Re: So what did YOU do today?

Post  donnyh13 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:49 pm

i think it does
donnyh13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars on Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:01 pm

Today I did another 5-pick session of digging out stone from the upper reaches of the farm cave. The cobble chests at the dig site seem to all be full, so then I lugged 2/3 of an inventory of stuff back. Is there an Ender Chest at the dig site? There's one in the warehouse, we could use that to double or more the load we can carry each way. Otherwise, with no subway line out there, and the route overland being too dangerous to go without weapons and food and such filling at least some of the slots, it's gonna take a LOT of trips to carry all that crap back to central storage.
spectrumwars

View user profile http://capiteterram.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  sret on Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:19 pm

spectrumwars wrote:Today I did another 5-pick session of digging out stone from the upper reaches of the farm cave. The cobble chests at the dig site seem to all be full, so then I lugged 2/3 of an inventory of stuff back. Is there an Ender Chest at the dig site? There's one in the warehouse, we could use that to double or more the load we can carry each way. Otherwise, with no subway line out there, and the route overland being too dangerous to go without weapons and food and such filling at least some of the slots, it's gonna take a LOT of trips to carry all that crap back to central storage.

The last chest got filled earlier today so we set up a new cobble storage room at the former mushroom farm behind the farms in the digsite storage (the double doors). There's no actual need to worry about carrying stuff back right now. Later on towards completion of the caves there will most likely be a rail line that will make transportation easier.
sret
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sret on Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:30 pm

So, I went back on to breed and slaughter some cows. I ended up dancing with them first. It is ridiculously funny to equip some wheat and run around chased by 20 cows while listening to a good song, then stop and remove the wheat and watch them all stare at you. I bred pretty much all of them and killed about as many as there were new ones. It was a lot of fun to slaughter their parents =p

I noticed we have more than a doublechest full of seeds. We can set up some crazy farms in future cities Smile

I then went on to dig plenty more out of the bottom of the caves (4-5 k total stone today) and with some help of others lately there's been some good progress despite a general lack of digging. The entire right side (unfortunately the shorter one) of the main cave is now gone at the bottom. I can't wait till the entire bottom is gone so we can safely dig from the top down.

I also fell off the ladder again and lost a bunch of levels. The difference this time around was that it happened while climbing up. Climbing is so goddamn boring that I started to look at stuff in my room and steered off the ladder.

On a last note we have a cactus that is obstructed from fully growing so the top block keeps falling off down onto the dirt roof. Accidental automatic cacti machine! Very Happy
sret
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave on Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:24 am

sret wrote:So, I went back on to breed and slaughter some cows. I ended up dancing with them first. It is ridiculously funny to equip some wheat and run around chased by 20 cows while listening to a good song, then stop and remove the wheat and watch them all stare at you. I bred pretty much all of them and killed about as many as there were new ones. It was a lot of fun to slaughter their parents =p
I just want to point out how much of a sociopath you sounded like in that paragraph. Smile
Arrowave

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sret on Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:27 am

Arrowave wrote:
sret wrote:So, I went back on to breed and slaughter some cows. I ended up dancing with them first. It is ridiculously funny to equip some wheat and run around chased by 20 cows while listening to a good song, then stop and remove the wheat and watch them all stare at you. I bred pretty much all of them and killed about as many as there were new ones. It was a lot of fun to slaughter their parents =p
I just want to point out how much of a sociopath you sounded like in that paragraph. Smile

mmm, I'm okay with it Wink

If it makes you feel any better; cows are one of my top 5 favorite animals =)
sret
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave on Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:30 am

Haha, Interesting. I've always found them quite boring, there is an abundance here in Texas.
Arrowave

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sret on Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:35 am

Oh, we have plenty over here too. I enjoy watching them from the bus every other day. If they're too boring for you, perhaps you might find one of my other favorites, sharks, to be more intriguing?
sret
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave on Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:40 am

Indeed, but sharks are just cool in general.
Arrowave

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sret on Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:41 am

Very much so, especially hammerheads.
sret
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  donnyh13 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:51 am

lol sharks are weird, dolphins are cool XD, but my favorite is the chicken, (used to have 25) theyre just so funny but cute and ...its just un-explainable lol
donnyh13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sret on Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:55 am

Dude... dolphins are gay sharks, everyone knows that Suspect

I totally get the chicken stuff though, they are indeed awesome, and they fit in well in my top 5, on the spot assigned to "birds" Smile
sret
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  donnyh13 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:40 am

lol, ive learned something new today, lol
donnyh13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan on Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:33 am

Arrowave wrote:

I hate to admit, but I am much worse... I enjoy hearing the moans of cows as 40 of them all breed at the same time. Then I slowly kill all the remaining adults, one at a time, with fire. Watching them burn, forcing their children and lovers to also endure the pain Laughing mwahahahahahahaha

Anyway.... that aside... Green and gold is the colours of our national sporting teams (which sport is a big aspect of australian life).

When you say dolphins all I think of is hitchhikers guide to the galaxy... Honestly though, I can't say any of those mentioned animals fit into my top 5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  31trainman on Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:14 am

dug some more.

31trainman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave on Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:35 am

I got on tonight and finished up the Ice Tray complete with storage and an AFK box. The Coords are: X -520 and Z 1630. I also saw what you guys did with the village and it really looks good. Last time I was there it looked like a ghost town.
Arrowave

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sret on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:44 am

Brendanan wrote:

Anyway.... that aside... Green and gold is the colours of our national sporting teams (which sport is a big aspect of australian life).

