Dwarven City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project going dormant

+3
Bran2939
spectrumwars
sret
7 posters

Go down

Project going dormant Empty Project going dormant

Post  sret Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:04 pm

9 hours after the making of this post the server is going offline. For the time being I'm not able to pay the server cost and Bren's gone MIA, with my attempts to reach him being fruitless. Furthermore everyone's inactive and with the leadership currently without time or interest in the project I'm afraid it will have to go down unless someone wants to donate to keep the server up.

However, this does in no way have to be permanent. I saved a backup of the server a couple of days ago and when we're all ready to get back into things we can just pick up right where we left off. Getting a new server is as simple as paying the monthly cost and you wouldn't even notice a difference.

You can still reach me on this forum on a daily basis. See you guys around.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Project going dormant Empty Re: Project going dormant

Post  spectrumwars Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:22 pm

sret wrote:9 hours after the making of this post the server is going offline.
That's sad to hear. I'm sorry I haven't been more active, but my other server's been keeping me pretty busy lately, plus real life.

If we're not gonna be actively working on it, we should at least upload the map to Minecraft World Map:

http://www.minecraftworldmap.com/home

That way, we can look at our world, see our city on the "cave view" maps, and download copies to explore on our own occasionally as single-player games. Having the map available there might even be of help recruiting new members if and when we restart the project.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

http://capiteterram.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:27 pm

spectrumwars wrote:
That's sad to hear.  I'm sorry I haven't been more active, but my other server's been keeping me pretty busy lately, plus real life.   
Don't worry about it, it doesn't feel right to have you do everything anyway. Have fun on the other server for now Smile
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bran2939 Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:25 pm

Many sads, such potential, wow. ;~; seriousness, I hardly play recently, had so much potential, with more people it could have been amazing :l But yeah, still- new people new friends, what more to ask for than for a good time while it lasts?

Bran2939

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:40 pm

Bran2939 wrote:Many sads, such potential, wow. ;~; seriousness, I hardly play recently, had so much potential, with more people it could have been amazing :l But yeah, still- new people new friends, what more to ask for than for a good time while it lasts?

I agree with everything you said =)
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:50 am

I also apologize for the inactivity. As I have mentioned before, I need a long break from MC since it was my main gaming time sink for a few years straight (I can't believe its been that long). Being busy IRL has left me little time to play anyways.

I am glad, however, that you guys are still around and that this is not necessarily permanent. I will continue to check around here chatting and seeing how things go. If/when we decide to reboot and start again I would love to be a part of it.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:05 pm

Arrowave wrote:I also apologize for the inactivity. As I have mentioned before, I need a long break from MC since it was my main gaming time sink for a few years straight (I can't believe its been that long). Being busy IRL has left me little time to play anyways.

I am glad, however, that you guys are still around and that this is not necessarily permanent. I will continue to check around here chatting and seeing how things go. If/when we decide to reboot and start again I would love to be a part of it.

To be honest I think most of us need a break. Here's to hoping we eventually make a comeback with renewed strengths Smile
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Supacreator Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:21 am

Indeed. We need to make sure that this is more of a hibernation than a death. This project has been too long in the making to let it die now. I hope to see you all soon, perhaps in a month or two we can get a move on once more. Until then, keep in touch with the forum and have faith that this project is still alive. We can still do great things and once this leave of absence is over this project can be as strong as ever if we just are willing to give it the time it deserves. Once again, goodbye. I willsee you soon. Cool 
Supacreator
Supacreator

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:37 am

It bodes well that most of us are around in some way, shape or form. We all know how much we can get done when we're actually active Wink 

Until then...
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:23 am

sret wrote:
Arrowave wrote:I also apologize for the inactivity. As I have mentioned before, I need a long break from MC since it was my main gaming time sink for a few years straight (I can't believe its been that long). Being busy IRL has left me little time to play anyways.

To be honest I think most of us need a break. Here's to hoping we eventually make a comeback with renewed strengths Smile
Indeed. I'll be around.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:26 am

And I'll still be checking the forums every few days at least.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Supacreator Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:47 am

of course. I wonder what will happen when Bren checks back in
Supacreator
Supacreator

Back to top Go down

Post  31trainman Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:50 am

im still around but busy with other stuff.

31trainman

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:24 am

Still playing minecraft over at Golemland. Still checking this forum once a week or so. Still have a slot on my multiplayer server list with the old Mons Domus URL, sigh.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Supacreator Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:49 am

so... are we dead?
Supacreator
Supacreator

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:59 pm

Bren seems to have gone seriously MIA and I've been unable to reach him. I don't see how our current inactive situation would change in any way in the near future. I'm still generally interested in playing but I'm unable to fund anything and don't think I will be for the foreseeable future.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:21 am

Supacreator wrote:so... are we dead?

