Dwarven City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what did YOU do today?

+14
31trainman
Brendanan
Lorpius Prime
SDIAN(SD1AN)
jeffewing997
Mimodo
Splated
Dr. Steel
sret
requiemmc
Blackwind
Arrowave
3rdi
spectrumwars
18 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

So what did YOU do today? - Page 5 Empty Re: So what did YOU do today?

Post  Mimodo Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:19 am

Complete redesign of the nether base. We now have multiple doors, a new track to the lava mines, and a storage area in the nether. Look for yourself.

Still need an interior designer to help out with the lounge though

Mimodo
Admin

https://mcdwarves.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:51 am

New day, new mishappenings.

Like so many times before, I logged on at the bottom of the ocean. This time it was night, raining, and there was an abundance of creepers, skeletons, zombies, and even a spider jockey was lurking in the shadows.

I tried to find my way back when a skeleton caught me in the water. As everybody knows; you're pretty much screwed if you find yourself in that position. I was low on hearts and too far from land so I dove to avoid the arrows but couldn't get away.

I respawned in the storage room (which I'm never going to logout inside again) and ran back to the surface to gather my loot. The rain stopped and the sun was rising when I finally saw my items. I started picking them up when I saw them disappear in front of my eyes. Had they been on land I would've beaten the despawn with mere seconds, now I lost the majority of my inventory.

Discouraged I decided to log off for a bit before more disasters were to happen.

The moral of the story: If you're caught on surface at night, rather face the monsters than go into water.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimodo Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:09 am

You're not having a good run mate :p don't worry, I know the feeling Smile

Mimodo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jeffewing997 Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:45 am

I've been digging the throne room and getting incredibly pissed off at the 4x4 holes in the scaffolding

jeffewing997

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:22 am

sret's disastrous adventures, part 3.

I decided to cheer up with some spelunking. I didn't get far until I had a fatal accident. Bren decided to join me going back, and we started getting quite a bunch of stuff. However, Bren decided to battle a cave spider that brought its entire family. I tried to help him but it was to no avail. We couldn't get away as we were stuck in about 4 streams of water that all led into a lava stream. Most of Bren's stuff burned and I thought I died safely. When we got back I realized that the water acted as a transport system to the natural lava incinerator. We managed to save 1.5 stack of iron (pretty sure that was all we had) and 47 lapis. We lost 95 % of our inventories (including a diamond sword..you guys gotta stop wearing those!) some gold and a few stacks of coal. At least Bren got his iron chestpiece and legs back.

Good job to whoever planted a field of wheat outside the tunnel shortcut as the bread from it allowed us to get those items back to safety. All in all we lost some stuff but without the diamond sword we probably profited.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lorpius Prime Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:15 am

Okay... well after Martin's and jeff's complaints about the dangerous scaffolding in the throne room, I thought I would fill it out with dirt and make it easier for people to work. But jeff came in and told me to stop (at lesat, I think that's what he meant) part way through, but then dropped out apparently for severe lag. So I hope I haven't caused some sort of disaster or something. :-\
Lorpius Prime
Lorpius Prime

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:36 am

Lorpius Prime wrote:Okay... well after Martin's and jeff's complaints about the dangerous scaffolding in the throne room, I thought I would fill it out with dirt and make it easier for people to work. But jeff came in and told me to stop (at lesat, I think that's what he meant) part way through, but then dropped out apparently for severe lag. So I hope I haven't caused some sort of disaster or something. :-\

Jeff has decided to fill in the squares with Obsidian, so the lesson will really sink that this scaffolding design was a bad idea. I thought about arguing with him, but decided it was both pointless...and I kinda agree with him. I'll volunteer to help take it down when the time comes, but whoever carved those idiotic 4x4 holes in the first place should do at least some of that work as well.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

http://capiteterram.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  jeffewing997 Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:46 am

spectrumwars wrote:
Lorpius Prime wrote:Okay... well after Martin's and jeff's complaints about the dangerous scaffolding in the throne room, I thought I would fill it out with dirt and make it easier for people to work. But jeff came in and told me to stop (at lesat, I think that's what he meant) part way through, but then dropped out apparently for severe lag. So I hope I haven't caused some sort of disaster or something. :-\

Jeff has decided to fill in the squares with Obsidian, so the lesson will really sink that this scaffolding design was a bad idea. I thought about arguing with him, but decided it was both pointless...and I kinda agree with him. I'll volunteer to help take it down when the time comes, but whoever carved those idiotic 4x4 holes in the first place should do at least some of that work as well.
lol I'm not actually going to fill the holes with obsidian, way way way to much work. Sorry lp if I sounded angry/mad. I was more surprised and confused. It did save me 2 times from falling from the very top of the ceiling which would have almost killed me.

jeffewing997

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimodo Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:07 am

Ask sret what it's like digging obsidian :p don't worry mate, we put it to good use. Used over a stack of the stuff.