When you say dolphins all I think of is hitchhikers guide to the galaxy... Honestly though, I can't say any of those mentioned animals fit into my top 5

I think sport is a big aspect in most countries. I've never read the hitchhiker thingy, do I want to know why it is connected to dolphins?

I think I'm gonna go have a look at that ice tray right now. Also I'm probably gonna be on and off all day starting now so just post here if you're around and I'll happily join you if I'm not already on at the time.
sret
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sret on Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:20 pm

The Ice Tray is really cool, it's obvious that you've put quite a bit of work into it. I attempted to harvest it but couldn't find a silk touch pick. On my way home I got lost in the desert looking for our village, eventually realizing they're 2 different deserts separated by some water. While running around in that other desert I found 7 rails floating on the ground, so I picked them up before they despawned. I love how I always come across something odd like that.
sret
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan on Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:50 pm

Well, I suggest you check your messages in the minecraft forum, and join me on the server Very Happy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sret on Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:00 pm

Just got back from breakfast. Awesome message! Very Happy
sret
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars on Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:03 pm

sret wrote:
I think sport is a big aspect in most countries. I've never read the hitchhiker thingy, do I want to know why it is connected to dolphins?

Dear sweet Zarquon, read the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy at the first chance you get! At least the first two books, they do kind of decline in quality after that. Third and fourth aren't too bad, fifth is pretty mediocre, haven't read the sixth, but that's a semi-official sequel by someone other than Douglas Adams.

When the Dolphins, actually a superintelligent species, leaves Earth shortly before its destruction, their last message to mankind is "So Long, and Thanks For All the Fish". But because we're less intelligent than they are, we misinterpret this message as being a suprisingly sophisticated attempt to do a double-backwards somersault through a hoop while whistling "The Star-Spangled Banner".

Last night I made an inspection tour of the Atrium and Apartments, which I hadn't seen in a while. Excellent job on it, especially the apartments of Supacreator and Arrrowave. Then I visited the farms to chop some wood in the tree farm. We seemed to be out of oak saplings, so I went outside in the rain to chop some of the outside trees, which generate more saplings than those in the VLS system. Which apparently we need to remove because it is in the way of some apartments anyways.

Headed back to the Farm Cave dig site with several stacks of wood and some arrows, to find I'd miscalculated the time and it was the middle of the night. I used some of the arrows to refill the Unwelcome Mat dispensers, which seemed to have run out. I logged off to check some websites while I waited for dawn, and when I came to log back on, someone was on the other server I play on, so I went there instead.

Returning to Dwarf city this morning, I made my way at dawn back to the Dig site. Forgot to check out the park at the NPC village on my way, oh well. Dumped the remaining arrows and the logs at the worksite storage room, chopped some more wood at the local tree farm. Went into the dig site and installed, both there and in the worksite storage room, the pair of Ender Chests I'd made back at central storage. Now we can not only make half as many trips from the worksite back and forth to the central warehouse, we can make half as many trips from the actual worksite to the worksite storage.

After doing another session of digging 6 picks worth of stone at the top of the quarry, I went to check out this new storage room. And found it woefully inadequate. I removed the disused mushroom platforms and expanded the storage room considerably, installing another stack and a half of chests or more. I also looted out a bit more from the abandoned mineshaft structure under its floor, which I broke into while widening the room. We should be able to expand it further straight ahead when needed, but what's already there should hold us for a while.
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  sret on Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:18 pm

Holy... I thought it was a single book, or a trilogy at most. That sounds like a lot to read, not that I mind reading...

I really like the ender chests in the site, I always end up running back a lot in my huge digging sessions and this turns 2-3 trips into one. I'm glad you fixed up the storage and we now have a total of 60 chests to fill, which should last us a long time. I'm wondering why you put the last row further in and backwards though?

As for my day; after doing the usual village stuff (such as hatching chickens until I managed to pull off the rare feat of getting 4 out of the same egg Very Happy) and gathering 5.5 stacks of wood (half of that, along with what SW brought, should last us quite a while at the digsite) I went back to digging and managed to get a few full inventories of cobble dug out despite having to stop while I still had the energy to continue.

sret
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars on Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:26 pm

sret wrote:Holy... I thought it was a single book, or a trilogy at most. That sounds like a lot to read, not that I mind reading...

Like I said, you don't necessarily have to read the last few. But the first one should be awesome enough to convince you to read the second, and on from there.

sret wrote:I really like the ender chests in the site, I always end up running back a lot in my huge digging sessions and this turns 2-3 trips into one. I'm glad you fixed up the storage and we now have a total of 60 chests to fill, which should last us a long time. I'm wondering why you put the last row further in and backwards though?

I didn't. What I did do, was run out of chests to place, end up only putting a column of single chests in, go back to make 5 more chests to finish it off...and then forget to go in and actually place them. Fixed now. Thanks for spotting it.
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  sret on Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:29 pm

Oh, that explains it.

I'll look for the book if I ever get near a bookstore. Could use some variation from all the King and Koontz books.
sret
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave on Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:28 am

sret wrote:The Ice Tray is really cool, it's obvious that you've put quite a bit of work into it. I attempted to harvest it but couldn't find a silk touch pick. On my way home I got lost in the desert looking for our village, eventually realizing they're 2 different deserts separated by some water. While running around in that other desert I found 7 rails floating on the ground, so I picked them up before they despawned. I love how I always come across something odd like that.
I knew I forgot something! I meant to leave the pick there but I obviously forgot.
Arrowave

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top