Dwarven City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[EVENT] Dwarven civil war (postponed)

+7
Splated
Blackwind
spectrumwars
jeffewing997
sret
Lorpius Prime
Mimodo
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[EVENT] Dwarven civil war (postponed) - Page 2 Empty Re: [EVENT] Dwarven civil war (postponed)

Post  3rdi Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:34 pm

Why don't we just make an 'event room' at some point, we could hollow out a fair sized chamber, somewhere near a spawner or two, and then alter it depending on what we want the type of fight to be.

3rdi

Back to top Go down

[EVENT] Dwarven civil war (postponed) - Page 2 Empty Re: [EVENT] Dwarven civil war (postponed)

Post  Blackwind Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:31 am

So we're going to dig an event room sometime and we can build a new platform for every new tournament? A different design.

Last edited by Blackwind on Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Blackwind
Blackwind

Back to top Go down

Post  jeffewing997 Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:58 am

A spleef arena would be awesome

jeffewing997

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:05 am

Yes it would, but very resource intensive and time consuming to make
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  jeffewing997 Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:08 am

Spleef= digging away blocks to defeat your opponent
Dwarves= Block diggers Razz

Sounds about right to me Very Happy

jeffewing997

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:52 am

Fine, but make it an obsidian-floored arena, and ban all tools. Break blocks under your opponents by hand.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

http://capiteterram.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:07 pm

Lol... I think we finish everything else first :p spleef (as much as id love to try it) can wait till after
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Abioticlime Tue May 22, 2012 2:10 am

Hey all, just got back from the east coast of Canada, I see you guys are looking for an arena? I kinda think the atrium would make a epic battlefield, with all the platforms and such, a very episode 1 starwarsish feel to it? Also I could build an arena, I have some experience with spleef arenas, however I can make a pretty good PVP arena (If i do so say myself Razz) I could mine a tunnel from the atrium either on the ground floor on either the first or second and then connect it to the arena which could be under or above ground (Under would be cool!). Tell me what you guys think! If I make it underground it is block positive building and if I building it above it is block negative building, however I can be more creative above ground. Block positive building is when your net loss of blocks is less than your net income of gathered blocks, and block negative building is when your net loss is higher than your net income.

Abioticlime

Back to top Go down

Post  jeffewing997 Tue May 22, 2012 2:52 am

if you use cobble the net gain or loss doesn't really matter. We have what, 500k cobble?

jeffewing997

Back to top Go down

Post  3rdi Tue May 22, 2012 4:16 am

Dig it underground, I think we're running out of stone :S

Edit: just saw jeffe's post, my joke's kinda irrelevant now Sad

3rdi

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave Tue May 22, 2012 6:30 am

Abioticlime wrote:Hey all, just got back from the east coast of Canada, I see you guys are looking for an arena? I kinda think the atrium would make a epic battlefield, with all the platforms and such, a very episode 1 starwarsish feel to it? Also I could build an arena, I have some experience with spleef arenas, however I can make a pretty good PVP arena (If i do so say myself Razz) I could mine a tunnel from the atrium either on the ground floor on either the first or second and then connect it to the arena which could be under or above ground (Under would be cool!). Tell me what you guys think! If I make it underground it is block positive building and if I building it above it is block negative building, however I can be more creative above ground. Block positive building is when your net loss of blocks is less than your net income of gathered blocks, and block negative building is when your net loss is higher than your net income.
Considering that we have 50+ large chests of cobble, I don't think it would matter whether it is block positive or negative. But since our theme is dwarven it only makes sense to put the arena underground.

Anyways, this is a good start for arena talk. I think we should hold off on that though until we finish the Atrium and the Farm Cave.
Arrowave
Arrowave

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan Tue May 22, 2012 7:57 am

I'm with arrowave... Finish off at least discussion and planning for farm caves before we consider this again... Although I do think the atrium would be an epic place to do battle Very Happy

Honestly, I think we build underground for now Wink Who cares if we gain another 50 chests of cobble?
Brendanan
Brendanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2