Project Information

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Project Information

Post  Mimodo on Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:59 am

If you're new to the project, you might not know too much about this, so hopefully this thread will give you an idea.

Given that this is a dwarven city, you might figure that we are venturing into the underground and basically create our own underground haven, all done by hand with no other external tool than teamwork. So that's cool, right, but... what exactly does that mean? Well, that's what this thread will be about. It'll be a quick first introduction of the project for new people, and a source of information to really get you into it.

Here's a short rundown on what we will do, and how we will do it:

We will collaborate on this forum, and use it as our basic meeting hall where we get together and discuss everything. We have begun the actual project, but that does not mean that the forums stop being used. We have a whitelisted server, which only accepted members will be allowed on, and where we will create our Dwarven City. Nothing will be done on your own initiative without consulting the group first, and having the approval of a project leader. For this purpose, we all need to be on the same page, and me and sret will only act as leaders to ensure that there are no disputes or differing opinions that will hinder the common goal. Everything will be decided together, we're all equal, and that's why we need to be strict with the applications for this to work. Don't get disheartened if you're not accepted instantly.

We use this forum to decide most of what we do in-game, and as well there is a message board in a strategical position on the server, using signs to convey information. We need to come up with a way for people to be able to log on and do work even when others are not around.

As an example, we have threads up regarding things like rules, how we gather resources, and so on. A large percentage of the city is completed, but I'm sure you'll all be able to help us evolve it further. We will never stop planning, and with each new addition, the goal is to have it planned down to the block how it will be built, leaving nothing to chance.

The most important thing to remember is that this is all, and I mean ALL, about cooperation. And the single goal is to create a massive underground city, cut out of the stone. This means that if you aren't willing to grab a pickaxe and dig a room big enough to hold an entire base, then you probably don't belong here.

If sure you're still a bit confused, which is alright, but if you're also still interested you'll soon be fully understood on everything when we get down to the details in other threads devoted to different aspects of the project.

I hope this thread at least served to clear up a few things for you, as I brought up a few very important points. You're also always free to, and encouraged to, ask me or Sret about anything that is on your mind. Smile

Humbly yours,
Brendanan (Mimodo)

Thread adapted from sret's original version

Mimodo
Admin

View user profile http://mcdwarves.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top