Apparently. Arrowave, 31trainman, and myself are at Golemland (which is down for a custom bugfix today, but should be up in the morning. Anyone else from Mons Domus is welcome to join, even if only to hang out with fellow dwarves and thus be ready to return to our fair city if Bren or sret ever gets the world file uploaded somewhere. Heck, we can probably get it hosted at Golemland as a side world (we already have two maps simultaneously, linked by a special portal at spawn on each map...one map is permanent much like Mons Domus, the other is replaced whenever a major change to the terrain algorithm comes along, to keep it current).

But to do that, we'd need the world save files. Which only Bren and/or sret has access to. With Bren seemingly vanished off the face of the earth (possibly eaten by the nasty Australian wildlife) and sret only rarely poking his nose in here, I'm losing hope of ever getting the map files. Even if we don't host it someplace else, I'd like to have it in my personal files for the occasional nostalgic walk through the halls of the city to marvel at how awesome a place we built together.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:25 pm

spectrumwars wrote:
But to do that, we'd need the world save files.  Which only Bren and/or sret has access to.  With Bren seemingly vanished off the face of the earth (possibly eaten by the nasty Australian wildlife) and sret only rarely poking his nose in here, I'm losing hope of ever getting the map files.  Even if we don't host it someplace else, I'd like to have it in my personal files for the occasional nostalgic walk through the halls of the city to marvel at how awesome a place we built together.  

I might not log on a lot, but I'll always be around within a day from messages getting posted as my mail will alert me unless it's a new thread. If you wanna arrange something with the world file on a server or just get a copy for personal use just talk to me and we can sort it out, as I do indeed have the latest save file. I doubt Bren would mind and when you go missing for nearly a year you're not in much of a position to make demands anyway.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:52 am

sret wrote:
I might not log on a lot, but I'll always be around within a day from messages getting posted as my mail will alert me unless it's a new thread. If you wanna arrange something with the world file on a server or just get a copy for personal use just talk to me and we can sort it out, as I do indeed have the latest save file. I doubt Bren would mind and when you go missing for nearly a year you're not in much of a position to make demands anyway.

I would indeed like a copy for my personal use. I'm sure most of us would.

One option would be to upload it to http://www.minecraftworldmap.com/, which is where I posted several of my past single-player worlds, and where a lot of other servers have posted maps as well. This will let us not only download the map from there ourselves, but also generate several Google maps-style zoomable 3d maps we could view our city and its surroundings on, including a cave view that should show off the city itself quite nicely. That might even generate some interest in the server and we could get it going again at some point.

Another option would be to upload it to a free file hosting service such as Google Drive or uploaded.to or rapidgator or whatever. I recently had good luck with uploading the first Golemland map to Google Drive.

Either way, then simply post the link someplace on this here forum, and we can download it ourselves. It will be a lot easier than you trying to email it as an attached file or something to 3 or 4 different people.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:59 pm

I can't be bothered registering for something right now but I'll make a note to do it later so keep your eyes out for a thread with the file.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bran2939 Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:40 pm

It would appear so.

Bran2939

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:38 am

Bran2939 wrote:
It would appear so.
Not if I can do anything about it!
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Project going dormant Empty Realms Server

Post  spectrumwars Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:45 am

For anyone interested, I am currently playing on a Realms server owned by a friend of mine. I've been building a public spawn complex with autofarms and grinders there, but am almost finished and looking for a new project. Perhaps some of the old Dwarven City people would like to join us and build a base complex or underground city again?

Post a reply in this thread or contact me via email or on Steam (Martin The Mess) if you're interested, and I'll contact the Realms owner and have you added to the whitelist.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:56 am

spectrumwars wrote:For anyone interested, I am currently playing on a Realms server owned by a friend of mine.  I've been building a public spawn complex with autofarms and grinders there, but am almost finished and looking for a new project.   Perhaps some of the old Dwarven City people would like to join us and build a base complex or underground city again?  

Post a reply in this thread or contact me via email or on Steam (Martin The Mess) if you're interested, and I'll contact the Realms owner and have you added to the whitelist.  

Good to know, Martin! I'm not very interested in playing on my own, but if the plan is to build something like that together I might be game. I'm online on Steam most of the time under the name Aly^, feel free to message me there if you want to discuss possible plans and pique my interest.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down