Dwarven City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Actually digging out the farm cave

+5
spectrumwars
Arrowave
3rdi
sret
Brendanan
9 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Actually digging out the farm cave - Page 3 Empty Re: Actually digging out the farm cave

Post  Brendanan Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:40 am

Dillon the lake can wait till after, definitely, but the rest of it, idk... What harm will it do to do nth at once?

And the events are a good idea, but it's near impossible to get everyone online at the same time.... With the enderdragon we could only get 4 of us... Perhaps we have a 24 hour time slot where we all dedicate as much time as we can to Smashing through the digging, and getting as much done as possible... That way people can come and go all day, but hopefully people will be around a little more
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Actually digging out the farm cave - Page 3 Empty Re: Actually digging out the farm cave

Post  sret Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:44 am

Brendanan wrote:Dillon the lake can wait till after, definitely, but the rest of it, idk... What harm will it do to do nth at once?

Dillon the lake? What?? And that last sentence makes no sense either, even if nth is short for nothing...

I'm guessing you're using one of those space phones with a mind of their own that love to destroy sentences? Perhaps Dillon is meant to be... filling? The last one I can't figure out though =/
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:46 am

Oh... wow...

Yeah, fancy phone :p The internet browser crashed after I wrote everything, so I was annoyed, and typing too fast without looking... Let's try and translate :p

Filling the lake can definitely wait till once everything has been dug, but for the actual landscaping, what harm will it do to do both at once (digging the caves and carving below)
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:55 am

Well, I will now forever refer to the lake as Dillon Very Happy
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:56 am

Lake Dillon... Just like the dwarven Stoarcases (staorcases?)to the eating hall
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:03 am

Exactly like the Staorcases, yes Wink

Dillon somehow sounds like a fitting name for a dwarven lake though. I can totally picture a dwarf saying "Dillon"
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:07 am

sret wrote:Exactly like the Staorcases, yes Wink

Dillon somehow sounds like a fitting name for a dwarven lake though. I can totally picture a dwarf saying "Dillon"

Hmmm... *nods*
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:10 am

I think we've now derailed pretty much every thread in this forum
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:15 am

I wish I could actually contribute to important discussions instead
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:15 am

sret wrote:I wish I could actually contribute to important discussions instead

Challenge ACCEPTED!
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:16 am

at least there's conversation going on :p
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:22 am

Yea, we're really setting a good example aren't we Surprised
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:25 am

yep Very Happy There really isn't too much on topic discussion to be had right now though, so...
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:28 am

We usually have problem getting people to contribute on the forums, now what we need is in-game progress. Did you contact the missing soldiers yet?
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:04 am

Qwizzy is out of action, with low likelihood of returning to full time duty... Jeffewing is MIA
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Supacreator Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:36 pm

oh you! using military terms to describe people on our server. cat Cat!
Supacreator
Supacreator

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:47 am

Hehehe Wink Sret called em soldiers... I had to play along
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:02 am

So when will we launch operation saving private Jeff? Wink
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:22 am

Well, last record of him on the minecraft forums was June 18, 22:49, which was before last contact was attempted. Last record of him here was May 23, 11:46. All we can do is hope for the best
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:55 pm

Aw, he was around on my birthday
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:38 am

My birthday is still a lonbg way off Sad
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:05 pm

So, now that we're very close to finishing the digging we need to figure out exactly what to do after putting the dirt layer. My questions would be the following:

First of all, do we put the dirt layer when f3 says 19 or when we're standing on 19? (I think we said make it 17 so the first option makes sense, I just need it verified)

Secondly, in which direction do we dig into the actual cave, and how big and on what layers do we make the opening?

And last but not least, how do we patch up the quarry-cave?
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:32 pm

A F*** ton of smoothstone and cobble!!!

Anyway... facing lengthways with the shitty workshed on your right, that is the direction where it will open out into the main cave... The entrance to the small bay (from city or wherever we choose), will be opposite to that.

I'm drawing a shitty thing on paint right now...

The picture I'm drawing can be the basic shape we go for the water level... then we shape the edges up from there... Just ad lib. I assume, since I ain't gonna be doing any 3D modelling beforehand :p

Just go with what looks good I guess... We are going to need a lot of stone, so get smelting in any spare time you have, and perhaps put some smelters near the dig site itself...
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:36 pm

Here we go... My amazing MS Paint skills in action!!!

Actually digging out the farm cave - Page 3 Farmcavebay

The large rectangle is what we've dug out...

The small one is the work shed
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:18 pm

I suppose the shape will be pretty much inside the rectangle? If we do it as close to your picture as possible it would mean a ton of more digging.

Also, you didn't specify the size of the opening (and the dirt layer location)

And what about the roof of the cave? Do we pick a certain level where we make a roof then put sand on top to recreate the surface and finish it by making the roof look natural from below?

Edit: Are you sure the direction of the cave will be the same as the 4 corners you marked out?
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next