Dwarven City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Actually digging out the farm cave

+5
spectrumwars
Arrowave
3rdi
sret
Brendanan
9 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Actually digging out the farm cave - Page 2 Empty Re: Actually digging out the farm cave

Post  sret Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:25 pm

Is there anyone who can even play on far?
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Actually digging out the farm cave - Page 2 Empty Re: Actually digging out the farm cave

Post  Brendanan Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:00 pm

Not me :p hopefully when I get my new laptop, install optifine and I'll be able to get far
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:01 pm

So who's up for digging?
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:11 pm

I am. Been looking for you for the past days for some company as I get too stressed to play on my own with my currently busy schedule. Ofc I was just running an errand when you were finally around.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:40 pm

Lol... we time things so well :p I won't be on for tonight any more unfortunately... But I will see you all tomorrow night for slaying the enderdragon
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Steel Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:29 pm

Some more screens of another cave project by someone else.
I'm posting this because I like the way he made those arches Wink

https://imgur.com/a/wgqr2

Dr. Steel

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:32 pm

That's pretty cool. Looks super weird with your texture pack/mod thing though
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Steel Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:45 pm

...default texture pack

Dr. Steel

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:18 pm

Huh, must be something with your graphics then =p
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Steel Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:26 pm

Just a wide FOV.

Dr. Steel

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:09 am

Dr. Steel wrote:Just a wide FOV.

I hate the wide FOV... just screws up the appearance of things... Although go the widest, swiftness II, and fly Very Happy
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Steel Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:14 pm

I just did that to cram the whole place in the pic, I normallly have it on 90 or so Razz

Dr. Steel

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:30 pm

I keep it default
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:33 am

So what's happened to everyone... I thought maybe it was just the forums getting quiet while everyone dug, but it seems that everyone has just stopped... I'm getting busy with university, so can't play as much as I normally would, and could only get on for a little bit using their internet (amazingly fast, but limited in howw much we can use)...

Instead I did a mockup of the record hall...

I can picture some of how the farm caves will look in detail, mainly the join between the big cave and the bay (which we are currently digging)... Unfortunately I'm not sure how well I can describe it, and my drawing skills make a toddler look good.

Just one decision we want to make... What layer do we want the top of the water? I was thinking 15 or 20, giving us room beneath to have a varying bottom, but even that's not definitive... What layer should we do it on?
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:07 pm

Brendanan wrote:So what's happened to everyone... I thought maybe it was just the forums getting quiet while everyone dug, but it seems that everyone has just stopped... I'm getting busy with university, so can't play as much as I normally would, and could only get on for a little bit using their internet (amazingly fast, but limited in howw much we can use)...

I just sent my laptop back in for service, to see if my supplier can fix the problem with overheatng so I can play more often. But again, it means for a week or two I can't play at all. I probably won't be able to play again until after 1.3 comes out at the start of August...and then my other server is starting up a new map, so I'll probably spend most of my MC time building my new base complex over there. Aargh.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

http://capiteterram.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:19 pm

It's all good... I know you've been havin laptop troubles... I also know snate is away too... Didn't think everyone needed a break as I did though :p

I only got a pick worth done today because I didn't want to use up all my Internet allowance for the uni only a week into the semester (already used over half)
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:39 am

Ok, with the current quarry pit... I'm thinking we dig down till we are standing on layer 19, and then make the floor dirt. Standing on layer 19 makes the water on layer 20... Dirt allows easy removal after flooding. Beneath the dirt floor, we can landscape the bottom of the cave, and make it more natural looking.

When we are a bit closer to completion of the pit, I'll draw up another little thing of the surface of the lake, and see what people think of it.
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Supacreator Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:18 am

I haven't been digging much because I've spent my time working in the farms. Smile I just added a coco bean wall to the manual farm side. I guess I'll have to start digging. And am I crazy or are people not on very often. (It could just be my time-zone)
Supacreator
Supacreator

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:03 am

We have a few players out of action for various reasons, and my playing time has been drastically reduced by dodgy internet, and study commitments... The rest then comes down to the fact that there are multiple different time zones too...
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:08 am

Supacreator wrote:I haven't been digging much because I've spent my time working in the farms. Smile I just added a coco bean wall to the manual farm side. I guess I'll have to start digging. And am I crazy or are people not on very often. (It could just be my time-zone)

It's not your imagination. Half the members who were historically most active are either currently going through minecraft withdrawal as their computer gets shipped halfway across the continent for repairs and back, suffering a bout of poor internet connectivity that leaves them able to play but not able to do anything, or are currently travelling and thus unable to play much at all. My laptop finally came back from repairs on saturday, but sunday I had to go out of town to visit relatives, so I'm technically in two of those categories this weekend.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

http://capiteterram.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:12 am

So, I hope you're happy playing on your own, and just hoping that someone else will appear online while you're around :p

I just got approved for a scholarship of $1000, so hopefully that will get me a new laptop, solving the issues with internet connectivity (I'm almost positive it's my laptop). That'll still be at least a week away though... So until then, Ill only be on in short bursts. But I can be active on the forums a lot (45 minute train trip to and from uni 4 days a week, plus 3 hours of maths lectures to sleep through), so always expect a reply from me Very Happy
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:45 pm

Brendanan wrote:Ok, with the current quarry pit... I'm thinking we dig down till we are standing on layer 19, and then make the floor dirt. Standing on layer 19 makes the water on layer 20... Dirt allows easy removal after flooding. Beneath the dirt floor, we can landscape the bottom of the cave, and make it more natural looking.

When we are a bit closer to completion of the pit, I'll draw up another little thing of the surface of the lake, and see what people think of it.

So we landscape underneath before removing the dirt?
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:54 pm

Easier than underwater digging... And keeps it easy to flood
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:33 pm

Sounds good, but before we start on the lake, shouldn't we finish the rest of the cavern?
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  Supacreator Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:40 pm

yeah that is what I would do. Idea And I've noticed that even though we have a calendar page we have NO special events. We could schedule like 3 hours one day when everyone can come on and then SMASH this project all at once. Laughing It would be so fun to play with everyone at the same time and work together. bounce I think it would be a good idea. Very Happy
Supacreator
Supacreator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next