So me:

Escaped from massive mineshaft/ravine/cave system. Gigantic! Personally destroyed 4 cave spider spawners. Others destroyed some too. Almost 3 stacks of lapis, which put us close to finishing the gem on the roof.

Almost completed portal room. Just finishing touches to do.

Mimodo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:49 pm

I fixed or at least improved the skeleton grinder. Tested it out to see that it worked, got up to level 49. Spent 48 of those levels making an awesome new diamond pick with silk touch.

Went spelunking in the semi-explored abandoned mineshaft structure under the dome. Ran into a rather strange structure of wood planks and cobble, was trying to figure out what the heck it was when zombies started pouring out of it. I'd blundered into the drop tube of the old zombie spawner, unknowingly blocked it up, and then stood close enough to it to spawn zombies. Before I could get it locked down again, got killed by said zombies. I went back and fixed it up again, then went to try and find the actual spawner to examine the design of this grinder. In the process I broke into two or three poorly-lit caves or ravines, in addition to the several sections of dark passageway I'd found in the mineshaft below. I explored those as best I could before returning to the spawner. Since it is hardly ever used any more and is not a particularly practical design, I broke into the dungeon and lit it up, disabling it. It can easily be repaired if we want to make it work again for some reason. Then I returned to cave crawling, eventually getting thoroughly lost...and coming out through the walls of the nether portal room.

One of the completely dark tunnels I'd gone through and lit up in the mineshaft had two chests in it, with nothing in either chest. I can only conclude that someone else crept through the shaft in total darkness, looted the chests, but left the empty chests behind. And never came back or placed any torches.

I had only one other stupid death today, but it was a doozy. The new minecart system had only recently opened for business. One of my first trips out of the new hub station, I forgot to set my destination first, and had to get out of the cart to do so. But the cart launcher has a low ceiling, so I momentarily suffocated with my head inside a block and took damage when I stood up. I grumbled as this was not the first time this has happened to me on this sort of design. The next time it happened, I decided to do something about it. While sitting in the cart, I looked up and broke the block directly above my head with my pickaxe.

Oh crap. Lava from the hallway lava curtain walls filled the block behind it, next to it rather than over it (and thus not giving any glowing drips to betray its presence). And since I'd put the cart in the slot I usually reserve for junk blocks like cobble when I put it down before sitting in it, that slot in my hotbar was empty, which meant I couldn't just plug the hole back up. Too startled and flustered to think straight, I didn't think to just hit the go button and get out of there. Nor did I think to stand up, take the momentary hit from a head stuck into lava, and then escape. For once in my life, when set on fire in this game, I actually remembered to try and use the water bucket I carry on my hotbar at all times for such emergencies....in a place where it was totally useless, as the cart protected me from the water. I finally got a block onto my hotbar, but only managed to place it such that it trapped me in place (luckily also trapping the lava flow, so it didn't fry anything but the spot I was occupying).

Lost my cart, the power rail under it, and my entire inventory, including an almost-new set of iron armor, a half-used enchanted diamond sword and enchanted bow, an iron pick, stack each of glass and arrows, a fresh load of food, and a gold clock. That's the second time those cool-looking but dangerously impractical lava curtain walls have killed me and destroyed my entire inventory plus one or more carts.

spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimodo Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:58 pm

You my friend, dont seem to be allowed to be near lava... At all! :p

Mimodo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Splated Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Yesterday, I dug a new straight track between the Dome station and The Hub i kept it deep to avoid as much as posible. I copied 3rdi track designs as they look badass! Redid the The Hubs switching tracks, installed my new expandable track idea.

Also Decide to call the cart depot "The Hub" from now on.

Splated
Splated

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:04 pm

Last time I was online, I kept getting kicked with an error message followed by being unable to reach the server for several minutes. I no longer logout inside the storage as I keep logging back in on the bottom of the ocean but as I got kicked in there I once again ended up in said ocean. This time I found my way back safely, but found something rather odd on the way. Somebody had used 4 or so chests + a couple of cobble stairs, which they ironically enough used as blocks instead of stairs, to build their way up a mountain wall.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:50 am

Today, I suited up in some armor and did a little spelunking. I thought about taking the newly made silk touch with me to gather redstone ore, but I decided against if for fear of lava.

