Dwarven City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dormant? Maybe. Dead? Debatable.

4 posters

Go down

Dormant? Maybe. Dead? Debatable. Empty Dormant? Maybe. Dead? Debatable.

Post  Bran2939 Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:12 pm

So we all know the project is dormant, but that doesn't mean it has to be dead. We had a good run while it lasted, but this may not be the last we see of the road. We have traversed from the tiring road of burden, and now are left to wander the vast, lush grasslands and fields. And what shall we do while we roam? We reflect, we think, we lay upon the fresh grass in the meadow, and we reflect on the past, we process our decisions, and we project the future.

The project is dormant, immobile, in a state of stasis, cryo sleep, if you will. But it is not complete. Considering the low activity of the project, as it's recent "death" there probably won't be much widespread converse, so I approach you with this proposition, to carry on the chatter and stuff here. Not only can we just talk about random stuff, but also to invest our combined minds into ideas for the project, for the probability that it may one day return.

While unlikely it will return to it's former status, it is a great shame for all to be lost upon it's so called ending, it would be great if others feel the same way.

Bran2939

Back to top Go down

Dormant? Maybe. Dead? Debatable. Empty Re: Dormant? Maybe. Dead? Debatable.

Post  spectrumwars Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:07 am

If any of us are seeking a server to play on in the meantime, I and a few other former Dwarven City players still play minecraft on the GolemLand server. It's free, friendly, whitelisted, and (mostly) vanilla. There are no mods that actually change gameplay, just some anti-griefing plugins and a multiworld plugin allowing us to play on two parallel-world maps at the same time (one using the new 1.7.2 biomes and terrain algorithm, one using an older algorithm).

More information available at our forum, at:
http://www.golemland.com/

One benefit of playing there is, with a few other former Dwarven City players around, we're all more likely to hear when something happens back here, and can return to Mons Domus once more.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

http://capiteterram.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:04 am

Like I mentioned before, I'll absolutely still be checking around here for some chatter and discussion. Maybe some discussion will motivate some renewed interest in the project and bring back some of the high activity that we used to have. In the meantime, I might look into trying out the Golemland server myself.

Edit: Lurked around a bit on the Golemland forums. Are applications still being accepted? There is little up to date information on that.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:45 am

Arrowave wrote:Like I mentioned before, I'll absolutely still be checking around here for some chatter and discussion. Maybe some discussion will motivate some renewed interest in the project and bring back some of the high activity that we used to have. In the meantime, I might look into trying out the Golemland server myself.

Edit: Lurked around a bit on the Golemland forums. Are applications still being accepted? There is little up to date information on that.

We don't have a major recruitment drive going on at the moment, because several old players have returned due to the launch of a new map. But we're always accepting applications from friends and acquaintances of current players. Just post in the applications subforum, and I can whitelist you, as I'm one of the admins there.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

http://capiteterram.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:02 am

If we ever get a sign of life from Brendan I think that could help spark things up a bit. For now, let's just enjoy the holidays and see what the new year brings forth.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down