Dwarven City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Important: NEW BED

3 posters

Go down

Important: NEW BED Empty Important: NEW BED

Post  Brendanan Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:30 pm

Important! NEW BED

Ok, I have created a new bedroom area, with a quick grab armour chest, and a quick drop chest... SLEEP IN THE NEW BED!
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Important: NEW BED Empty Re: Important: NEW BED

Post  spectrumwars Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:00 pm

No, that's not gonna work at all.

The Main Quick drop should be closer to the door. For example, so people don't have to go way back inside to drop off the slimeballs they got from killing the slime that tried to ambush them right outside the warehouse exit, rather than take the slimeballs out to wherever they were going and then bring them all the way back here afterwards. A secondary quick drop chest under the item-grinder spout isn't a bad idea, so people can pick up the item drops and tuck them into that chest rather than feeling obligated to put them all away in their proper chests. Otherwise, half the players will be tempted to just leave the items there to despawn rather than feel obliged to put them all away themselves.

Also, we don't want the spawn bed so directly under the item-grinder spout. Think what will happen when someone dies and respawns: they will immediately appear in the midst of the last five minutes' output from the grinder, and will have to clear that out of their inventory into a quick drop chest before they can kit up and head out to retrieve their items.

spectrumwars
spectrumwars

http://capiteterram.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Splated Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:32 pm

when i changed the piston door theres less wiring now we may be able to build the bed back in a wall.
Splated
Splated

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:37 am

It won't work? What is it, 10-15 blocks further away? that's what, less that 10 seconds difference. Having the main quickdrop under the item spout makes it more likely for people to throw the grinder items into the chest because theey'll already be at the chest throwing stuff away...

And how long does it take to shift-click a bunch of items into a chest? 5-10 seconds? Not too much of a disadvantage to me...

But then again, it's up to you guys... I know how desperate you feel to run after lost items, not wanting to waste a single second on your trip...
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down