Dwarven City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What the fuck!?

+6
Brendanan
requiemmc
Arrowave
Dr. Steel
sret
jeffewing997
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What the fuck!? Empty What the fuck!?

Post  jeffewing997 Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:59 am

SOrry about the language but what the fuck! Logged on today and I was walking back to the storeroom to find a gaping hole under the door. I assume it was tnt but I'm not sure, they had wired it pretty far back in the throne room. I didn't find any damage to the store room but the wiring on the door is going to need to be redone. Here's the damage
What the fuck!? 2012-04-29_195230
What the fuck!? 2012-04-29_195306
What the fuck!? 2012-04-29_195309
Edit: I'll go dig up the wiring and take pictures

jeffewing997

Back to top Go down

What the fuck!? Empty Re: What the fuck!?

Post  sret Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:04 am

Say what? Shocked

The had wired what into the throne room?

This sounds like it needs to be investigated, especially if it's actually sabotage, which I hope it isn't.

sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jeffewing997 Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:11 am

sret wrote:Say what? Shocked

The had wired what into the throne room?

This sounds like it needs to be investigated, especially if it's actually sabotage, which I hope it isn't.

Ya idk, I was walking along the carpet and say a pressure plate and though "that's weird, I wonder what it does" I step on it and nothing, until I got the the door. At least it didn't get any chest, does worry me. What if someone is sabatoging us? If they are could there be more around?

jeffewing997

Back to top Go down

Post  jeffewing997 Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:15 am

upon firther inspection: It's a really basic wiring, a single repater. Good thing though; whoever did it found a diamond vein.

jeffewing997

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Steel Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:56 am

jeffewing997 wrote:upon firther inspection: It's a really basic wiring, a single repater. Good thing though; whoever did it found a diamond vein.
This is why I love karma.

Also, there's random stone pressure plates all over the place! Don't step on those, although I'm dismantling them now. The first two didn't have any wiring below or near.

Edit: Inspected most tunnels, the atrium, dome, entrance, farms and nether room. Only found a pressure plate in the valuables hall and in front of the food hall. Removed both and checked for redstone near it.

Dr. Steel

Back to top Go down

Post  jeffewing997 Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:09 pm

Just watch where you walk, as long as you're not on smoothstone you shouldn't have a problem spotting the pressure plates.

jeffewing997

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:44 pm

I suppose it wouldn't be a huge underground stone city without a mystery. If there's anyone sabotaging us, we should try to find him before he does any major damage. However, I feel like if that was his intention he could've easily done it already so I'm thinking it's just somebody having a laugh.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Tue May 01, 2012 12:57 am

Shocked I don't really know what to think about this.
If there is a saboteur among us then we need to be a bit more observant of things like supplies of gunpowder and sand.

With the present situation, was anyone online last yesterday about 4 hours ahead of the current time? My thinking is that this was done very recently and last night the server showed that a single lone person was online. I am not trying to make accusations or anything it is just an idea.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  requiemmc Tue May 01, 2012 5:30 am

Arrowave wrote: Shocked I don't really know what to think about this.
If there is a saboteur among us then we need to be a bit more observant of things like supplies of gunpowder and sand.

With the present situation, was anyone online last yesterday about 4 hours ahead of the current time? My thinking is that this was done very recently and last night the server showed that a single lone person was online. I am not trying to make accusations or anything it is just an idea.

wow i cant get on for 4 days and and someone pulls this kind of stunt.

i guess this is what we get for having too much gunpowder people start blowing things up for a giggle. Sad

requiemmc

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Tue May 01, 2012 7:49 am

I have my thoughts... jeff, what time did you notice this??? I can pinpoint the approximate time that it happened, and narrow it down to a couple of people...
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Tue May 01, 2012 7:49 am

but whoever did this is best to fess up now and explain themselves
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Tue May 01, 2012 8:02 am

I haven't been on for a few days, so it ain't me. We've got an epidemic of griefing going on on my other server as well. Is it a full moon or something?
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

http://capiteterram.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Tue May 01, 2012 8:53 am

Well, just so you guys know, I did an xray texturepack search, and found no more suspicious tunnels that housed redstone wiring, but still be wary... Note, this was just a texturepack, so I could not actually even see ores hidden underground, it was pretty much a view of tunnels around the place... like what you could see when you got your head stuck in leaves a few versions back
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  requiemmc Tue May 01, 2012 10:47 am

Brendanan wrote:Well, just so you guys know, I did an xray texturepack search, and found no more suspicious tunnels that housed redstone wiring, but still be wary... Note, this was just a texturepack, so I could not actually even see ores hidden underground, it was pretty much a view of tunnels around the place... like what you could see when you got your head stuck in leaves a few versions back

I did the same thing earlier

I did notice sets of burning netherack under sections of floor between the entrance hall and the Store room
is their any reason for it?

I had noticed a few times there was smoke particles coming up from the floor but i had always thought it was the torches from the rail line.

The ceiling of the portal room could do with some back filling too. there are a few places where mobs spawn in the roof and get trapped this causes the occasional mob to spawn in the portal room.

I found a few places where people have not properly back filled holes but the portal room seems to be the only place where I have been attacked by mobs.

requiemmc

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Tue May 01, 2012 12:44 pm

Seen glitching in portal room, never been attacked. I like the smoke effect made from the fire
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Steel Tue May 01, 2012 12:46 pm

Thought that was purely decorational. I've popped some holes in the floor a couple of times to see where the smoke came from :>

Dr. Steel

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Tue May 01, 2012 12:47 pm

I didn't make it, but I did mention doing something like that ages ago, and apparently someone listened... Looks awesome IMO
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Tue May 01, 2012 1:09 pm

The burning netherrack under the floor of the tunnel between the dome and the portal room is the leftovers of a test for a floor-lighting scheme Lorpius Prime came up with back when the tunnel was fairly new. I don't remember the details, but I think it was for burning netherrack under glass. After a few test fixtures were installed, he decided it didn't work well enough to be worth the noise and lag, so he removed it. But whether for lack of time, lack of attention span, or simply because it amused him at the time, on a couple of the installations he merely covered them up with new flooring material, and didn't remove or extinguish the burning test fires.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

http://capiteterram.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Steel Tue May 01, 2012 2:11 pm

Well, we better have either all burning or none burning...so time for some flint 'n steel :>

Dr. Steel

Back to top Go down

Post  Splated Tue May 01, 2012 5:12 pm

wasn't me, last thing I would want is to rewire any doors Sad

I did a quick look at the tracks and the mine cart station, everything seems normal.
Splated
Splated

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Steel Tue May 01, 2012 7:05 pm

We might want to watch for detector rails, indeed..

Dr. Steel

Back to top Go down

Post  jeffewing997 Wed May 02, 2012 3:13 am

Brendanan wrote:I have my thoughts... jeff, what time did you notice this??? I can pinpoint the approximate time that it happened, and narrow it down to a couple of people...
I posted the pictures about 5 minutes after the explosion, so around 12:04 AM PST (-8 GMT I think)

jeffewing997

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Wed May 02, 2012 5:11 am

I'll look at the logs and see if I can pinpoint a time...

I have removed all players from the whitelist who haven't played in some time
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  requiemmc Wed May 02, 2012 6:10 am

you might want to see if you can configure the server to restrict who can place TNT (and possibly lava/ water)

both can be used to cause problems.

requiemmc

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Wed May 02, 2012 6:52 am

If we went off vanilla, I'd do it just on TNT
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum