Dwarven City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Promoting Server? (+more)

4 posters

Go down

Promoting Server? (+more) Empty Promoting Server? (+more)

Post  Bran2939 Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:41 am

Hey everyone, I was just wondering, how would everyone feel about possible promoting the server? Obviously what we lack in numbers we make up for in quality in our dedicated, and strong-weaved community. But I was thinking maybe get a youtube channel for our server? Even if it's just another way for us to document it's progress. Obviously I'm not speaking for the server in this, it's just an idea I'm putting forward, and if it were to be put forward it should be done so in more capable hands pirat

Bran2939

Back to top Go down

Promoting Server? (+more) Empty

Post  Brendanan Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:13 am

I've been considering some kind of promotional video for some time now, but I don't have the video editing skills personally, and I'd like anything we have to be of the highest quality. A youtube channel could work well, and we could have someone record things like our fight with the wither (when we actually get round to that), and maybe a timelapse of the dwarven mining in progress too, as well as other random fun events too could work well Smile Honestly, I'm not putting as much time into this project as I really should be
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Promoting Server? (+more) Empty Re: Promoting Server? (+more)

Post  Arrowave Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:45 pm

I really like the idea of a Youtube channel or promotional video. Personally, I do not own any professional editing or recording software. We can always use the free version of Fraps, but it is limited in usefulness.

Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  Bran2939 Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:50 pm

I think there's a free version of fraps, but it's a full version. But it's wether or not anyone would be willing to get it. I already do.

Bran2939

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:56 am

I have the full version, and my computer is capable of running it while playing minecraft on far render. I just don't have the skills to compile the footage into a quality video
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Bran2939 Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:07 am

Same here, all I have to edit is windows movie maker XD and I needed a mod for that to export hd videos. It would be terrible for high quality editing though.

Bran2939

Back to top Go down

Post  Supacreator Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:59 pm

Brendanan wrote:I have the full version, and my computer is capable of running it while playing minecraft on far render. I just don't have the skills to compile the footage into a quality video

Maybe I might be able to pull this off? If you email me some "teaser" footage of the city's main points (The dome, Atrium, mines, npc village, the unfinished inner chamber of the farm caves, unwelcome mat, dinning hall, and throne room. Maybe the hub and nether portal too.). I'm not sure I have the best editing software but I know where I can get my hands on some and I think i am capable of putting together something nice. The footage just has to be well-shot (cinematography) and in decent resolution with as little lag in the recording as possible.
This is probably a bit impulsive on my part but i think it can be done
Supacreator
Supacreator

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:02 am

I'll do my best to make it look pretty :p give me a week or so to get around to it :p
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down