Dwarven City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what did YOU do today?

+14
31trainman
Brendanan
Lorpius Prime
SDIAN(SD1AN)
jeffewing997
Mimodo
Splated
Dr. Steel
sret
requiemmc
Blackwind
Arrowave
3rdi
spectrumwars
18 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

So what did YOU do today? - Page 35 Empty Re: So what did YOU do today?

Post  Supacreator Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:29 am

INDEED it is
Supacreator
Supacreator

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:17 am

Brendanan wrote:Hehehe Wink actually breed up a large amount of cows... Leather is valuable

I feel like we're getting back to the whole biker thing
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:18 pm

Oh wow... Trust you to make that link :p obviously it's just a unavoidable topic Wink although we want leather for different reasons to bikers... Never known one to read a book....

Then again, if you think about it, dwarves and bikers are fairly similar... Except we have minecarts instead :p
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:05 pm

So you say.
I'm now gonna need you all to read the following books:
Arrow Biking for Beginners
Arrow Mining 101
Arrow The Lost Art of Dwarvery
I except your full reviews by monday Wink

Yes, and our minecarts could totally use some leather for the seats Very Happy
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Supacreator Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:53 am

Just chilled at the double grinder for a while because I can't do anything other than that and farming without heart-gripping terror of laggy mobs, so yeah.
Supacreator
Supacreator

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:41 am

I'll have to check out the last one... The others I don't care about as much... And no reviews for at least 3 months :p

And supa, it's better than nothing, and certainly better than what I've been able to do
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:24 am

I would assume you need to spend way less time in the grinder to reach maxlevel now with the new level system.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:34 am

In the time it used to take to get to lv 40, I had 4 level 30 enchants...
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:35 am

Sounds like we can get a lot of enchantments going should we need to Smile
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:37 am

Easily... Hence my full suit of armour... Boots an chest plate could do with an upgrade (chest is only prot. III, and I swear there's a special boot enchant)
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:43 am

Brendanan wrote:Easily... Hence my full suit of armour... Boots an chest plate could do with an upgrade (chest is only prot. III, and I swear there's a special boot enchant)

Yeah, Boots can get Feather Falling, which unlike the other armor enchantments, eliminates falling damage rather than converting it to armor damage (and thus wearing out your armor faster). I think. Personally, the only armor enchantment I ever wanted was the helmet-only underwater enhancements of Respiration and Aqua Affinity.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

http://capiteterram.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:43 pm

Turns out featherfalling also eliminates enderpearl damage too, making it a perfect enchantment for supacreator Wink I'd use it just to jump from top to bottom of pit Wink
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Supacreator Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:04 pm

Brendanan wrote:Turns out featherfalling also eliminates enderpearl damage too, making it a perfect enchantment for supacreator Wink I'd use it just to jump from top to bottom of pit Wink

I don't know if that is actually fall damage but if it is then.... Yes! I suddenly have need to experiment

Edit- reread your post and thought oops .
Supacreator
Supacreator

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:38 am

Yeah, for some reason they calculate ender pearl damage as fall damage...
Man I wish I could play some more... Life is busy as hell right now
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:57 am

Got some time to play Very Happy

Doesn't look like much has been done though..

Anyway, I decided to add some cocoa beans to the small farms in storage. And to do that, I needed jungle wood, so I harvested 2 large trees of jungle wood (started with 4 saplings, now have 9)... So, we now have a steady supply of cookies Very Happy

Now, what I did actually productive... We've got a starting point for digging out the main cave...

I figure what we can do is just start with a large rectangle (for those who want to dig without thinking), and then we expand with the curves for those of us that want to try shape it... start with 4 high digging, then we scaffold in layers, rather than placing scaffolding\

I've dug out a small room, so, for those rectangle diggers (who don't want to have to think), if you dig maybe 50-100 blocks away from the pit, 30-50 to the right, and maybe 100-150 to the left, that'll give us a good starting point...

If anyone else has a good way of doing this digging, please tell me! I'm just struggling to come up with anything here
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:06 am

Oh, and if you're still unsure on what to do, we still need the floor replaced with dirt
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:31 pm

Couldn't you have done that a week ago, I've been having like 5 hours a day where I could've been digging =P

We'll see if I can find some time. I'll have a look at it right now. So, 50-100 blocks straight forward? Why so many more to the left than to the right? To avoid going towards the city?

I'm not sure what your plan for the scaffolding is but I would suggest we either make stairs, use ladders or simply use dirt pillars to move up and down (water is also an option). It would however be a good idea to figure out our vertical limit so we can get up there and dig down as digging up is a bad idea (you eventually end up falling to the bottom).

Generally I think digging out the edges of the rectangle is a good start. Dig all the way to the 4 corners, then get to the roof of the cave and do the same, then just dig out the gigantic cube left inside.

Oh, btw, I take it all the exposed floor in the pit and surrounding areas are to be dirt?
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:12 pm

Nice going with the cocoa beans. I found them and wondered what the hell these red lamps were so I had to break one to find out Smile
You must've farmed them a lot as we already have a ton of cookies!

I also noticed that half the chests are unlabeled again and I could only find 3 fences so either somebody has been moving stuff to the main storage (good job if that's the case) or is secretly building a huge animal pen tongue

I didn't get much work done but I noticed that our floor level is an annoyance with all the mineshafts being 2 levels lower, resulting in me having to add blocks instead of removing them.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Supacreator Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:28 pm

Just got home so after work I will finally be able to help again
Supacreator
Supacreator

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:04 am

Ok... let's see, what question to answer first.

Why so much more left than right... Look in the original farm caves thread where we have a drawing of what the farm cave will look like. The bay is nowhere near centered.

