So what did YOU do today?

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

So what did YOU do today? - Page 21 Empty Re: So what did YOU do today?

Post  spectrumwars on Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:00 am

I tried to sign in to return my loot from yesterday to the storeroom and pick up a efficiency-boosted diamond pick for more rapid collection of fences when I go back into the abandoned mineshaft to continue looting it. But the game lagged into unplayability while I was trying to return to the storeroom via rail system. I managed to get out at the farm stop, but when I tried to put the cart back on the track, it disappeared and I lost connection. When I tried to log back in later after dinner, I couldn't even log in. Ah well, back to my other server for a while then....
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

View user profile http://capiteterram.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan on Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:00 am

funny... it was working perfectly for me just before
Brendanan
Brendanan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars on Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:49 am

Well, it worked fine when I came back much later that evening.

I dropped my stuff off, grabbed an Efficiency III pick, and returned to the mineshaft.

And got thoroughly lost all over again. Part of the problem this time was that I ran into someone else's cleared corridors, but couldn't figure out how to follow them out, instead going around in circles a couple of times. Then I fell through a floor and nearly into lava. Finally I decided to staircase my way up to the surface and return overland. I couldn't be TOO far from the Atrium, I thought, which meant I should come up in fairly familiar territory, thanks to my past adventures on the surface near there, scouting Atrium locations, looking for surface caves to explore, and tending to the surface tree farm on the slopes of Glitch Mountain.

Nope. Came up in an unfamiliar desert at dawn, had a creeper try to blow me up and collapse the top of my staircase instead so when I went scouting I lost track of it can couldn't even find my way back underground. Ran around all day looking for familiar landmarks with no luck. Holed up on a mountainside overnight and checked the "Important Coordinates" thread. Got a rough idea of which way the main entrance was, headed that way at dawn. Finally spotted Glitch Mountain, and was able to re-enter the city via the Moon Pool entrance off the tree farm. Not quite as much iron and gold as last time, more planks and fences, a bit over a stack of rails, and I found a chest that had some Lapis in it. Decent haul, all in all, but shoulda been better.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  jeffewing997 on Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:25 am

Since I had been gone for so long I realized that I need to do my share in resoruce collecting. I got 4-5 stacks of wood, 3 stacks of iron, 8 stacks of coal, 24 diamons, 1.5 stacks of lapis 32 redstone. I then got to work making tools. I filled up all of the stone tool chest with stone and made 8 full-sets of iron armor along with swords. I wasn't sure if that was to much iron to use but I figured with the amount we had, how much I had gotten and how little armor we had that it would be well used.

jeffewing997

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  31trainman on Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:36 pm

I helped black wind on the mob grinder by clearing out some gravel. Surprised

31trainman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  3rdi on Tue May 01, 2012 12:29 am

Managed to get on for long enough to add some new stuff, been working on the area around the train depot, the view boxes around the darkroom grinder, that kind of thing, my router will arrive soon Very Happy

3rdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Steel on Tue May 01, 2012 12:39 am

Sorted storerooms, refilled furnaces, checked the whole damn base for more of those pressure plate bombs (found nothing) and migrated some chests to the storeroom(In that order).

Dr. Steel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave on Tue May 01, 2012 1:06 am

Yesterday I copied one of the diagonal walls in the throne room to the other side. The current design bears our emblem in iron blocks which I think I like. Now I need to clean up the ceiling and the walls to make room for future designs. After that I am going to stop working on the walls of the Throne Room simply because I am out of ideas and I don't want to make something ugly. I am going to focus on resource gathering until we begin digging all the apartments. Just give the word, I think many of us are ready.

I looked at the lapis crystal too and decided that I like it. We really need to come to a conclusion considering we have had the lapis project since we finished the dome and it's still not done.
Arrowave
Arrowave

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  spectrumwars on Tue May 01, 2012 8:31 am

Logged on very briefly, made another trip into the abandoned mineshaft off the atrium to strip out resources. Managed to not get lost this time, but had to cut the trip short when I realized I'd somehow forgotten to bring arrows for my bow. Whoops. Coulda gotten ugly if I'd done more exploring of unlit tunnels. Then I nearly got killed when a slime blocked me as I tried to use the Atrium cart station to return to the warehouse, and I almost suffocated to death inside the block of the launcher. Luckily I managed to break the block with the diamond pick I'd brought along.

After returning to the warehouse, I examined the tunnel our saboteur dug to put the redstone wiring in. He also passed through a coal deposit. I dug that out with a fortune pick, then removed all the redstone dust and the repeater from his tunnel and filled it in with cobble, then replaced the missing chunks of the throne room red carpet.
spectrumwars
spectrumwars

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan on Tue May 01, 2012 8:55 am

I checked the damage, and searched for more traps
Brendanan
Brendanan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Steel on Tue May 01, 2012 12:43 pm

Stocked up on some goods we didn't have enough of (Repeaters, chests, signs), prepped some food and also added new cobble chests.

I think, after the current chests are full, we should then put all new cobble into the mass storage thing, as 48 double chests of cobblestone is way too damn much Surprised

Dr. Steel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan on Tue May 01, 2012 12:45 pm

Sounds like a plan... Floor can be cobble
Brendanan
Brendanan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Steel on Tue May 01, 2012 12:46 pm

Also, slightly off-topic: Shouldn't you remove the Merry Christmas mouse-over thing? Cool

Dr. Steel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan on Tue May 01, 2012 12:48 pm

I have no clue how to... I didn't put it on :p
Brendanan
Brendanan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackwind on Wed May 02, 2012 1:05 pm

I'm surprised that someone else gets bugged by it occasionally.
Blackwind
Blackwind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave on Thu May 03, 2012 2:48 am

I noticed it again a few days ago, was motivated to say anything though. Smile
Arrowave
Arrowave

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan on Thu May 03, 2012 4:36 am

If I get the time I'll have a look Wink
Brendanan
Brendanan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Arrowave on Thu May 03, 2012 5:09 am

Tonight I dug a full apartment out of the wall opposite of the one already there that is on the bottom level. It ended up taking me much long than it should have because at first I rotated the design instead of mirroring it across the hall way. I realized this when my balcony started to intersect the new interstaircase. The future owner of the place might find a couple small rooms behind their walls (not dark) but it shouldn't be a problem.

So far there are three fully dug out apartments. I'm not really sure where the rest of the apartments are supposed to go so I'll hold off on any more digging. Hopefully the one I dug out today is suppose to be there.
Arrowave
Arrowave

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Steel on Thu May 03, 2012 7:43 pm

I made a (temporarily?) fix to the door. It opens and closes extremely quickly, controlled by buttons and pressure plates, so it won't close when you're not through it yet.
The only problem is that if you are inside and want to go outside, you'll have to close the door manually.

Other than that is that it's pretty small, easy to make, fast and noisy.

Dr. Steel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan on Fri May 04, 2012 12:52 am

When I get a chance Ill fix it, unless someone beats me to it. Just a note, I've got 2 people which are coming along for the server, which both seem dedicated and willing to help out Smile if you see them around, be sure to say hi and make sure they know what's going on
Brendanan
Brendanan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Steel on Fri May 04, 2012 3:42 pm

Brendanan wrote:When I get a chance Ill fix it, unless someone beats me to it. Just a note, I've got 2 people which are coming along for the server, which both seem dedicated and willing to help out Smile if you see them around, be sure to say hi and make sure they know what's going on

Fixed the door now Rolling Eyes

Dr. Steel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan on Sat May 05, 2012 3:15 am

Awesome Smile didn't get to do it cause I was showing the new guy around
Brendanan
Brendanan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  31trainman on Sat May 05, 2012 8:28 am

I helped mimodo and arrow and dig and replace cobble in the apartments.

31trainman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendanan on Sat May 05, 2012 2:25 pm

With arrow and train dug a shit load more apartments, then ditched train without warning cause i got called into work in a hurry... Cleaned apartment walls, had a shot at 2nd floor apartments, and removed the skele grinder, leaving chests of stuff to go to store in the practice apartment
Brendanan
Brendanan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  qwizzy on Sat May 05, 2012 5:54 pm

Brendanan wrote:Awesome Smile didn't get to do it cause I was showing the new guy around
Thanks for showing this "new guy" around. I'm happy to say that I went branch mining and found 2 diamond ores in one tunnel! That turned out to be 24 diamonds with a fortune pick used by another user whose name is sadly slipping my mind at the moment... Embarassed
qwizzy
qwizzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next