Dwarven City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestions/Ideas Thread

+4
Brendanan
jeffewing997
Mimodo
Blackwind
8 posters

Go down

Suggestions/Ideas Thread Empty Suggestions/Ideas Thread

Post  Blackwind Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:49 am

This thread is for any ideas you might have.
Blackwind
Blackwind

Back to top Go down

Suggestions/Ideas Thread Empty Re: Suggestions/Ideas Thread

Post  Mimodo Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:37 am

sounds good Smile then if an idea takes hold enough, we can create another thread for it

Mimodo
Admin

https://mcdwarves.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jeffewing997 Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:45 am

warehouse. Our storeroom is overflowing imo. I don't know if anyone watches etho's videos but he has a pretty cool design utilizing the light glitch where light goes through stairs. I'll try to find the video.

jeffewing997

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:40 pm

Done already... enter store room, turn right... talk straight... over 60 chests there
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackwind Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:09 am

jeffewing997 wrote:warehouse. Our storeroom is overflowing imo. I don't know if anyone watches etho's videos but he has a pretty cool design utilizing the light glitch where light goes through stairs. I'll try to find the video.
That glitch was outdated.
Blackwind
Blackwind

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:51 am

Blackwind wrote:
jeffewing997 wrote:warehouse. Our storeroom is overflowing imo. I don't know if anyone watches etho's videos but he has a pretty cool design utilizing the light glitch where light goes through stairs. I'll try to find the video.
That glitch was outdated.

Yeah, light no longer passes through stairs and other "transparent blocks" such as slabs, which is why the tunnel from the dome to the warehouse needed those gaps in the slab-based design to let the light from the lava curtains out. But half-slabs and other blocks marked "transparent" still don't impede the opening of chests, which is why we can stack chests vertically, and why those coal chests embedded in the floor under stone slabs in front of the furnaces/crafting tables at the end of each row of chests in the warehouse can still be opened, yet are shrouded in permanent darkness beneath those slabs.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

http://capiteterram.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  3rdi Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:44 am

Slight two pronged idea i've been thinking about for a while, first part is a new tunnel in the nether to find another, more mineable, nether fortress. I spent a lot of time yesterday walking around the nether trying to find one, but couldn't see any, the second part I'd like to entitle the 'nether pacification programme', thought it might be nice to spruce up our nether base a bit, make it a little home away from home. I'd thought we could build some type of motte and bailey type thing, but instead of high reaching towers have more squat bunkers, like our overworld entrance, we are dwarves after all Razz

3rdi

Back to top Go down

Post  requiemmc Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:47 am

I found another nether fortress that has spawned under the netherack.

to find it go to the blaze spawner go down to the crusher go through the door then walk over the crusher circuits then follow the tunnel until you hit the pillar of gravel then keep going straight ahead throuth the 1 x 2 tunnel
(Its very long) then go up the cobble blocks

you will need to take lots of torches its very dark in side.

requiemmc

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackwind Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:14 am

Well I've been having troubles with the computer lately so I might not be able to get on. And chances are I can't get on on the weekend.
Blackwind
Blackwind

Back to top Go down

Post  3rdi Tue May 01, 2012 10:53 pm

Ok, got an idea for decorating the mine tunnels around the place, but first can somebody please confirm whether or not mobs will spawn on blocks that have track on top?

3rdi

Back to top Go down

Post  3rdi Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:47 pm

Ok now that Brend's given the go-ahed for decorating the tracks I'd like to reraise the previous question, also, if anyone takes the track to the atrium often they'll know it goes through a cave, instead of blocking that up, how about we turn it into an chasm that the track can cross on a bridge?

3rdi

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:41 pm

Sadly, singular mobs can spawn inside none solid blocks such as pressure plates, signs, and tracks. But if we want to do a dim lighted track we can put glass panes above the tracks which will stop the spawning and will also allow the players to not suffocate and see clearly.

Also I like the idea of a bridge over a small cavern for the track.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:06 am

Not glass... Don't do that, cause if for some reason you need to get out (small slime for example), you'll need to break the glass...

I do think it'd be cool to have it go over a chasm... More digging!!! Very Happy
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  3rdi Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:06 am

Brendanan wrote:I do think it'd be cool to have it go over a chasm... More digging!!! Very Happy

I've already started, you should be able to see it if you take a cart to the atrium, i'm kinda unsure of dimensions so i'm just hacking away

3rdi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down