pain in the ass job to do.

I dug a bit more of the upstairs apartment... not much, but it's a little more... It'll give an idea of size at least.

I then decided to start on the filling of the pit down the bottom with lava... I think maybe 3 or 4 trips I did to our lava mines. Not 100% sure, but I'm not even a quarter of the way through.

Realising that this would have people worried (I know half of you are wimps, afraid of plummeting 20 metres to your death in a pit of lava), I brewed up a heap of fire resistance potions, and placed them in a chest at the atrium, similar to what I did with the swiftness potions.

Have these potions been helping any (the swiftness ones)? I really only notice a difference with SwiftnessII, but then that doesn't last much longer than a trip to the surface.

Also, I did a little timing (just cause I could), and it turns out that a minecart trip from the hub to the atrium takes about 45 seconds. I based this off of ingame time cause of lag, and just counted the amount a potion effect went down. So even with fast transport, it takes more than half a minute travel Wink

Speaking of minecart tracks (I'm just rambling on and on here, anything that comes into my head), I think we can start decoration of the tracks. It doesn't look like anything is planned for moving of the tracks anymore. Even if it's just the first half of the tunnels you want to do, or just finish the walls of the tunnels. I know for certain that the track to the housing contains many gaps in the walls due to going through caves.

I think that's all for now, so... off to the other threads to get them going again
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:15 am

I got back from a short vacation last night so today I wanted to help out a bit on current project. I still have a job that will consume much of my time, but I'll be able to fit small play sessions in here and there.

For this particular session I was not online for very long. I ended up claiming an apartment and working on the lava pit below the apartments. I was a little surprised at how tedious it is to work on the lava pit. I made about 4 trips with all the buckets and still only filled in a small space.

Other than this I ended up half implementing an idea for navigation of the atrium. Basically I figured we could use the decorative block spaces above the hallways to the stairs in the atrium to color code the stairs and make navigation easier. Basically the way it is set up now is Gold=Down stairs, Iron=Up stairs, and Diamond=Exit.

It also seems we have had a lot of new members joining the project which is awesome. Many of the recent applicants have shown great interest in this project and I'm excited to see what they will bring. I just hope this doesn't result in more landmine incidents.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:14 am

well, now i know who it was that did a bit of work on the pit Wink It is a lot of work getting all that lava in there...

Still not sure who is responsible for the landmines, but the fact that it has stopped is good Smile one of the new players I knjow personally, so he'll get a good kick up the ass if he tries anything Very Happy

I just showed around another new player who seems to like the place as much as everyone else... the only problem is that none of them are posting here... I'll make sure to change that Wink
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:25 am

Making new people post on here has indeed proven to be the biggest obstacle =p
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:28 am

Well, not posting here means removal from the server, so once they're aware of that, it may encourage them a little more
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:49 pm

My day was pretty much just working on the dome. See the housing thread about it *hinthint* I kinda ragequit/left after falling into conveniently placed lava, which I may or may not have done personally 5 minutes beforehand... but hey, I'm working 8 hours tomorrow at double time and a half, and since I'll be up at 5:30, i need my sleep :p
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum