Dwarven City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In search of new ideas.

+5
Mimodo
Brendanan
Arrowave
sret
requiemmc
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

In search of new ideas. - Page 3 Empty Re: In search of new ideas.

Post  Brendanan Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:25 am

Water? Why water? Dwarves love LAVA!!!! Very Happy

well, that's the logic we've been going with... If it looks good with water, it looks better with lava ;p But... farm cave... that's gonna be flooded with water... LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER!!!

Bridge in the minecart track to the atrium also...

but other than that, we don't have much :p
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:07 am

Supacreator wrote:I've noticed we have very little water presence in the city. we have tons of lava and yet the only water so far is the waterfall shortcut to the surface and then functional stuff in the farms. I think there should be more water in the city. anyone else
I think the scarce amount of water in the city really makes the water features we do have even more appreciated. Besides, the farm caves will have more than enough water for everybody. I like the idea of the farm caves being one of the only water themed places, its like we found a spring and carved out a lake for it to fill.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:11 am

One or two of the rejected designs for the walls of the entrance hallways involved vertical stripes of water on the walls, we could always resurrect those plans for some other hallway that needs a decor theme. And there is that circular water pool under glass in the floor of the entrance hall as well. But yeah, we could use some more water features in the cave. I think one reason we don't have more is the annoying sounds flowing water makes. Lava now makes popping noises, but they're not nearly as loud as flowing water or burning fire.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

http://capiteterram.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:57 am

We should probably keep water within the natural themed places, and the lava within the developed areas.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  sret Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:21 am

Supacreator wrote:I've noticed we have very little water presence in the city. we have tons of lava and yet the only water so far is the waterfall shortcut to the surface and then functional stuff in the farms. I think there should be more water in the city. anyone else

Those waterfalls would be lava aswell if the struggle of swimming through lava didn't defeat the purpose of it being a shortcut.
sret
sret
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:33 am

sret wrote:

Those waterfalls would be lava aswell if the struggle of swimming through lava didn't defeat the purpose of it being a shortcut.

We could always put a chest of fire resistance potions there Wink

But I do agree that we should keep the water restricted to only a few places, and more natural things, like the farm caves, and the minecart bridge bit
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3