Dwarven City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What to do when you're the only one on?

4 posters

Go down

What to do when you're the only one on? Empty What to do when you're the only one on?

Post  Brendanan Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:12 pm

A question most of you are probably asking quite a bit really. "There's no one else online, what can I do?"

Whenever I'm online with someone else, we generally do get stuff done pretty well, and some decent progress will be made, but it seems the server has become pretty inactive, since people will get online, see no one else, and lost for what to do, decide to just log off again, to another server.

So, what can you do? Well, what is helpful to the city?

You can go to the mines and grab us a few more resources (we can always do with more iron). Don't like mining? Try your hand at spelunking... There are becoming fewer and fewer unexplored caves around the place, so you will need to travel a little further out. We even have a bragging board for your spelunking hauls... It seems I am the only one with even an attempt up there Sad

The storeroom can be sorted, and some more stone picks and swords made up. Smelt a bit more stone if you want. Empty out the quickdrop chest, stock the quickgrab, and brew a few potions.

Harvest the farms, and breed up a few more cows. We can never have too many cows (try keeping at least 10 in there, for quick breed and leather). We have two large reed farms for stocking up on books before 1.3 where they require leather.

Now, I would add the double grinder into the equation, but i seem to have screwed up the important bit of it that drops the skeletons to low health (clap clap), so we have only spiders... I can't seem to fix it as of now

Fix the double grinder Wink

Work on decorating the minecart tunnels. Come up with something. It doesn't matter if you're shit at designing things... take a crack at it, and see how it turns out. Try it on a small portion, and get some opinions from other players. That's how I do all my designing :p

Figure out how you can assist in the current big projects. Right now it's the housing, and planning stages of the farms. There's more to do in the housing than just design that last apartment. Some basic decoration to the place, fixing up oddities... We still need to get the rest of the iron bars up around the walkways

If worst comes to worst, afk on the server, and look through all the (active) topics on the forums, and contribute to the discussions there. Check back regularly to see if someone else has joined so you can work together.

There is always plenty to do, it's just a case of knowing what that plenty is, and going and doing it. I get lost for ideas quite often too, but you should always be able to figure out something to do Smile Hope this helps out a little
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

What to do when you're the only one on? Empty Re: What to do when you're the only one on?

Post  3rdi Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:27 pm

I've done a quick design for the decoration of the tracks by the cave, but it could use some tweaking, I thought redstone lamps might look better than the gloswtons+trapdoors i've got at the moment, and the cobblestone could possibly be swapped for something more decorative, the slabs could also be swapped for clay blocks, although we'd need a LOT of clay to do all the tunnels like that, I love the bridge over the cave, and think the whole thing looks pretty swanky Very Happy I think some stuff is actually starting to look finished, and very nicely done at that.

3rdi

Back to top Go down

What to do when you're the only one on? Empty Re: What to do when you're the only one on?

Post  Arrowave Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:38 pm

Thanks, I was hoping you would like the bridge, since it is more or less your little project. Very Happy
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  3rdi Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:17 am

the whole track system seems to be my little project, apart from the wiring, I think i've done almost all of it, I find it quite fun Very Happy

3rdi

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:38 am

I did take a shot at the track to the dome for a little bit of decoration top... Just on the walls
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Supacreator Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:47 am

Ok I will do
Supacreator
Supacreator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum