Dwarven City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Signless Darkroom Grinder Concept

3 posters

Go down

Signless Darkroom Grinder Concept Empty Signless Darkroom Grinder Concept

Post  spectrumwars Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:14 pm

Well, I have acquired the world data for the server I used to play on before this one, a server which has since started a new map to take advantage of jungles and such. I have converted it to Anvil Format and opened it up (finding, to my chagrin, that the nice set of gear I had on me when last on the server is vanished and I started over as a noob). I visited one of my old bases to take some screenshots of the signless darkroom grinder I had designed and built for that base complex on that server.

The grinder consists of two darkrooms that are approximate mirror images of each other, facing each other across a 3x3 shaft which does double duty as both the drop-pit killing mechanism of this grinder, and a skylight shaft for a bedrock-level mine. When I left the server, one half had been darkened and was fully operational, but the other half had been dug out but not yet had the torches removed to allow spawning, it was left open for demonstration tours. This was because, by the time I finished digging out the second half, I had decided to abandon this base complex and move elsewhere due to a brief epidemic of griefing on the server.

The Dark Half in operation, seen from an observation gallery above the outflow canal:
Signless Darkroom Grinder Concept 20120304042125

A spider being flushed out of the dark half, seen from the (currently dry) outflow canal of the Light Half:
Signless Darkroom Grinder Concept 20120304042044

Looking up the central outflow canal of the Light Half, from near the exit spout into the drop pit: Signless Darkroom Grinder Concept 20120304042034
Note that any and all dirt or torches visible inside the Light Half darkroom is intended to be removed during or prior to activation. Dirt bridges between spawning pads and so forth are there to facilitate the rapid exit of the players removing torches, before too many mobs can spawn behind them and kill them. To activate the spawner, tear down torches and dirt bridges behind you as you go.

The uppermost spawning pad and side canal of the Light Half:
Signless Darkroom Grinder Concept 20120304042012
Note dirt bridges between spawning pads, and dirt cofferdam keeping the central canal dry. Also note how the pads match the drops in elevation of the central and side canals, to keep the height above water low enough that mobs still drop voluntarily into the flowing water below.

View from one upper rear corner of the Light Half, showing all spawning pads:
Signless Darkroom Grinder Concept 20120304041957

View from the forward spawning pad up the central canal of the Light Half:
Signless Darkroom Grinder Concept 20120304041942

About 2-3 minutes worth of loot from the half of the grinder that is not lit up, left where it fell at the bottom of the drop shaft:
Signless Darkroom Grinder Concept 20120304042309

For the Dwarf City Spawner, I was thinking that because we don't need to have the drop shaft double as a ladder shaft or skylight, we could put four of these darkrooms mirrored around the drop shaft on every side. Whaddaya think, sirs?
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

http://capiteterram.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Signless Darkroom Grinder Concept Empty Re: Signless Darkroom Grinder Concept

Post  Brendanan Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:58 pm

I think we can do it! Very Happy well, you can :p I'll help dig if you define parameters. But I want to personally focus on other parts of the city
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  31trainman Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:23 am

Interesting project. you have my help.

31trainman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down