Another thing I did was set up a small chore wall. The wall has some empty signs for people to post the small chores that need to be done. I figured this could help people who don't know what to do and want to be productive. It's also great because there is no need to visit the forum.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimodo Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:19 am

Except the forum is about to become much more vital... It's helpful tho

Mimodo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:21 am

Made a couple more trips into the abandoned mineshaft structure under the dome. Found two undiscovered zombie dungeons, lit them up and partially looted them. One cocoa bean, nothing else rare. Has anyone found a record yet? Also discovered a linked cave system beyond, pretty much unexplored. Had to turn back twice due to full inventories, so it's still not fully explored.

Sat for a while in the skeleton grinder again. Went AFK and had dinner, came back to extreme lag and 600 skeletons in the trap. Went from level 22 to level 44 with one potion, took like 20 lag-heavy minutes to just absorb all the XP globes. A few more sensibly timed potions later, I was at level 50 and could go make another pick to try for fortune.

Spent 48 levels on....Efficiency V and nothing else. Bugger. Well, we've got a great pick for collecting obsidian for decorative purposes. Or for the next time someone accidentally gets the lava river wet.

spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimodo Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:26 am

That reminds me... I still need to finish the lava river again. Unless someone else wants to do it.
Good to see spawner working Very Happy

Mimodo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:19 pm

The nether portal room is still dangerous. I was going to use my 7 levels on my iron pick and recalled there being an enchanting room in the hidden wizard room in the portal room. When I got there I got ambushed by a spider, backed into a lava fountain, and washed away the levers with the water I used to save myself. I had no idea levers can get washed away by water. I also have no idea if I put them back at the right spots. Luckily we have an enchanting room in the storage aswell.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:35 pm

Did some branch mining...found almost nothing. Sometimes, there just ain't any ore where you are trying to push a tunnel through. Did a bunch of small tasks around the place, harvested some food, tidied up the store room, posted a bunch of suggested tasks on the new notice wall there.

Then sat in the skeleton grinder again until I'd gotten up to level 51, and enchanted another diamond pick. Spent 48 levels and got....

FORTUNE III. UNBREAKING III. So not only is it a kickass pick, it will last a long time. I tested it out on those four diamond ore SD1AN found off the mine rail tunnel and marked off to be fortune-picked someday. Four ore yielded 10 diamonds. Someone else had the Silk Touch pick elsewhere, so I couldn't immediately test if silk-touched ore could be usefully fortune-picked later. But now we have both a Silk Touch pick and a Fortune III pick to test out that concept experimentally!
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimodo Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:03 pm

As little as it really matters, how bout we try it out on a hacked survival??? Save us the possible losses

Mimodo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:06 pm

What losses? Just use it on a coal block or something. Smile
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimodo Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:08 pm

Tru that... Nvm...

Mimodo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:11 am

I made a couple more trips into the abandoned mineshaft. Finished digging out the mossy cobble from the floor of a zombie dungeon, ripped the fences and planks from a bunch of halls. Came back later with the silk touch pick, dug out a half stack of redstone ore and a little over a stack of coal ore with the silk touch. Brought them back to the warehouse, placed the coal and re-mined it with the Fortune III pick. It works! Please don't take the Fortune III pick out of the warehouse from now on. And please leave diamond ores in place whenever possible to come back and mine later with the silk touch and take to warehouse for remining with fortune pick.

After Sret and Arrowave were having trouble with the skeleton grinder, I redesigned it slightly. Now there's a second lever up in the killing zone, and a second door up there. This way, the glitching skeletons don't push you away from the door which you open to toss in the splash potion. Instructions are clearly marked on a sign within the killing zone. I also made several trips to bring arrows and bones from the grinder to the warehouse.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimodo Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:16 am

Nice Smile so we have a functional grinder now Smile and a bunch of extra items Very Happy

Mimodo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:23 am

I don't see why we need to waste the silk touch pick like that. To not risk the fortune one? But then we just risk the silk touch one instead and use up both of them..

I just had another semi-accident with the grinder. For some reason only half of the skeletons ended up dying, and I ended up having to use 3 potions and some of them didn't seem to drop any exp. I need to learn how to make the potions as we're gonna run out eventually. If we need to gather new ingredients for them to replace what's been used I'd happily do that too.

I also need suggestions on what to use these levels on now that we have the picks we need. A super strong bow? A super strong sword? Another pick as a spare one?
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum