1.4 update

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1.4 update

Post  sret on Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:51 pm

We're now on 1.4, guys, so have a blast riding pigs or planting flowers or whatever makes you happy Wink
avatar
sret
Admin

Posts : 1030
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1.4 update

Post  spectrumwars on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:45 pm

No one go to The End just yet. On my other server, the update deleted the Nether and End dimension maps entirely. I had to leave a crapload of very nice gear in a chest in the freshly-generated End Spawning Platform because I wasn't quite well equipped enough to take out the Enderdragon alone.

Someone go to the Nether and check to see if our netherbase is still there.If it is, the End is probably unchanged too. But don't go to the End with any gear you don't want to lose until we check the Nether.
avatar
spectrumwars

Posts : 715
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 41
Location : Chicago

View user profile http://capiteterram.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 1.4 update

Post  sret on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:57 pm

I just went to the nether, our base is still there so we should be safe. I also found some bats in the farm caves, which in my opinion is a nice addition. On the other hand, there's some highly annoying new sounds such as when climbing ladders or walking on sand.

edit: You also open doors with right click now, which is gonna be hard to get used to ._.
avatar
sret
Admin

Posts : 1030
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1.4 update

Post  Brendanan on Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:23 am

sret wrote:I just went to the nether, our base is still there so we should be safe. I also found some bats in the farm caves, which in my opinion is a nice addition. On the other hand, there's some highly annoying new sounds such as when climbing ladders or walking on sand.

edit: You also open doors with right click now, which is gonna be hard to get used to ._.

Sret, you have always been able to open doors with right click, just saying.

_________________
Guess what, we now have a signature Very Happy
avatar
Brendanan

Posts : 1422
Join date : 2012-03-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1.4 update

Post  spectrumwars on Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:26 am

Yeah, but now left-clicking just bangs on the door uselessly like a zombie on sub-hard difficulty. Same for buttons and levers. So, less accidentally breaking the windows next to a door while trying to open the door with a sword in my hand, more accidentally placing blocks in front of doors while trying to open them with a block in my hand.
avatar
spectrumwars

Posts : 715
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 41
Location : Chicago

View user profile http://capiteterram.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 1.4 update

Post  sret on Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:38 am

spectrumwars wrote:Yeah, but now left-clicking just bangs on the door uselessly like a zombie on sub-hard difficulty. Same for buttons and levers. So, less accidentally breaking the windows next to a door while trying to open the door with a sword in my hand, more accidentally placing blocks in front of doors while trying to open them with a block in my hand.

Oh dear, I always place blocks everywhere when trying to do stuff... now I'm not only going to be frustrated while trying to open doors, I will also place blocks to add to it.


And Bren, that might be true but I was referring to the fact that left click no longer works for it =/
avatar
sret
Admin

Posts : 1030
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1.4 update

Post  Arrowave on Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:47 am

Awesome, what is the plan for the new crops? This update totally snuck up on me.
avatar
Arrowave

Posts : 392
Join date : 2012-01-24
Age : 21
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1.4 update

Post  spectrumwars on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:08 am

Arrowave wrote:Awesome, what is the plan for the new crops? This update totally snuck up on me.

Carrots and Potatoes can be gotten as rare drops from zombies. On my other server, one session of grinding there got me 3 carrots and 4 potatoes, and a couple of stacks of bonemeal later, I had the 75-cell fields I'd pre-built for them all seeded and growing nicely.