Yes, pretty much any exposed floor (except mineshafts of course) is to be replaced with dirt... The floor layout of 3/4 walls has been dug out, so they just need to be made taller

There was about half a stack of cocoa beans in there a few days ago, which I turned into cookies Very Happy Also, they grow extremely fast... and they are an awesome decoration too Wink

The signs is just a bug. Don't bother replacing them.. Sometimes relogging will fix the issue

I also think I did make a trip with fences at one stage
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:08 am

Ah yea, I remember the picture in my head now.

I added some dirt yesterday and I can add more. The annoying part is still the floor of the shafts in the new cave though.

You didn't address the digging so I'll just do it the way I feel like.

Oh and I'm also still wondering what height we're gonna go for as I really want to establish a floor up there to dig down from.

sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:47 pm

Here we go, let's see if I can post this without deleting it this time.

Today I intended to dig. To do this I needed some torches to mark the edges of the cave, so I went to the nearest shaft to mine some. I ended up cleaning out all the shafts I could find within the new digging area.
Along the way I secured one zombie spawner and found a cave spider spawner right behind it. They got me before I could get my anti-spider sword out but I went back and destroyed them and their spawner.

After I was done with the shafts I returned to the storage just to hear a creeper blow up behind me in the farms. One of the doors to the mushroom farm was missing and there's lots of stuff spawning in there. Before I could get a door up I had another creeper blow up in the farms again (we need to be very careful with that now) and this time I died. I repaired the farms and harvested them. The cocoa beans do indeed grow ridiculously fast, they could really use a nerfing. As for the monster problem, a zombie might've knocked down the door so I suggest we replace them to make the place safe.

I went back to the new cave and dug in a square pattern to mark out a huge chunk of cave that will be easy to dig out without having to shape the walls and so on. I started to count at the 2 wide passage into the cave and dug 40 blocks to the right and 120 to the left, then finally 80 blocks across. Bren suggested 100-150 to the left, 50-100 across and 30-50 to the right so I dug 80% of the max size in each direction to leave some space for the real edges of the cave in case this turns out to be the final size. I can't remember the exact original plan for the size, and couldn't find it either, but if we dig out this 160x80 cube we're off to a good start. We need to figure out the height though. I also managed to get a couple of blocks off because I miscounted the corners and entrance but the exact size is irrelevant as this is going to be a natural cave. For the counting I used the method of putting torches every 5th block.

While digging this I came by a few small cave systems that I cleaned out, and also a ravine or two. We're gonna have to dig out these ravines inside the cube. I didn't explore and mine the biggest one and all its intersecting caves, so feel free to do that. I did however die in a weird way (still not sure how I died, but it was by a creeper) by a creeper accompanied by a skeleton and 2 zombies. When I came back, the creeper and skeleton were lifeless statues bugged into a wall. I lost so many levels during all of this. I didn't go or mine anything more than 10 blocks away in the ravine but I saw an oddly placed single piece of iron which I grabbed, and underneath was a lava cave. I couldn't resist jumping down to check it out, and the first thing I saw was a diamond vein Very Happy

By then I had to leave for a while. I came back on later and went back to the city to pick up a fortune pick for the diamonds. I also picked up some dirt as we're gonna need tons for the floor. Before leaving I smelted all our iron and gold, getting myself back up to 17 levels, and then used those in the city to get my bow power II.

I brought a fortune III pick and went back to the diamond vein, just to have a creeper instantly blow up one of the diamonds. Luckily the diamond made it, so we only lost whatever extra diamonds the pick would've granted it. I used the pick on the remaining 4 blocks, got 3 diamonds from the first one (wow, these things are awesome!) and ended up with a total of 10 diamonds from the 5 block vein. I left the pick in the new storage in case we find more diamonds, it is nearly used up anyway.

I got 2-3 stacks of iron altogether, and nearly 1 stack of gold. I found one 16 iron vein (must've been a double one) and two 9 gold veins (thought those were limited to 8, turns out I was wrong. perhaps iron can be more too?) and I also found another diamond in a chest. Not to mention plenty of coal and some lapis (I don't mine redstone). Something I noticed is that gold seems to be more common that I thought, I found some pretty much every time I decided to dig a few blocks at any given place.

I finally replaced some of the floor with dirt before ragequitting after attempting to fire my new power II bow just to watch it vanish from my inventory as I did that. So much for enchanted stuff Crying or Very sad

I wanted to get as much as possibly done, not knowing if this will be the last time I can play as I'm leaving for my new school tomorrow. I'm fairly sure I will be able to visit the forums regularly but I have no idea if I will be able to play at all. I will probably find out sometime next week once I've settled in, and I will let you know if I need to go inactive or not.

sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:11 pm

I believe the planned dimensions were 200 by 300, but I'm not entirely positive.

Lots more digging to be done, hopefully I can get a session in soon too.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:07 am

Oh no!!! You didn;t know about the glitched bows D: If you can't shift-click it into your inventory, then you cannot use the bow... It is bugged, and won't work, although allows you to enchant it (lost a power IV bow to that)... Generally, to be safe, take a shot with the bow, then enchant it, or create the bow yourself...

Yes arrow, the idea was to be 200*300... I gave much smaller dimensions to be safe for edges and such... I also made it so that it would stop at the edge of the farm island... So... there's a shit ton more digging to do after this massive chunk is gone too Wink

Sounds like a productive day overall though Smile So, what are you going to school for?
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:25 am

I had a bow that worked, but I didn't want to enchant a 90% bow when we had unused ones. I suppose it's my own fault for being greedy Smile

I'm gonna give this one last try before leaving: What height are we going for?
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum