Dwarven Residential Concepts

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Dwarven Residential Concepts

Post  Supacreator on Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:13 am

spectrumwars wrote:Rather than in a ravine, I propose we change our current plans with the great dome and turn it into the Great Atrium. Leaving the two crossing walkways and the neat crossing with its glass floor in place, let's lower the entire rest of the floor down almost to bedrock. Then, we can build apartments into the walls of this pit with balconies overlooking a central lava pit or, if we want a more residential feel, perhaps a small park with grass, flowers, and a tree?

Great atrium in side-view Cross-Section:

Great Atrium in top-view cross-section:

Each quadrant of the circle could be an apartment, and I'm sure we can fit two levels beneath the current level-40 floor and the bedrock below, with plenty of room for either a lava pit or green park at the bottom.

Staircases either side of the existing walkways could go down to the apartments on that side (the farm side may need to use more compact ladders, for space reasons), and their balconies could connect into a continuous ring road along the rim of the pit below.

I stink at interior design, so I'll leave the details of what each apartment looks like to the experts, or better yet, to their inhabitants.

The biggest problem will be the railroad. I suggest we reroute yet again (sigh) to send the cart line first to a station between the nether portal room and the lava river (or between the lava river and the dome), then to loop past the apartment ring under the entrance walkway to hit the farms and tree farm, perhaps even skipping the dome end of the farm tunnel entirely. But other possibilities include a new dome station between the farms and the walkway down to the warehouse and throne room, or even sending it across the atrium on a bridge of its own, sorta like how the Disneyworld Monorail goes through the Contemporary Resort Hotel.

That would be a very lengthy project, but I think it would be worth it. Void-fog would be a problem so maybe we can have the area like a lava ocean covering the bottom and looking cool without having to suffer from fog because we don't get close.
Supacreator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan on Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:36 am

Again, we've already done this section Wink just got some fancying up to do

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Supacreator on Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:11 am

ha lolz the fourms need updating I gues Razz
Supacreator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan on Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:08 am

The pictures section has kinda died. Probably should clean it out and get it working properly again :p At least I updated the information on the project Very Happy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Supacreator on Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:57 am

yup
Supacreator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down