I'm half tempted to rip out the existing farm or build behind it a copy of the awesome autofarm I developed from it on my other server. But since the existing farms are considered somewhat un-dwarfy to the extent that we're digging the enormous farm caves to replace them, I dunno if it's worth the effort. Maybe I'll just dig a side chamber off the work room at the farm dig and put a couple small standard 9x9 fields for carrots and potatoes. Maybe just convert the manual-farm side of the old farm tunnels to a carrot and potato field.
avatar
spectrumwars

Posts : 715
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 41
Location : Chicago

View user profile http://capiteterram.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 1.4 update

Post  Brendanan on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:56 am

Considering it won't be permenant, it's probably best to just make small plot to increase the numbers a bit. I didn't realise doors were now ONLY right click, I thought you were just discovering the right click :p

_________________
Guess what, we now have a signature Very Happy
avatar
Brendanan

Posts : 1422
Join date : 2012-03-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1.4 update

Post  Arrowave on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:11 am

spectrumwars wrote:
Arrowave wrote:Awesome, what is the plan for the new crops? This update totally snuck up on me.

Carrots and Potatoes can be gotten as rare drops from zombies. On my other server, one session of grinding there got me 3 carrots and 4 potatoes, and a couple of stacks of bonemeal later, I had the 75-cell fields I'd pre-built for them all seeded and growing nicely.

I'm half tempted to rip out the existing farm or build behind it a copy of the awesome autofarm I developed from it on my other server. But since the existing farms are considered somewhat un-dwarfy to the extent that we're digging the enormous farm caves to replace them, I dunno if it's worth the effort. Maybe I'll just dig a side chamber off the work room at the farm dig and put a couple small standard 9x9 fields for carrots and potatoes. Maybe just convert the manual-farm side of the old farm tunnels to a carrot and potato field.
Probably the best plan. We aren't really in need of more food.
avatar
Arrowave

Posts : 392
Join date : 2012-01-24
Age : 21
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1.4 update

Post  Brendanan on Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:19 am

Carrots would be rather useful... I just wanna make a pig stable at the village Wink

_________________
Guess what, we now have a signature Very Happy
avatar
Brendanan

Posts : 1422
Join date : 2012-03-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1.4 update

Post  Supacreator on Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:53 am

Pig stable? Laughing I want one
avatar
Supacreator

Posts : 219
Join date : 2012-07-30
Age : 20
Location : US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1.4 update

Post  Brendanan on Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:30 am

I got a few ideas for one :p Not sure how well it'd work though

_________________
Guess what, we now have a signature Very Happy
avatar
Brendanan

Posts : 1422
Join date : 2012-03-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1.4 update

Post  sret on Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:35 pm

I suppose dwarves if anyone would make sense to have a pig stable, for the simple reason that ordinary people would be too big to ride on pigs.
avatar
sret
Admin

Posts : 1030
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1.4 update

Post  spectrumwars on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:56 pm

Update 1.4.4 is out, but Dwarf City hasn't updated yet.

Speaking of not updated yet, our forum still says Merry Christmas from last year, but it's been up so long it's almost timely again.
avatar
spectrumwars

Posts : 715
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 41
Location : Chicago

View user profile http://capiteterram.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 1.4 update

Post  sret on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:58 pm

It just needs a restart to update. I'll do it right now, should be ready within 10 minutes.

Where does it say merry christmas?
avatar
sret
Admin

Posts : 1030
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1.4 update

Post  donnyh13 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:42 pm

when you put you mouse over topics to the right hand side it shows that lol
avatar
donnyh13

Posts : 84
Join date : 2011-12-19
Age : 21
Location : canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1.4 update

Post  sret on Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:46 pm

Ohh, yea! I've seen that all the time but didn't pay any attention xD
avatar
sret
Admin

Posts : 1030
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1.4 update

Post  Brendanan on Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:32 am

No clue how to fix that... but I guess it almost suits again

_________________
Guess what, we now have a signature Very Happy
avatar
Brendanan

Posts : 1422
Join date : 2012-03-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1.4 update

Post  sret on Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:52 am

In Dwarven City, every day is christmas! Wink
avatar
sret
Admin

Posts : 1030
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1.4 update

Post  Brendanan on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:57 am

True true

_________________
Guess what, we now have a signature Very Happy
avatar
Brendanan

Posts : 1422
Join date : 2012-03-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1.4 update

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum