Dwarven City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what did YOU do today?

+14
31trainman
Brendanan
Lorpius Prime
SDIAN(SD1AN)
jeffewing997
Mimodo
Splated
Dr. Steel
sret
requiemmc
Blackwind
Arrowave
3rdi
spectrumwars
18 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

So what did YOU do today? - Page 13 Empty Re: So what did YOU do today?

Post  spectrumwars Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:57 pm

Today I did a bunch of spelunking in the caves behind the warehouse. I found a whole lot of iron and coal, not much else though, despite the caves starting out at pretty low depth. I also worked some more on the dragon-head bridge outside the portal room. My initial idea for the second half of the tunnel is not working out as well as I hoped. If anyone else has a good design concept in mind, be my guest in trying it out.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

http://capiteterram.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:27 am

I didn't get much time to work on the city today. I spent my brief time on the server destroying my old floor design attempts and replacing it with the current solid stone brick pattern.

I think that the current stone brick floor looks good, but it really needs a small amount of other material in there. Other than that, I think it is really close to what we want.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:36 am

Yeah... Have to seen the ring of stone slabs around the top of the staircases, just under the stone brick slabs... On the right side entering from the entrance hall.
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Steel Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:37 pm

Mined glowstone, slapped the living shit out of ghasts resulting in just one ghast tear.

Dr. Steel

Back to top Go down

Post  Splated Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:39 pm

I been doing actual work at work the last few days so I haven't been able to do much. so I been in the grinders working on the fabled "silk touch".

I build an enchanting room in the dual exp grinder lab thing. Enchanted 2 diamond picks both are.
fortune III
Unbreaking III
efficiency V

I'm trying some different drop area ideas see if i can get something that works on them. i find the skeletons are far better exp and one splash heal I, (a II is not needed) works extremely well.
Splated
Splated

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:25 pm

Splated wrote:
I build an enchanting room in the dual exp grinder lab thing. Enchanted 2 diamond picks both are.
fortune III
Unbreaking III
efficiency V

That's about as good as a Fortune pick gets, that's awesome. I actually prefer such a pick without the Efficiency buff, as the stuff worth fortune-picking mostly doesn't need anything faster than a base diamond pick, and the insanely fast mining speed mostly serves to accidentally slice through the blocks behind the one you're mining like a hot knife through butter, wasting durability on grabbing stone at best, cutting through into a lava vein that burns up the drops at worst.

Now that the vanilla game has caught up to the snapshots, I have rejoined my old server and started building myself a base on their new map. Jungle trees are actually pretty cool. But I haven't abandoned Dwarf City entirely. I've been continuing to work on the dragon bridge. I finally got a dark background behind the head, it helps a little. But I'm running a bit low on black blocks. I tried using wool, but the close proximity of the flaming eyes is a fire hazard on the ceiling, and the lava river behind the bridge similarly precludes using it in the walls or floor.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:13 am

So we need to fetch more netherbrick and glowstone?
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:49 am

Brendanan wrote:So we need to fetch more netherbrick and glowstone?

Netherbrick at least. Glowstone is needed elsewhere, but I've been making do with Jackolanterns so far in that tunnel. Obsidian works as well, I might go mine some more of that myself later.

I'm reluctant to go netherbrick hunting myself. The netherfortress where we built the Blaze Grinder is rather exposed, and difficult to mine out without becoming Ghast Fodder. And my poor hand-eye coordination and sense of direction does not make for a long life expectency when wandering the open Nether at random looking for a fortress.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:57 am

I meant obsidian... Oops.

And netherbrick is easy, just go for the pillars, and you're fine. I'll go get some next time I'm on.
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  3rdi Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:58 am

Haven't done that much today, like others I've had a few more work commitments recently, but I did some mining and worked on the ceiling of the dome, I've been trying to make a stalagtite with blue wool which we can later change to lapis, people are encouraged to fiddle with it as i'm a bit stuck.

I'm quite liking the tunnel to the nether portal, I just have to ask who designed it, as it contains rather a lot of pumpkins, a rather excessive amount I feel, does everyone hate glowstone, or do people just prefer pumpkins more?

Also, I have the silk touch pick in my inventory, sorry, I was returing to the store room before logging out when my internet cut out, it's back now (obviously) but it won't let me connect to the server, probably something at my end. If I can log on soon I'l return it, otherwise I'l have to do it in the morning.

