Dwarven City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what did YOU do today?

+14
31trainman
Brendanan
Lorpius Prime
SDIAN(SD1AN)
jeffewing997
Mimodo
Splated
Dr. Steel
sret
requiemmc
Blackwind
Arrowave
3rdi
spectrumwars
18 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

So what did YOU do today? - Page 32 Empty Re: So what did YOU do today?

Post  Arrowave Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:09 pm

I too dug some the other night a little bit before going to rescue Train and resupplying at the city. I can't imagine the amount of cobble we will have by the end of all this. We are gonna need more storage.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  Supacreator Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:01 pm

Brendanan wrote:Yeah, we're really close Very Happy

Anyway, today I...

Fixed the unwelcome mat. The problem was a glitch with the tripwire hooks, and a server reset fixed it Very Happy

Then, supacreator decided that a creper blast would be fun... So... I fixed it again :p

Did a little digging in the pit, then went out and got myself a new laptop Very Happy

i7 2.3GHz, 4GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 640M with 2GB dedicated VRAM... and a whole lot of other fancy numbers and letter combinations that make no sense to me at all :p All I know is... it's fast Very Happy Can't wait to try out minecraft on it Very Happy

I swear the creepers just liked my clothes or something, I got hit by 3 of them. one of those killed me, which was my very first death on this server.... history :/
Supacreator
Supacreator

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:11 pm

Arrowave wrote:I too dug some the other night a little bit before going to rescue Train and resupplying at the city. I can't imagine the amount of cobble we will have by the end of all this. We are gonna need more storage.

The worst part will be to actually move all the cobble into the storage. I was going to suggest that we use an enderchest but then they changed it to a separate inventory for everyone.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:05 am

sret wrote:
Arrowave wrote:I too dug some the other night a little bit before going to rescue Train and resupplying at the city. I can't imagine the amount of cobble we will have by the end of all this. We are gonna need more storage.

The worst part will be to actually move all the cobble into the storage. I was going to suggest that we use an enderchest but then they changed it to a separate inventory for everyone.

That just means that anything that one player starts, they'll have to finish. But use an enderchest, fill it, fill your inventory, run to storage, empty your inventory, empty chest, repeat.
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:11 am

Yea, at least it helps a bit.

Anyhow, I logged on to find that somebody finished digging out the floor above the dirt layer. I proceeded to putting the dirt floor in while smelting some more stone and doing some mineshafting (gathered several stacks of ores these last two days) and then Arrowave joined for a bit and dug out the remaining stone while I filled in the last dirt.

We're now up to the tricky part of shaping the cave.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:27 am

The mat isn't safe at all right now. I was inside of it and got attacked by a skeleton. I then got blown up by a creeper while posting on the forums. I patched up the floor damage and it also opened up a tiny hole to the wiring so I hope it didn't cause any damage (like 2 blocks damaged tops if any). Anyone who knows the place well, feel free to check if there's anything wrong. Also, the wiring needs an exit, I had to pillar myself out.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Supacreator Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:28 am

sret wrote:Yea, at least it helps a bit.

Anyhow, I logged on to find that somebody finished digging out the floor above the dirt layer. I proceeded to putting the dirt floor in while smelting some more stone and doing some mineshafting (gathered several stacks of ores these last two days) and then Arrowave joined for a bit and dug out the remaining stone while I filled in the last dirt.

We're now up to the tricky part of shaping the cave.

That was me. I also ran a load of cobble back to the city.
Supacreator
Supacreator

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:52 am

Ok, I'm at uni and should be doing work, but meh... let's get to some shaping...
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:11 am

Had a quick run of digging with supa (ok, almost nothing)... went to do a run to get food for us both, and java shit itself (because I disregarded the warning about using far with 32bit java... now installing 64 bit Wink
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:43 am

Food is something we need to start restocking more often. We're not exactly running out but it's quickly diminishing. Working dwarves are hungry! I've switched to the very replenishable mushroom soups and I found a room near the digging site where it's actually possible to grow huge ones (although there's only like a single suqare in the whole room where it will actually work)
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:53 am

Well on the menu for the next few days is mushroom stew and bread, with some rotten flesh to go on the side... Full meal there
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:57 am

That's exactly what I am having too
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:55 pm

It's what I took to the worksite... Figured we could indulge in a proper meal for once
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:15 pm

I took some bread then realized soup is the best thing for digging (kept the bread as backup) and gathered some flesh from zombies along the way
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:16 pm

Nice
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:16 pm

I find a stack of just about anything works well
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:19 pm

Of course, but some things like melons are great for fighting mobs as you constantly need to refill 1 hunger to regain health, while soup that restores 4 works well while digging where you often postpone eating until running low
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:30 pm

sret wrote:Of course, but some things like melons are great for fighting mobs as you constantly need to refill 1 hunger to regain health, while soup that restores 4 works well while digging where you often postpone eating until running low

Exactly. Which is pretty much what I said at the beginning, when suggesting mushroom soup replenished via Huge 'Shrooms as our staple diet during the early days of digging out our city.

Hence my usual practice is carrying a partial stack of bread in one slot for refilling large amounts of hunger when mining or digging, and one partial stack of melon in another for quick top-offs while spelunking. Both are reliably farmable in large quantities with a minimum of fuss. Now that cocoa beans are easily farmable as well, cookies also make a good top-off fighting food.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

http://capiteterram.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:40 pm

COOKIE!!!!! How do you farm cocoa again?
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Splated Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:08 pm

Brendanan wrote:COOKIE!!!!! How do you farm cocoa again?

Plant the bean on the side of a jungle log.

I wish ender chests where shared by all players it would be so fast to move resources from the store room to the mine. Sad maybe we could make it into a safe-deposit box or something.
Splated
Splated

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:58 pm

Splated wrote:
Brendanan wrote:COOKIE!!!!! How do you farm cocoa again?

Plant the bean on the side of a jungle log.

I wish ender chests where shared by all players it would be so fast to move resources from the store room to the mine. Sad maybe we could make it into a safe-deposit box or something.

I had the same idea for moving cobble back to storage. Hopefully they will add the option of shared enderchests.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:41 am

What happens if you put a stack of cobble in, and I destroy the chest?
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:12 am

Brendanan wrote:What happens if you put a stack of cobble in, and I destroy the chest?

It will still be available from any other enderchests on the server. If there are none...it will be in there when you build a new one.

Today I actually logged in for a few minutes before dinner (my other server was in the middle of a reboot). I knew I didn't have time to go find the farming caves, so I just went to the old farms and harvested them. I brought a bunch of food back to the warehouse, so there should be fewer complaints about there being a food shortage.

Why are so many signs in the warehouse suddenly blank?
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

http://capiteterram.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  31trainman Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:14 am

got back to the farm caves and dug a little. Bren was on but got hit by connection issues Sad

31trainman

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:48 pm

Today I logged on quickly and gathered exactly 2 stacks of coal and used it to smelt us 16 new stacks of stone. We should have plenty to work with now. I would have continued work on the cave but I'm clueless on what to do with it.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum