Rules of the project

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rules of the project

Post  sret on Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:40 am

It's vital that everybody read and understand this section before partaking in the project. Rule #3 and #5 includes discussing on the forums. 

1. No hacking, modding, or anything that can be considered cheating. 

2. No griefing. Not even in a jokingly fashion. It's a big no-no. This includes things like hidden rooms. For major griefing, this is your only warning. It will be rewarded with a permanent ban from the project.

3. No swearing. This is just common sense, especially when there will be people of younger age around. Keep language as clean as possible. We want a nice and friendly atmosphere.

4. No hoarding of items. Everything we collect belongs to the city, nobody is to keep any item from anyone else. The only personal items would be necessities such as your armor and tools. If you leave stuff anywhere, even in your personal dwelling, it's free to be taken. And it's required to leave everything you don't specifically need at any given time in a common storage. Hiding items will be seen as griefing and punished accordingly. Keep in mind that this is a community project where we do everything together and there shouldn't be a need for any form of greed.

5. You must stay active, both on the forums, and once the server is up, on that too. If you are inactive for over a week period of time without posting in the inactivity thread, or notifying either me (Brendanan) or Sret, you will be removed from the project. We need everyone to be dedicated to this project if it is going to succeed. 

More rules might be added should the need arise. These are just vital ones for the best of the project. If you think of something else that would be needed, feel free to propose it. Remember; we're doing this together.
sret
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rules of the project

Post  Mimodo on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:32 am

Just to add to what sret said with rule 5

We share all resources. Anything built is to be common knowledge and No chests are to be hidden. We WILL find any hidden rooms and chests, and this WILL result in an instant ban. Don't even do it jokingly. 

You won't need to worry about resources going missing. If you really need something you've found for later use, put a sign next to the chest, and hopefully people will respect your wishes, and not take the items. 

Mimodo
Admin

View user profile http://mcdwarves.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Splated on Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:34 pm

sret wrote:
5. No hoarding of items. Everything we collect belongs to the city, nobody is to keep any item from anyone else. The only personal items would be necessities such as your armor and tools. If you leave stuff anywhere, even in your personal dwelling, it's free to be taken. And it's required to leave everything you don't specifically need at any given time in a common storage. Hiding items will be seen as griefing and punished accordingly. Keep in mind that this is a community project where we do everything together and there shouldn't be a need for any form of greed.

What about enchanted items?

Would they be a community item and stored for later use, or should the person who spent exp on them be allowed to store them for later personal use?
Splated

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars on Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:42 pm

Splated wrote:
sret wrote:
5. No hoarding of items. Everything we collect belongs to the city, nobody is to keep any item from anyone else. The only personal items would be necessities such as your armor and tools. If you leave stuff anywhere, even in your personal dwelling, it's free to be taken. And it's required to leave everything you don't specifically need at any given time in a common storage. Hiding items will be seen as griefing and punished accordingly. Keep in mind that this is a community project where we do everything together and there shouldn't be a need for any form of greed.

What about enchanted items?

Would they be a community item and stored for later use, or should the person who spent exp on them be allowed to store them for later personal use?

I think most enchanting will be done by people whose "job" it is to sit in an XP grinder and level grind until they hit 50, then enchant something. The enchanted items will them be passed out on the basis of need.

Alternatively, we can reward particularly productive or helpful members with first dibs on new enchanted items, et cetera.

Probably a mix of the two. But particularly nice enchanted items should probably be put into a chest before you log off, so someone else can use them in the meantime. We don't want our first and only Fortune III Diamond Pick to be in the personal inventory of someone who logs out and then doesn't come back for three days.
spectrumwars

View user profile http://capiteterram.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Splated on Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:15 pm

Maybe the "enchanters" can regularly duel others so the randomly gathered orbs aren't lost on accidental lava deaths.
Splated

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sret on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:28 pm

When we have an exp grinder up we wont have to care about randomly gathered exp orbs.

And yes, good idea, we should definitely make sure to store our enchanted picks when logging off. I don't think we should "reward" anyone with the best picks though, they should simply be handed to whoever is doing a task where they are most useful.
sret
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  phflack on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:41 pm

like give efficiency/unbreaking to those digging out huge caverns?
and then fortune/silk touch to those in the mines?

phflack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimodo on Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:39 am

Im not sure about enchanting what we use for the main caverns yet... We'll find out.

An idea though... Silk touch every diamond you get (once we have silk touch) then take it back to base and fortune in Wink

Mimodo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave on Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:12 am

About how long does one have to be gone without notice to be kicked off the project? Occasionally I like to take breaks from games to play or do something else (Skyrim).
Arrowave

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars on Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:50 am

Arrowave wrote:About how long does one have to be gone without notice to be kicked off the project? Occasionally I like to take breaks from games to play or do something else (Skyrim).

Depends whether you've self-selected yourself or been declared by acclamation to be the guy in charge of (and therefore responsible for) any projects that remain unfinished. If you leave an XP grinder or a farm you're in charge of building half-completed and disappear for a month without any sort of notice, yeah, we might not exactly welcome you back cheerfully. If you post on the forum "Sorry guys, gonna have to take a break from MC for a week or two, can someone else finish that extension to the secondary cobblestone storage vault I was working on," no one is gonna quibble or grumble. If you're one of the many people who log on when they can and just take whatever job seems to need doing at the time...we may not even notice you were gone, depending on how many people there are on the server when we get it going.
spectrumwars

View user profile http://capiteterram.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave on Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:55 am

spectrumwars wrote:
Arrowave wrote:About how long does one have to be gone without notice to be kicked off the project? Occasionally I like to take breaks from games to play or do something else (Skyrim).

Depends whether you've self-selected yourself or been declared by acclamation to be the guy in charge of (and therefore responsible for) any projects that remain unfinished. If you leave an XP grinder or a farm you're in charge of building half-completed and disappear for a month without any sort of notice, yeah, we might not exactly welcome you back cheerfully. If you post on the forum "Sorry guys, gonna have to take a break from MC for a week or two, can someone else finish that extension to the secondary cobblestone storage vault I was working on," no one is gonna quibble or grumble. If you're one of the many people who log on when they can and just take whatever job seems to need doing at the time...we may not even notice you were gone, depending on how many people there are on the server when we get it going.
Ok, sounds like it will be pretty flexible.
Arrowave

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimodo on Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:14 am

If you're gone for a week, then we'll definitely start to question you. I'd prefer you get on at least twice a week if at all possible, even if it's just for 5 minutes to let us know you're still around

Mimodo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackwind on Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:25 am

Brendanan wrote:Im not sure about enchanting what we use for the main caverns yet... We'll find out.

An idea though... Silk touch every diamond you get (once we have silk touch) then take it back to base and fortune in Wink
You have to fortune native blocks, you can't silk touch them and then fortune them in the base.
Blackwind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimodo on Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:37 am

really? damn

Mimodo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackwind on Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:01 am

Brendanan wrote:really? damn
At least that's what I think.
Blackwind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Muckdog on Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:12 pm

I'm not so sure. I could definitely be wrong but I thought you could silk touch, and then fortune...
Muckdog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackwind on Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:54 pm

I don't know, it's what someone else said.
Blackwind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  10purple_monkey01 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:14 am

i will follow all of these rules as i work on the project. Wink

10purple_monkey01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content