Dwarven City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MYCELIUM!!!

+2
Dr. Steel
Brendanan
6 posters

Go down

MYCELIUM!!! Empty MYCELIUM!!!

Post  Brendanan Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:22 pm

Sorry, I forgot to mention this before, and then forgot about it till now. Whilst out searching for our original stronghold, somehow we managed to end up with a single block of mycelium with us. Arrowave was looking in his inventory, and saw it there. We have no clue how we got it, but there it is. It's been sitting in storage ever since. Today I found it again, and I made a mycelium plantation where the old chicken pens were. Unfortunately, we still cannot get mooshrooms from it, but at least we have a patch of mycelium to grow mushrooms faster than normal. I have planted one of each type of mushroom there as well, to start the spreading process. I'm thinking we make another level of the nether farms and we can make our mushroom plantation there on a layer of mycelium.

Speaking of that, we also have a grass plantation in the nether now too, on the 4th level of the farms
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

MYCELIUM!!! Empty Re: MYCELIUM!!!

Post  Dr. Steel Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:39 pm

o-o

Dr. Steel

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:02 pm

That's about it... there is no explanation that we can think of as to how it got there, but I very clearly saw arrowave throw the block at me, and it go into my inventory
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:20 pm

So you managed to stumble upon one of the ridiculously super rare mycelium biomes and you somehow missed it. I'm not sure if I should pat you on the back or slap you in the face o.o
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:25 pm

I'm not sure either. How we BOTH did it though, and still gain the just a single block from it is beyond me. If only we had have known where it was, we could have unlimited mushroom stew
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:43 pm

How big of an area were you going through when you found it? Was it caves or above ground? I'm not sure if mushroom biomes have caves but if they do perhaps some mycelium can find its way underground and thus you might not notice it because it's a regular cave with just a couple of mycelium blocks. Also, aren't mushroom biomes always islands? Because then it would be near impossible to miss it if you're on the surface, especially if you come close enough to get a block.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:45 pm

No, they're not always islands, just more commonly islands. We were running across the open ground, so it is possible that it was at night time, a creeper exploded, and dropped the mycelium, which arrowave picked up. Obviously along the edge of the biome, and due to the threat of arrows, explosions, spiders, and losing our brains, we missed it completely
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:46 pm

That's too bad, might be hard to track it down aswell
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:50 pm

If you try running towards 0,0 you might find your way to it... if you get lucky
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:10 pm

Sounds like an adventure for a boring day Very Happy
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:16 pm

definitely... so, if you're without something to do, then go for a run, and find us some mooshrooms, and bring them back safely
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:41 pm

It is odd how the block popped into my inventory. Even if a creeper exploded the block would have turned back to dirt. Neither of us had a silk touch pick either.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:42 pm

Well, with one block we can make more, but it does sound suspicious. Are we sure no one mucked with the /give command? We had an incident on my other server with someone mysteriously acquiring 27 blocks of mycelium when there wasnt' a single mushroom biome anywhere on the map (and we used mapping software to check). As an admin I confiscated it until such time as we eventually found a mushroom biome and I visited it myself to simulate a trip out with my silk touch pick (actually I was collecting mooshrooms for my underground tunnel ranch), at which point I placed the mycelium into a publicly-available chest for use by all.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

http://capiteterram.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Steel Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:26 am

I think we should send someone to map the aboveground world!

Dr. Steel

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:53 am

We do need an in game map...

The only ones who have access to any commands are me and Sret, and I can gurantee you that neither of us would ever even consider cheating to get it. And considering it appeared in arrowaves inventory...

Finding a mushroom biome an making a trip there might be worth it to seem more legit, but I believe that if there's no other explanation, it was probably a glitch in the SMP minecraft, and the datavalues of a block got changed. We've lost valuable stuff to glitches before
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:14 am

We're bound to walk by a mushroom biome eventually and then it doesn't even matter anymore
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:32 am

I've made the first map of the world, which starts at the store room. Only a small section is mapped out, buy I will do it all later
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:57 pm

We could all do different parts of the world and organize them inside a chest. That way we could pick out places for projects without having to actually explore.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  31trainman Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:37 pm

The maps glitch at 0,0 on smp. Just like ender eyes.

31trainman

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:39 am

Glitch in what way?
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  31trainman Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:02 am

You can't see the arrow showing where you are.

31trainman

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:05 pm

Oh, cool Wink never knew that
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  31trainman Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:37 pm

That is why I like rei's minimap, it's actually not bugged like the vanilla one. And allows me to find locations iv visited before.

31trainman

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:31 am

Meh, we can live with bugs though... it's minecraft, that's half the fun of it Wink
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum