Dwarven City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iron issues

+2
requiemmc
jeffewing997
6 posters

Go down

Iron issues Empty Iron issues

Post  jeffewing997 Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:17 am

So I went on this evening and looked through a few chests to see what we need, and I found out we have 18 iron INGOTS. Where is all our iron going? Yesterday I brought back 2 1/2 stacks of iron, and it's gone!? Where is it going? Are people making multiple sets of iron armor? Buckets? Rails? Where's it all going!?

jeffewing997

Back to top Go down

Iron issues Empty Re: Iron issues

Post  requiemmc Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:30 am

Mostly its going onto the throne room floor. At least I hope that's where it is going.

Though its also probably getting used for tools as well.

I grabbed what what was there at lunchtime today (AUS time) converted it to blocks and laid them on the floor of the throne room as per the lets finish as much as we can this week challenge.

I then when back to the mines I've managed to mine some more but I ran out of time and have yet to restock the store room.

perhaps we need to institute a minimum working amount before its used for decoration.

say leave at least half a stack behind when using iron blocks as decoration.

requiemmc

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:49 am

I was dropping off a little ore from the Atrium dig, noticed we'd hit a full stack of ore, and put that stack of ore into a furnace to smelt, left it there. It was gone when I got back, hopefully it was part of what Mimodo RequiemMC used in the floor. Someone also used iron blocks in the floor of the kitchen in the dining area, checkerboarded with obsidian. While it looks darn nice...do we really want the kitchens to have an even nicer floor than the throne room? I keep meaning to go over there and replace the iron blocks with sandstone.

I certainly am not using iron, I haven't even worn armor in days due to spending a lot of time swimming while filling in the bay for the item grinder. I even made myself a diamond sword rather than an iron one, and have been using lesser enchanted picks rather than iron ones for digging out higher-level ores, all to economize on iron for the throne room floor. Other than that, been using stone tools like always.

Last edited by spectrumwars on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : stupid typo)
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

http://capiteterram.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:06 am

I emptied the iron almost a week ago... Habent touched it since...
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:07 am

Brendanan wrote:I emptied the iron almost a week ago... Haven't touched it since...

Gah, said Mimodo when I meant Req. Sorry. Fixed.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

http://capiteterram.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:44 am

Lol Smile I'm sure with just a little mining, and skimping out on armour, we can get a ton more Wink
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackwind Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:35 pm

Iron Golems!
Blackwind
Blackwind

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:53 am

spectrumwars wrote:Someone also used iron blocks in the floor of the kitchen in the dining area, checkerboarded with obsidian. While it looks darn nice...do we really want the kitchens to have an even nicer floor than the throne room? I keep meaning to go over there and replace the iron blocks with sandstone.
I originally had stone slabs that checker-boarded with the obsidian in the kitchen. If I get the chance Ill change it back again.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down