World Map for download

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: World Map for download

Post  31trainman on Wed May 21, 2014 3:01 am

Mod and plugin time for this map. Im more than willing to post screenshots of my work as it progresses.

31trainman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars on Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:54 pm

So the Golemland server was mysteriously down this evening and I was bored, so I took my single-player copy of Mons Domus and decided to have some fun with it. I got together a collection of starting capital for a new base from our stores at the central warehouse, loaded up my personal inventory and an enderchest full of stuff, and headed out to the southeast by boat, looking for new 1.8 chunks. And found some. Around X=700/Z=2200, there's an ocean monument and I'm tempted to set my base up nearby and see if I can take it on. Or maybe I'll return to the city and enchant some diving armor, my unenchanted iron suit just ain't gonna cut it for underwater work.

Anyone else playing this in single player, just go out the main front door, plop a boat into the nearest sea, and head southeast along the right-hand coast line for half a day or so. Shortly after the coast becomes new/old chunk mismatched borders, there's the ocean monument just on the ocean side.
spectrumwars

View user profile http://capiteterram.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  31trainman on Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:52 pm

Interesting spec

31trainman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Supacreator on Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:02 am

Interesting how one comment can spark a chain of replies on a mostly dead forum.
Supacreator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars on Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:59 am

Supacreator wrote:Interesting how one comment can spark a chain of replies on a mostly dead forum.

Well, either some of us still have email notifications sent, or we still regularly check the forum for new posts. I don't do the latter as often as I used to, but I *do* still check every now and then.

And the fact that others do the same frequently enough to get prompt replies when I *do* say something, tells me that there's still enough interest that, should the project ever restart, there are at least a couple of us who'd play there.
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  sret on Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:46 am

What on earth is an ocean monument? Sounds like something I'd love!

I no longer get email notifications but I seem to have timed it well when I randomly went to check this forum for the first time in ages.

How's things over in Golemland? I haven't touched Minecraft all summer. I heard they're selling Mojang to Microsoft, I hope the game will stay the same.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars on Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:53 am

sret wrote:What on earth is an ocean monument? Sounds like something I'd love!

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Ocean_monument

It's a new underwater pyramid thing that is sort of an intermediate between a dungeon and a stronghold. It's got a treasure room with gold blocks rather than a chest of goodies, it has unique mobs with unique drops that spawn there, and it's made of stuff not found elsewhere, nifty new aqua-colored brick things that wouldn't look out of place in XCOM 2: Terror From the Deep.

sret wrote:How's things over in Golemland? I haven't touched Minecraft all summer. I heard they're selling Mojang to Microsoft, I hope the game will stay the same.

Microsoft is gonna wait awhile before they strangle the goose that lays the golden eggs. So nothing will change immediately...but I wouldn't expect free updates with new content to continue as long as they might have under Mojang's old leadership. All those idiots complaining how the EULA took away their pay-to-win microtransaction-heavy servers hounded Notch into washing his hands of the whole thing and walking away with a pocket full of Microsoft Money. Now Microsoft will have to try to make their 2.5 billion bucks back somehow, so that probably means shifting efforts to a new "Minecraft II: Herobrine's Revenge" game sooner rather than later.

As for Golemland, it WAS going nicely, but yesterday our other admin decided to test out the latest unstable build of Spigot so we could get our anti-griefing plugins working again (we're on pure vanilla since 1.8 hit), and he somehow managed to accidentally launch the server with Minecraft 1.7 instead of 1.8, which deleted the contents of every chest in any most-recently-loaded chunk. A few of the outlying chests in my large and sprawling base escaped this, somehow, but my main storage was wiped out. In Mons Domus terms, imagine every chest in the main warehouse was suddenly emptied, but the local workstation chests at places like the farm and the farm cave dig site escaped unscathed. At least one other player also lost everything, but our central spawn complex-under-construction somehow escaped as well.

spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  sret on Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:28 pm

Seems awesome!

spectrumwars wrote:
 Now Microsoft will have to try to make their 2.5 billion bucks back somehow, so that probably means shifting efforts to a new "Minecraft II: Herobrine's Revenge" game sooner rather than later.

Let's hope not. Of all the things they can do, a new game would be the worst.

spectrumwars wrote:
  In Mons Domus terms, imagine every chest in the main warehouse was suddenly emptied, but the local workstation chests at places like the farm and the farm cave dig site escaped unscathed.   At least one other player also lost everything, but our central spawn complex-under-construction somehow escaped as well.  

Yikes. No server backups?

I recall some talk about replacing the one Golemland map with a new one when 1.8 is out, what happened to that?

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars on Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:17 am

sret wrote:
Yikes. No server backups?

I recall some talk about replacing the one Golemland map with a new one when 1.8 is out, what happened to that?

We had some problems with the plugins we used to allow two parallel world maps, so we had to close them and start over with an even more vanilla setup a bit before 1.8 came out, with just the anti-griefing plugins. Since we'd reset the map so recently, we didn't want to reset for 1.8, so we didn't.

When 1.8 came out, we went pure vanilla, losing the anti-griefing plugins...and also losing the plugin that made hourly backups and archived daily backups on an off-site server. And then RTB forgot to make a manual backup before testing the Spigot patch. Ooops.

It even emptied other containers like furnaces and hoppers. A few hopper-based things like blaze crushers got borked as a result, but they were easy enough to fix.
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  sret on Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:52 am

So now you're running just one server which hasn't been up for that long, so everything is still fairly new on it? If this is the case, does it mean if I want to come back to it sometime I'd have to start over? (Not a problem, just curious)

Let's hope there's no more misfortunes. If you're looking to stay vanilla you should still look into a backup-system, we never had a problem having only that.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars on Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:34 pm

sret wrote:So now you're running just one server which hasn't been up for that long, so everything is still fairly new on it? If this is the case, does it mean if I want to come back to it sometime I'd have to start over? (Not a problem, just curious)

Yes, it's just one map, and it's fairly new-ish.   Been up since about July, I think.   Rather than our usual trick of letting players bring across their inventory/enderchest file from the previous map (after loading up on exactly which gear and resources they wanted to preserve), everyone started off with nothing this time around.   A few of the more obsessive players had built up quite a stock of stuff, and some of them lost everything in the recent incident, others escaped mysteriously unscathed.   So you're gonna have to start over mostly from scratch if you return, although I'm sure we can find you someone willing to donate some gear and food/resources to get started. I'll happily do so if I'm online when you return, and you'll always be welcome.

sret wrote:Let's hope there's no more misfortunes. If you're looking to stay vanilla you should still look into a backup-system, we never had a problem having only that.

Oh, we definitely will be.
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  sret on Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:25 pm

Sounds good. Might see you in the near future.

If you need to convey something, this thread works just fine. I do get mails from replies to it.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Supacreator on Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:40 am

It is a damn good thing we got the download up before we went totally dormant.
Supacreator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top