Also, Brend, would it be too much to ask to update the list of what needs to be done? we've still got a few days to finish everything, and I think most of it is finished, but I'm not too sure, anyone else for that matter could list what is still unfinished.

3rdi

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:13 am

Yes I can, but it won't be till tomorrow, since I don have my laptop till then. Sorry.

I did have a Suggestion with the stalactite - I haven't seen it recently, but it seems too flat. Make it come down a bit more... I'll play around and show you when I get on.

I think pumpkins are as placeholders for glowstone
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Splated Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:24 am

I saw a Silk touch pick in the silk touch ores box.
Splated
Splated

Back to top Go down

Post  3rdi Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:31 am

Brendanan wrote:

I did have a Suggestion with the stalactite - I haven't seen it recently, but it seems too flat. Make it come down a bit more... I'll play around and show you when I get on.

That's what I was thinking, maybe each ring is 2 blocks down instead of 1, would almost double the height.

3rdi

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:29 am

The Eating Hall is getting really close to completion. I fixed all of the four archways to match the smoothstone/stone brick one. I made a few lighting adjustments, but I was unable to finish it because we are out of lamp blocks. All that is really left to do in there is to clean up the windows looking in on the lava pit.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:44 am

3rdi wrote:I'm quite liking the tunnel to the nether portal, I just have to ask who designed it, as it contains rather a lot of pumpkins, a rather excessive amount I feel, does everyone hate glowstone, or do people just prefer pumpkins more?

Someone else designed the dragon head, but I've sort of taken over that project and redone it heavily. The jackolanterns are my thing, I actually dislike the glowstone texture...but those new redstone lamps are pretty awesome. I think replacing all the pumpkins with those would be a good idea, but we're a bit short on glowstone last I checked and so yeah, for now consider the pumpkins a placeholder.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackwind Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:49 am

I reorganised the chests in the farm area and did both wheat farms. I'm not gonna to be on much for the rest of the day, homework.
Blackwind
Blackwind

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:57 am

Worked some more on the Dragon Bridge, and did a session in the Skeleton Grinder. I'd gotten up into the teens with actual experience fighting mobs on my recent cave crawls, figured I might as well make use of them before I manage to get killed and lose it all. Got up to 53 XP levels, blew 49 on re-enchanting that Eff3/Unbr3 diamond pick to be...Eff4/Unbr3. A lot of time wasted on getting 10 percent more digging speed. Ah well.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Steel Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:55 am

I'll go to the nether soon and mine glowstone and netherbrick.

Dr. Steel

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:56 pm

What did I do today? Thought about the city, and the progress, wishing I could play, to see how the one week challenge was coming along.
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Steel Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:19 pm

Went to the nether for two stacks of glowstone blocks, then reorganized parts of the storeroom, refueled all furnaces, smelted stone and such, patched up parts of store room with smooth stone and finally mined three stacks of obsidian Very Happy

Dr. Steel

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:34 am

I haven't been on as much lately, due to a busy project on my other server. But I did manage to sort the unsorted stuff in the storeroom and do a little obsidian mining. But the lag issues made it very difficult to work around lava, so I cut that trip short.

What the heck is that small room behind the painting at the end of the Hall of Wealth in the storeroom? There's a lone empty chest surrounded by pressure plates. Someone's idea of a trap? Schmuck bait?
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:17 pm

I think it was the old enchantment room. Although now we have 3 others
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:55 pm

3..?
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:58 pm

Store room adjustable, portal room hidden, and double grinder
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:13 pm

Since I couldn't do much else, tried to do some mining. Almost immediately gave up due to having to mine each block multiple times. Came up with a small project that would be difficult but do-able even with the lag: I'd build an anti-glitch ladder to the surface from the old bedrock mine. That way, when people glitch up to the surface in the mining area, they don't have to walk overland all the way back to the main entrance. Only died once while making it, thanks to forgetting that there would be an enormous ocean directly above me and thus not taking proper precautions. Full iron armor, 1x1x30 shafts full of water, and extreme lag do not make happy bedfellows. Got all my stuff back, though.

And so now we have a ladder from a small platform in the ocean just offshore from the taiga continent, all the way down to the bottom of a ravine just above the old bedrock mines. From there, a stairway will take you down to the rail lines. Or anyone wanting a pet dog can reverse the process to get to someplace with wolves, and back, in relative safety.

spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum